Aloha Fellow Zombie Enthusiasts

Tac

• Administrators

So first and foremost, as anyone who's been on the site for a while will know, this is like my third introduction haha.  As I get older and life gets more complex, there are things that have to be sacrificed in the name of other pursuits.  Unfortunately, being the rabbit hole of time that it is, CoDz (and video games in general) tend to be the first to go.  With that being said, my name is Tac and I'm a college student who's looking to influence Middle Eastern foreign policy for the U.S. government, double majoring in Political Science and Philosophy with the intention of going to Law School in the coming years.  My interest in Political Science is International Law (as you may have inferred), though many domestic issues intrigue me as well.  In regards to Philosophy, I delve into theories regarding morality and am especially interested in logic.  

I joined Call of Duty Zombies five years ago yesterday and at risk of sounding cliche or overly grandiose, it truly did alter the course that my life took.  I've made great friends on here that I talk to every day and occasionally travel cross-country to see, but it also taught my then-high-school-brain some valuable lessons in critical thinking, and I think it helped me become a Philosophy lover.  My intrigue in logic is, in my opinion, a large reason why I've been lucky enough to supply the community with good zombie-story content over the years and I'm very appreciative of the site for not only helping me learn the valuable craft, but then letting me apply it and produce worthwhile content.  I'll always be indebted to the site for that reason.

I'm sure some older users will be surprised to see me back and perhaps ask why I am, and honestly it's because this site, and Zombies in general, has a unique tug on me and many others.  I remember explaining to someone what it felt like to be added to a new usergroup on the site, whether it was becoming a Moderator ages ago or being added to the Hall of Fame, and expressing how happy I was when it happened.  They didn't quite understand.  They'd tell me that I should prepare more intensely for law school or something along those lines, not quite understand what this meant to me.  Sure, it's a unique talent that a theorist produce something that few people in the world will ever read, let alone appreciate, for one game mode in one studio for one franchise in video games of all things.  However, producing something your proud of regarding a topic you love is something I believe everyone can understand, regardless if they understand the topic, and that's why I enjoy the site.

Anyway, that's my story.  If you have any questions, be sure to ask, otherwise I can't wait to see you all around. :)

Edited by Tac
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Tac is back!!! In black!

Y'know, I dunno if I joined right before you left or if I just read a bunch of your stuff, but I was a longtime CoDZ stalker before I became a member. Either way-great to see you back! 

Gotta say...as a relatively new member, I can confirm everything you said about being a member out here. Best online social interface I've ever been a part of.

Look forward to discussion as this epic commences!

Welcome back Tac!

I'm another old member making a bit of a return, although I was more of a lurker than poster.  I kinda moved on from CoD a few years ago, but every once in a while I still fire up the nazi zombie maps on ps3 with the old crew.  Hoping the new BO3 zombie mode delivers as much fun and draws me back in.