Looking for Group

Hells Warrrior

• Tech Admin

Is now live. It is only in testing stage but it is currently pretty solid and I've not found any major bugs at the moment. You are all welcome to test it out, supply feedback in this topic, any bugs found please leave a message here but also report it in the bug finder (found under help, bugs & suggestions).

Couple of known issues and will be addressed before go live.

• Ajax refresh is still being worked on, so no automatic refresh or notice to inform a new entry has been added.
  • MIC option is currently causing an issue with the form to add an entry not populating - so MIC option is disabled at the moment
  • Teamspeak URL not accepting other links such as ts3server:// - we will allow this in next update
  • If xbox system, it will link to the Xbox Live service so you can send that player a message, need to enquire about how it detects xbox selection as it doesn't recognise Xbox 360 / Xbox One (might just be xbox) and will need this addressed.

Other than that, it's working extremely well. It is not open for any guests at this stage - only registered members during the testing phase.

1187769171a18634235b3fd7beacd688.png

Again, please report any issues here but also log them in the bugs & suggestions area found under help, this way we can keep them all in the right places and not lose sight of any bugs.

All entries may be lost during the testing phase, due to upgrades/fixes being applied.

Edited by Hells Warrrior
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

What about deleting groups once your game has finished? Hope you'll excuse me, this is the first LFG I've ever used. 

Guess what I'm wondering is-say me, myself and I wants to do an EE. I have no compadres at the moment, so I create a group on the LFG-how many members should I put in? One, for me? Or three, for how many more I need? Or four for number of total players required for what I want to do?

If that is an extraordinarily dumb question, I am sorry.

What about deleting groups once your game has finished? Hope you'll excuse me, this is the first LFG I've ever used. 

Guess what I'm wondering is-say me, myself and I wants to do an EE. I have no compadres at the moment, so I create a group on the LFG-how many members should I put in? One, for me? Or three, for how many more I need? Or four for number of total players required for what I want to do?

No dumb questions, just dumb people 

In all realness this is new for a lot of us, I recommend setting up a Q & A/ FAQ type page @Hells Warrrior 

Alright so, quickly here to address a few things:

@way2g00d in the top right of the top menu, it should say "codz lfg".  On mobile, it will be on the slide out menu towards the bottom.

@RedDeadRiot the LFG is like a middle man.  After you find a like minded game, it's up to you to initiate contact using the little message icon (currently linked to email, but are hoping to have it link to gamertag messages as well).  You could also just message the person via their gamertag.

@NaBrZHunter totally get what you are saying.  Need to confirm first. 

Back soon, guys!

• Tech Admin

Not dumb but if your looking for a group and you know that Zombies is a max 4 player co-op - you already have 1 player ;)

I'm looking into a deletion after a set period of time.

• Administrators

@Hells Warrrior Heh heh. I think we're communicating on different wavelengths...if that's possible on such a simple thing. I think it's just because there could be multiple pieces of metadata that could mean different things. But the only thing someone LFG needs to see is how many members are needed, not how many are currently in the group. So the number of members in my 'group' column would be 3, since I am #1, needing 3. 

• Tech Admin

@RedDeadRiot the LFG is like a middle man.  After you find a like minded game, it's up to you to initiate contact using the little message icon (currently linked to email, but are hoping to have it link to gamertag messages as well).  

That's exactly how it works, I'm looking into adding additional contact options, Twitter/Facebook as well as email/Message via live

@RedDeadRiot @NaBrZHunter @way2g00d @Hells Warrrior Okay so I've done a little draft of how we'd like the filters to be separated.  At the moment there is just one long filter list, this is not what we intend.  Look below to see what it will be like:

zifa7sC.png

Game: Waw, BO, BO2, BO3 (with the idea that we'll add in Extinction & Exo Zombies after nailing it down)
Mode: Zombies, Campaign, MP
Map: Any map that is out, arranged by game, and further more chronologically (we will look into customs, might have to be it's own filter)
Play Style: This will be the bread and butter of the LFG function.  EE, Speed Run, High Rounds, Casual, Research, Point Building (for building up your bank bucks), etc.

Back soon with more!!!! :D

Edited by GRILL

@Hells Warrrior @Covert Gunman

Alright so Covy was saying that we should add a custom info section, which I agree with.  Here's a mock up of how I picture:

EqyfejY.png

So the "info" section will only be viewable after you've clicked on an LFG post and are in the "View Group" pop up.  The "info" section would allow you to include specifics about your play type.  The information in this section will not factor into the filters, or anything like that.

p.s. @NaBrZHunter not saying that you smoke, just using your post as an example! :mrgreen:

Edited by GRILL

Not so much for me but a grief option is missing for those that still play it.

Its early so not sure if its just me but do not see map as a selectable option.

I think in terms of deleting after a certain time that will be a good option, however I'm presuming that should this LFG take off once fully released, there will be a set amount of entries displayed that will auto kick the oldest entry that will promote active lookers as opposed to old posts no longer relevant?

Looking forward to try and obtain an EE team on Sunday to do motd or origins so kudos for this!