Rissole25

So I had a random thought today, The Giant must take place at night time since Der Riese had the eclipse, and this is before than. I went to check the intro video, and realized the eclipse is during The Giant as well.

But how? We know after Richtofen sends away Maxis and Samantha, several things occur. We have Richtofen talking with Groph and Schuster. The zombies overrun Der Riese. Richtofen presumably wakens the others and goes to Shi No Numa, where he than returns to Der Riese, during an eclipse.

Doing all those things, he would not have enough time to do them during a single eclipse? Could it be a different eclipse? Very unlikely as that would be months and months away.

Thoughts guys? Is this an oversite and mistake? Or can it be explained? The only thing I can think of, is that Der Riese (when we play) takes place immediately after he awakens the others, where they than travel to Shi No Numa, than back to Der Riese to than eventually travel through time. But I think that has holes itself.

Edited by Rissole25
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends on if Der Riese takes place before or after Shi No Numa, since at the moment there isn't really a clear answer because of the Giant.

This. 

There was never anything concrete saying Der Riese took place after Shi No Numa, so if they want to switch up the timeline it looks like they can.

Personally, I'm hoping its all explained somehow where the Giant had already happened and Richtofen still does all those things. Like the Giant is just another MotD hell map or if somehow the new Richtofen ends up taking the others place. For instance, if this map ends with the Origins Richtofen going back in time another year or 10 years or something, is involved in some of the radio transimisions we've heard, and then frees the group at SNN. Then the O4 arrive at Der Riese right after this map. As long as the original story is upheld, I'll be happy. 

Anyone notice the Nazi symbols are now templar symbols?

They are the iron cross symbols.

And time does stop when Maxis and Sam are teleported, perhaps that has something to do with it. Time travel in Shangri La brought on an eclipse as I recall, so maybe the NO4 traveling here activated one too somehow. I think it's an indication of them being in a pocket universe, with teleportation being the only way out.

• Administrators

Anyone notice the Nazi symbols are now templar symbols?

They are the iron cross symbols.

And time does stop when Maxis and Sam are teleported, perhaps that has something to do with it. Time travel in Shangri La brought on an eclipse as I recall, so maybe the NO4 traveling here activated one too somehow. I think it's an indication of them being in a pocket universe, with teleportation being the only way out.

The Iron Cross was actually used by Nazi Germany as well, it just doesn't stand out the way the swastica does. I'm thinking this is just a sensitive transition to less controversial symbolism.

• Administrators

That depends on if Der Riese takes place before or after Shi No Numa, since at the moment there isn't really a clear answer because of the Giant.

This. 

There was never anything concrete saying Der Riese took place after Shi No Numa, so if they want to switch up the timeline it looks like they can.

Personally, I'm hoping its all explained somehow where the Giant had already happened and Richtofen still does all those things. Like the Giant is just another MotD hell map or if somehow the new Richtofen ends up taking the others place. For instance, if this map ends with the Origins Richtofen going back in time another year or 10 years or something, is involved in some of the radio transimisions we've heard, and then frees the group at SNN. Then the O4 arrive at Der Riese right after this map. As long as the original story is upheld, I'll be happy. 

How do you explain the revamped Shi No Numa radio that says that overloading the teleporter sent them to Kino and the Kino loading screen that corroborates that?  How did they get to Kino from SNN, where there's no teleporter there?

This. 

How do you explain the revamped Shi No Numa radio that says that overloading the teleporter sent them to Kino and the Kino loading screen that corroborates that?  How did they get to Kino from SNN, where there's no teleporter there?

I think the larger question is - how would there be a teleporter at all? Even if SNN took place after The Giant, Richtofen kills his older self that invented the teleporter w/ maxis. Hence, wouldn't that time ripple set forth a reality in which teleporters weren't created? Unless Maxis made one?

My head hurts.

Edited by GRILL
  • Administrators

This. 

I think the larger question is - how would there be a teleporter at all? Even if SNN took place after The Giant, Richtofen kills his older self that invented the teleporter w/ maxis. Hence, wouldn't that time ripple set forth a reality in which teleporters weren't created? Unless Maxis made one?

My head hurts.

But remember, he kills his older self in 1945, so the teleporters are already working.  Exhibit A: he just sent Maxis and Sam through one.  Therefore, there would be no issues with the teleporters existing.

This. 

My head hurts.

But remember, he kills his older self in 1945, so the teleporters are already working.  Exhibit A: he just sent Maxis and Sam through one.  Therefore, there would be no issues with the teleporters existing.

This. 

My head hurts.

D'oh, I keep forgetting that The Giant doesn't take place immediately after Origins.  Good point @Tac

I agree and think SNN was first and Der Riese was second. But there wasn't anything that ever specifically says it. Like so many of the things in the zombie story, if the developers decided to pull a fast one and switch it up, they could. They could even create some answers to your questions or just say to hell with it and leave us guessing like usual.

I'm hoping the meat of what we thought the story was in WaW and BO stays true. No timeline changes, no multiverses were they can Rick and Morty a fresh start, and still praying we don't have the kids telling a story hanging over our heads the whole DLC season.