Sign in to follow this  
Boom115

Grief and Turned will not be returning

Boom115    241

Although the alternative game modes were never considered to be an overwhelming fan favorite, it is now confirmed that they will not be returning in Black Ops III. During today's stream with Jason Blundell (Exec. Producer of zombies) was asked "are there other modes beside survival mode?". His answer...wait for it...here it comes..."NO". How is this news hitting you? Were you looking forward to the variation within zombies or are you happy that we are bringing focus back to the old formula?

Also the guy interviewing Jason totally sounds like @GRILL.

Edited by Boom

Eh its hit or miss with me. I am glad more time is going into the main maps but I am still hoping Grief and maybe some fun game modes like maybe something akin to Gun Game or Extinctions Chaos mode may make it in one day, through DLC.

Lenne    412

I would bring out the grumpy cat again but I don't want to overuse it.

I had some good laughs with turned but nothing I want to play again.

Grief I have only played twice.

Never liked it.

Sorry. ;_;

Spider3000    140

That's a shame. I liked Grief alot, especially on Town and Mob of the Dead. I would've liked to have seen it return, but oh well.

Turned I don't mind about, because I doubt I've played that more than a few times.

Awards

Aww.. I really wanted some new gamemodes :( Oh well. I'm not going to act like I play greif or turned EVER. 

However it IS uplifting to hear that there is still the chance of SURVIVAL maps returning 

TimelordAlex    52

Disappointed by this news, i will miss grief - i just want some form of 8 player game and it bugs me there so resistant to do 8 player co-op. However if maps are big enough i would like to at least see smaller survival maps.

Rissole25    378

Pretty disappointed. Grief was great, especially Cell Block. I would've liked if future maps were based off that one.

Turned less though, but it had great potential.

I enjoyed Grief as it was the only way to play with a bunch of people at once and kind of turn it into a survival challenge, also who doesn't love trolling people? Turned could've been great but I did only play it about 4 times so no big deal. I would prefer for that to become the new infection mode actually but I highly doubt that will be happening. Was hoping to see more game modes come out of this one but I guess we can't get everything we want. Hopefully survival maps return, with some added features to boot.

The Clay Bird    173

Kinda sad about grief.  Really had some good games with friends on cell block grief.  But on the same token, I feel like the SOE and whatever else will be a large enough experience to keep everyone busy.

GRILL    258

"And then there was much rejoicing"

Grief had its moments, but if I had a choice between 3arc allocating time for zombie "mini games" vs allocating that time to work on maps/DLC - I would choose the latter 11/10.