Black Ops 3 Easter Eggs

Hells Warrrior

What are you expecting/hoping for with BOIII Easter Eggs  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I think it depends on what more of the same means. If more of the same means Easter Eggs similar to the Zombie team created maps in BO2 then no, I wouldn't want to see those again. However, if more of the same is based upon what BO1 was or Mob of the Dead, then yeah I'd like to see those.

I voted bigger and better though, because I'd like for them to be more epic in scale. Moon comes to mind. Powering towers so you can get some flashy lights didn't cut it with me, when in the previous Zombie map we blew up Earth. I'd like to see better incentives for completing them too, and generally I think the Egg's should just be fun to complete.

While Mob and Call of the Dead both have pretty easy Easter Eggs, I do go back to them because they're fun quests to do on the side.

i'd say none, no one likes EE, it's one of the most hated things in zombie, i'd say treyarch is stupid if they put in EEs for zombies for BO3..... treyarch was also stupid for not having a bus in their other maps.... as they lacked the exitment teh bus created! :)

Mmm, I'm not looking forward to having 10 different tedious tasks like they put into Origins. Sure some were good, but some really put me off that map. 

Ican see more of the same style gameplay for Shadows of Evil, unsure what to expect in The Giant. 

I'm looking for something like the BO1 easter eggs, with like, a SMALL incantation of what you're supposed to do, possibly hidden in only one area of the map. Just... Please no announcers yelling at us to do something all the time. We HATE that. Even MOTD had the characters CONSTANTLY whine to build the plane....People that actually do these easter eggs do NOT need to be constantly reminded of what they came here to do. 

I've got a feeling they've got all the dialogue just WAITING for the shadowman though.....

Something like Moon. Moon is just the best easter egg in terms of steps, creativity, reward, etc.

Please no announcers yelling at us to do something all the time.

"I DEMAND THAT YOU DO WHAT I SAY"
"DEFY MY WILL AT YOUR OWN RISK!"
"START OVER"
"DO NOT FAIL ME AGAIN!"

These quotes right here are the most infuriating quotes I've ever heard. Like fuck off Samantha, WE are rescuing YOU! You don't get to boss us around.
Without starting the egg, here is when the people we help in eggs speak:

• Gersch only speaks at the start and thats it.
  • O4 (CotD) speak 1-2 times once the power is on, and you walk pass that area.
  • Gary & Brock don't speak at all
  • Same with Moon, no one speaks in it.
  • Maxis speaks at the start of TranZit, when the power is on, and in certain locations I believe. Pretty much same with Richtofen (minus at the start) except only Samuel can hear him.
  • Die Rise only Maxis speaks at the start, select locations/weapons. Don't recall Richtofen speaking, but you get to listen to those Zombies cry (yay).
  • For Buried Maxis again at the start and by his noose. Richtofen, by his guillotine, plus bugs Samuel up till like Round 5 or 7 I think.
  • Origins, you hear Samantha anyway, constantly, and will repeat quotes.

Problem with BO2 is they tried integrating the eggs in the main gameplay itself. The way the staves are, they're treated as normal gameplay obtainable. But Samantha constantly talking about obtaining them, really makes it feel like you're starting the Origins egg everytime, which is just annoying. I just hope Shadowman isn't as bad as her in that department.

• Tech Admin

I'm hoping for more of the original (much more subtle) easter eggs. I hate to be hand fed.

Press X to activate radio.

We had a customer when I worked at Telewest (owned by Liberty Media) a cable company in the UK. One of the interactive options, was to press the red button for more information, etc. When it first came out, you could press the red button to activate or you could press the blue button to get rid of the red button on screen.

This particular customer called customer service and complained that it was infringing on his civil liberties, he was escalated to my department to complain. My mate Nicky that I play zombies with on a Thursday took the complaint, he wanted to then speak to Nicky's manager so got me (not because I was his manager, just a different voice).

What's the point of the story? Myself, Nicky & Jamie had with in our email signatures for weeks "Just Press The Button" (drove everyone mental, as they didn't know why lol) and it rings true here @Boom - just press the button to activate the radio ffs 

Looking back (& even at the time), having the hud icon hint say "Press X to activate radio" in Origins is bullshit. 

Here is a game mode that spans 3 games over nearly 8 years, has 15 maps, was an Easter egg game mode to begin with, had a small side quest easter egg that no-one had discovered so they told us there was one (Fly Trap), had hidden radios that became staple & revealed some slight backstory in nearly every map & on the final map in the starting area they have a hint pop-up on screen telling you to activate the radio. - WTF????

I was so let down by having the same TV in TranZit & Die Rise telling the story  then Mob of the Dead & Buried didn't even have those interactive objects at all. And to top it off, Origins told us to activate the radio like it does with opening a door, rebuilding a barrier or buying a Perk or Wall Weapon! 

It's like they reversed engineered themselves from what this great game started of as. 

I can understand them trying to market it to gain more audience & players & perhaps making it more accessible, but we all started playing this game because of the gameplay & then some of us found some interesting story, which if you wanted to know more about it, you had to look for it yourself. 

8 years later, look at what that type of hidden marketing does. Hundreds of thousands of loyal players/consumers. It was fucking great!

Don't give me something that is like a 2 year olds toy - "Press the coloured button to play a sound!"

(I'm pretty certain Black Ops 3 has an R18+ rating in Australia, it's not for teenyboppers Activision)

Let me have a fun game that I can spend an hour playing, not 5 hours just setting up @Treyarch @Activision (haha)

i'd say none, no one likes EE, it's one of the most hated things in zombie, i'd say treyarch is stupid if they put in EEs for zombies for BO3..... treyarch was also stupid for not having a bus in their other maps.... as they lacked the exitment teh bus created! :)

wait a minute.......... i think you're up to something....  ;)

What I want and the inevitable don't intersect. Everyone here complains about how meticulous setting up origins was, while all the while singing its praises. Transit was and is my favorite map, not because it was easy but because of the opposite. There are three kinds of players on transit  presently: chicken bones, cheaters, and skilled independent players. I fully support playing with 2/3 of this group because they are in it for the challenge (chicken bones, whether they like it or not)

Everybody couldn't get enough of 3arcs man gravy after Origins, "staffs uhhmfg its so much easier now!!"

They saw this, and based on logic we can expect even more glaringly obvious boring meticulous eggs with a unique or worthwhile reward occuring on maybe 20% of them. You all have no one to blame but yourselves. You picked the map with the most opportunities to make personal progression easier and you labeled it the best blops2 map.

What I want and the inevitable don't intersect. Everyone here complains about how meticulous setting up origins was, while all the while singing its praises. Transit was and is my favorite map, not because it was easy but because of the opposite. There are three kinds of players on transit  presently: chicken bones, cheaters, and skilled independent players. I fully support playing with 2/3 of this group because they are in it for the challenge (chicken bones, whether they like it or not)

Everybody couldn't get enough of 3arcs man gravy after Origins, "staffs uhhmfg its so much easier now!!"

They saw this, and based on logic we can expect even more glaringly obvious boring meticulous eggs with a unique or worthwhile reward occuring on maybe 20% of them. You all have no one to blame but yourselves. You picked the map with the most opportunities to make personal progression easier and you labeled it the best blops2 map.

That's pretty harsh sounding but he's right, if they do change zombie mode there's no doubt they'll base it off the success of origins. Which is a blessing and a curse because while it was basically the most fun and inventive, we'll have to deal with everything shitty that came with it. That's why I'm hoping they do another radical change like they did with BO2 but different (and hopefully better) this time. Or keep the formula how it was. That's always an option

I fully expect all the maps to have MotD/Origins style quests throughout, so rather than an end reward like BO1 maps and the ill-fated N4 BO2 maps it will be a series of rewards unlocked as you progress. I am cool with that I guess. As long as they are not forced onto the player and there is no narrator repetitively moaning in my ear because I decide to have a non-EE game.

I would also prefer not to see the return of end-game finishes. They were such an anti climactic finish to those maps. I might be alone in that opinion though, but if they are to return make it something that can only be activated by ALL players, not just the one player.

I agree, if you're gonna finish the game you might as well make the ending really something, even just adding an outro cutscene would go a long way.

Well, they did do that for Origins. And if maps are gonna have end games, then that's how I'd prefer for them to activate. By having all players press a button, or whatever. Not like the way to finish the Mob of the Dead Easter Egg where the game would automatically end when finishing it. But, yeah it should take all players to activate the endgame at the end of an Easter Egg.

• Administrators

I kinda agree with @Tainted Opossum as regards the staves. Personally, I'm not a fan of the wonder weapons since BO2. They were cool until the end of BO1. Each had a unique story, and kinda followed each other, all being somehow related to their predecessors, with the exception of the Babymaker. I know some people are gonna get bored if they don't keep making new shyte, but it compromises the story, IMO. Especially the mythical stuff. At least the BO WWs were sci-fi; but the staves, and the magical swords...just too many shiny lights and mythical 'we have no explanation for this massively powerful stick.' 

And if you're going to do something like that, make it random again, and maybe only accessible later in the game so that guy who wants what he wants regardless of anyone else can't turn a co-op game into an arms race. 

Hell's retriever is okay. It's a 'special grenade' (gotta love 'em) and everyone can get them. 

Even if it is an attempt at realism, however...please nerf it to a certain extent. The Paralyzer is the reason I don't play Buried with a team. Whoever has it will never die, and if you should ever suffer a normal fate, you will then spend another couple hours spectating, respawning, running to re-supply, and dying again. 

I would like to see an MG or a rifle of some kind that is comparable to these fantastic wonder weapons. 

I know that's off-topic, but since WWs usually relate to the EE, it isn't at the same time. 

As far as EEs...

-Bring back the achievements, the gamer pic, and let us keep on playing if we want. If an endgame is provided, make it like the Moon teleporter-a time-based 'last stand' scenario that keeps the tension high until the last second, and only occurs when all players approve.

-I would like the EEs return to being very team-focused so that the steps can't be hogged by the guy who has no mic and wants to speed run as much as possible without his mates. 

-Solo EE-yes! But simpler, with a different achievement and no cutscenes. Provides replayability, solo practice for the major EE with your team, and gives solo only folks an EE to do without robbing the map of the full team experience. 

-Picking up items in early DLC EEs that allow you to complete the next-yes. Always maintain that, please. It keeps it logical, linear, and rewards the diligent. 

And please...no endgame cutscenes exceeding 10 seconds until DLC 4. The major EE should be the cutscene. And guys, this is no loss to us here on the forum-or any classic zombies fan. We didn't have video until the opening cutscene of Die Rise, and frankly, the BO2 cutscenes did not contribute any more to what we debate and speculate on than the classic means of gathering intel-radios, images, character comments, and loading screens. The Advanced Warfare method makes the whole thing feel constrained and cookie cutter. More like a campaign than the mysterious, debatable, and cryptic game mode we all grew to love before it became this monolith. 

Sorry for the length. This is my persuasion. 

whew, you are one special kind of masochist! ;)

whew, you are one special kind of masochist! ;)

You sound like my grandmother,

And I LOVE my grandmother!

I actually REALLY like that the giant DLC is exclusive because that means there will be less little shits in the lobby just looking to troll. They just don't understand it's not funny if A-no one but us see it and B- you don't set it up right. Just randomly blocking key doorways just makes you annoying. Tricking someone into jumping into an insta-kill glitch? That's funny. 

Archived