Sign in to follow this  
NaBrZHunter

All Maps Confirmed Canon

NaBrZHunter    488

So...Blundell finally shut down the idea that Treyarch is attempting to erase the past events of zombies, and that therefore, from WaW to BO2, all maps are indeed canon, The Giant and future DLC continuing what is now being called the Core Story of Zombies will continue the story that has panned out since the beginning. 

"Every time we do a map it connects to our lore...and to previous maps." -Jason Blundell

So there is no question that Origins and the rest of BO2 is canon. 

Also, comments as far back as the release of Origins, where they described it as "where our characters meet for the first time," as well as comments made in the new trailer support the idea of a multidimensional universe and not a multiverse or parallel universe of any kind. 

"Yeah, seems like old times, huh?" -Dempsey

"I believe the path ahead may be more treacherous than before." -Takeo

"Maybe there is a way to end all of this...to return to our homes...our old lives...our families."-Nikolai

And the kicker:

"You can never wash away the blood on your hands, Richtofen." -Nikolai

I conclude, definitely, that we are in the same world, with the same characters, in the same places. Just a lot of warped time and crossing between Agartha and Earth via Aether. Anyone with me? I'm not going to do a new poll, but I'll link my original here. 

• Like 2

Tac    462

While I suspected that things were canon, this was nice to hear definitively. It'll be a fun season.

• Like 1

Rissole25    378

Cool beans. Gives me a little hope for some resolution to the N4. Plus the O4 and Samantha post-Moon.

I imagine Dead Ops Arcade and Dead Ops Arcade 2 is included in this too?

NaBrZHunter    488

Cool beans. Gives me a little hope for some resolution to the N4. Plus the O4 and Samantha post-Moon.

I imagine Dead Ops Arcade and Dead Ops Arcade 2 is included in this too?

Right? Same here. And I hated the suggestion that the NO4 were a "different set of people from another universe" or any BS like that, so this was a big relief for me!

I'm not going to be the one to put my foot in my mouth and say they aren't. But personally, I don't see how they could be just because they are so basic and really have nothing to contribute. So it's not a big deal, really. If they are, okay! If not, meh, it didn't make a difference. 

Hells Warrrior    564

Hate to say it, I said at the time the Origins ending cutscene did not mean it was the end, could still be a game but I doubt it.

Edited by Hells Warrrior

NaBrZHunter    488

Hate to say it, I said at the time the Origins ending cutscene did not mean it was the end, could still be a game but I doubt it.

Well, as confusing as that still is...and apparently there is something very relevant about it according to @MrRoflWaffles, but he's (understandably, reasonably) keeping it in confidence. Personally, I can't bring myself to believe it's a child's game. No part of the story has been that weak to date. Not even the N4 anything, IMO. 

Still, regardless...whatever it ends up being, like he said, it's canon, and not meaningless as some have suggested. 

I'm glad they finally settled that. I don't get why they couldn't have just clarified that sooner so that we wouldn't have all this confusion and wild theorization but at least they said something about it.

NaBrZHunter    488

I'm glad they finally settled that. I don't get why they couldn't have just clarified that sooner so that we wouldn't have all this confusion and wild theorization but at least they said something about it.

True. All's well that ends well! 

• Like 1

Boom115    241

Good now I don't have to hear "multiverse" anymore. It was right up there with k-i-t-chen in frequency on this forum.

Edited by Boom
  • Like 1

NaBrZHunter    488

Good now I don't have to hear "multiverse" anymore. It was right up there with k-i-t-chen in frequency on this forum.

The second sentence is COMPLETELY lost on me. LOL!

Tac    462

The second sentence is COMPLETELY lost on me. LOL!

The k-itchen spammers were really bad for a while on the site haha, they'd post ads constantly and unrelentingly so I think the word is now banned from the site xD

DragonGJY    81

I was always believing in multi-universe until I came across this. I believed in that because the time Treyarch released Apocolypse where Origins is in the intro of the DLC says:

...and an alternate-reality Dieselpunk Zombies experience that transports players to the undead-infested trenches of a World War I battlefield. 

How do you understand "alternate-reality"? I understood it as multi-universe but I was very surprised to read this and I really want to know your proof for it being really a multi-dimension instead of multi-universe. In addition, I found many things hard to explain with out multi-u theory.

Still, I so ready to hear your understandings, looking forward. 

NaBrZHunter    488

@Tac BAHAHAHA! Wow, that is a hoot! Oh, BTW-still need to get back with you on the 'Zombies are' thread. Need to do some thinking and sit down at the laptop.

@DragonGJY Hey man! That's actually a great response. Got me thinking for a moment! 

But in the end, all of Zombies is an alternate reality-space age tech in the 40s', zombies, and finally, the world getting bombed from the moon. So while I think it's a bit curious that they specifically pointed it out, there, I get the feeling that it is one of those things where they began phrasing things so that a more mainstream crowd could somehow justify what we in the zombies community have always accepted as normal. 

@DragonGJY Hey man! That's actually a great response. Got me thinking for a moment! 

But in the end, all of Zombies is an alternate reality-space age tech in the 40s', zombies, and finally, the world getting bombed from the moon. So while I think it's a bit curious that they specifically pointed it out, there, I get the feeling that it is one of those things where they began phrasing things so that a more mainstream crowd could somehow justify what we in the zombies community have always accepted as normal. 

Yeah just to piggy back off this, zombies was starting to get quite huge by that point in BO2 as more and more casual players started discovering it. Therefore they would refer to it as an alternate reality from the other half of the game (campaign and mp basically taking place in the same reality that zombies is clearly not a part of).

• Like 1