What is beast-mode

Many people so far have connected this new "Monster Mode" to a few things. Some say it's a gumball effect, some say it's the new afterlife mode. 

I personally think it's like afterlife mode, but it has to be activated by doing something and won't trigger upon death. 

I actually think in theory, that it's gained by KILLING the margwas. Like say you summon a margwa, that's obviously bad for you. But kill it and you unlock a few minutes of rampage mode, which during that time you can power objects, smash through walls, and kill zombies. 

I of course have no proof of this, but this appears to be my theory. Thoughts?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't a gumball effect. I thinks its a random thing that will happen mid round that a player cant control. The intro shows them in this rampage mode and then waking up, so I think they keep uncontrollably turning to a monster and have the need to kill.

I am fully convinced it can only be achieved after performing a ritual. In fact I'm betting that's how a lot of the in-game power ups will work. This is the same team that did MotD and Origins, both of which had small side quests to get some of the more unique power-ups. The tomahawk, golden spork, 1 inch punch, lightning strike thing, etc. This is how I believe we'll get the sword and the new "monster mode" and whatever other hidden gems there are in the new map.

I am fully convinced it can only be achieved after performing a ritual. In fact I'm betting that's how a lot of the in-game power ups will work. This is the same team that did MotD and Origins, both of which had small side quests to get some of the more unique power-ups. The tomahawk, golden spork, 1 inch punch, lightning strike thing, etc. This is how I believe we'll get the sword and the new "monster mode" and whatever other hidden gems there are in the new map.

I don't think so. Jason Blundell is the new Game Director for Zombies, but I can't imagine the whole Zombie team being replaced by the Campaign team.

I don't think so. Jason Blundell is the new Game Director for Zombies, but I can't imagine the whole Zombie team being replaced by the Campaign team.

It isn't the whole campaign team. As far as I have seen, it is just Blundell being put as director of zombies. Their might be more people but the zombies team is still there.

It isn't the whole campaign team. As far as I have seen, it is just Blundell being put as director of zombies. Their might be more people but the zombies team is still there.

I didn't mean the whole team, I was under the impression that Jason Blundell was in charge of MotD and Origins and was generally referring to him and some of the other people behind those 2 maps most likely working on the new ones. I figured there would be some overlap between the old and new teams.

Thats what is most likely. To be honest the reason the first map is technically like an of the dead map is probably because of Mob of the Dead being so successful so they wanted a successful starting map, unlike last game...

My guess is that while some things in the map will work without power, like the mystery box and some perks, others won't. Like the PAP, maybe a bridge or two, maybe certain doors that let you access certain areas. 

To get these last things unlocked, you need to summon a Margwa. This will bring him into the game and give you a boss to kill, once dead, you yourself become a monster as well, able to storm the map and zap things, smash walls, and DESTROY zombies for the round that fallows killing the margwa. 

My guess is that while some things in the map will work without power, like the mystery box and some perks, others won't. Like the PAP, maybe a bridge or two, maybe certain doors that let you access certain areas. 

To get these last things unlocked, you need to summon a Margwa. This will bring him into the game and give you a boss to kill, once dead, you yourself become a monster as well, able to storm the map and zap things, smash walls, and DESTROY zombies for the round that fallows killing the margwa. 

Then why do they go on rampage mode in the intro without killing a Margwa?

Well I don't really think the intro will correspond to gameplay. From what it looks like, what made them fall asleep turned them into rampaging monsters, but how do they get that drink back? My guess would be rituals will be for PAPing and summoning margwas, killing margwas is the key to rampage mode. Rampage mode is the key to unlocking more areas of the map. 

Well I don't really think the intro will correspond to gameplay. From what it looks like, what made them fall asleep turned them into rampaging monsters, but how do they get that drink back? My guess would be rituals will be for PAPing and summoning margwas, killing margwas is the key to rampage mode. Rampage mode is the key to unlocking more areas of the map. 

It isn't just a drink, it was the smoke too. Where has the rampage mode ever linked to unlocking areas in the map? I get the link from killing Margwas, even though they look different and it didn't happen in the intro, but no trailer shows it being used to open doors or debris.

Trailer is confusing , it is designed that way its 3arcs flavour of mind#**#*#

Gumball effect sounds logical

If it is im guessing you can choose when to use it by selecting it out of your pack

It isn't a gumball effect.

Wait Marshawn....Margawn....Margwa..... DEAR GOD!

I read that and imagined his face morphing into three. I wouldn't be at all surprised either since its Treyarch.

Maybe the characters look like Marshawn Lynch to the other characters while in "beast mode".

Oh please I need this. Kinda off topic but early I was sure I remembered a saying about the word margwa but I can't remember it now. Am I crazy or is that a thing, or is their at least something that sounds like it?