Sign in to follow this  
Stop Mocking Me0

Will there be buildables?

Is there going to be buildables in this game?

Now, these were a big aspect of BO3, however, they were also VERY negatively received in some cases. 

We've seen no workbenches so far, and nothing being built. We've seen the turbo-shield, but we aren't sure if that's been built or received by other means. 

Would you be against it? I personally would LIKE to see buildables return as hunting for parts was always fun when the game first came out and you didn't know WHAT the hell you were holding. It kinda died as things went on though, and in a map the size of SOE (or what it appears to be) it could take FOREVER to find the parts you need if you didnt know... 

It's pretty if-y. And if there is buildables in SOE, what about The giant? 

Rissole25    378

I'm only against the Turbine and things that required the Turbine. I was happy with the Zombie Shield, Trample Steam and Head Chopper since they didn't require anything but themselves. So I'd like to see buildables along that vane.

The whole reason there had to be turbines was so players couldn't camp indefinantly using the tools. It would have worked fine if there had been select places on the map you could place a trap WITHOUT a turbine and it'd work. Like a power-slot in the ground. Then if you wanted to use an item where you wanted it wouldn't be charged without a turbine, but if you just wanted to USE the device you could have just used a spot on the ground where it wouldn't glitch. 

Such a simple solution that was just DROPPED with tranzit. 

I actually really like the idea of buildables in BO2. Tranzit could've been so good but it just got tedious after a while. But I think we all know what Tranzit got wrong so I don't think I need to drag that dead horse back. It was improved upon in later maps though. Origins I think the staffs were worthy of being tedious to build as they were more proper WW's, and everything else in Origins and MotD was alright buildable-wise. I think these new maps, if buidables return, just need one designated "workshop" place.

I'm not sure if they will return though. The shields in BO2 looked kind of junky and the one in the reveal trailer for SoE looked far more... artisan? Perhaps it's something we can purchase this time around?

I remember back when you had NO idea what the buildables in tranzit did and for a split second you thought it was super mysterious and the map was good... Then that quickly faded...

Ah yes, those first few days when you would find random parts and be like "what the hell are these for" and exploring the more obscure places of the map like that cabin out in the fog or the tunnel and the corn mazes with the freaking building from Nacht hidden in them. Then it turns out it's just for the worst WW ever conceived.

CyanQuasar    0

To Be Honest, I believe that the shield was a buildable just because of the fact that in the past there where shields that you had to BUILD. But Yeah I hope that there are buildables because it is always fun to find the pieces