NaBrZHunter

Why Shi No Numa?

NaBrZHunter    488

Dempsey: "We're here. This is the place."

Nikolai: "Finally! I was getting tired of Takeo's rambling."

Dempsey: "Shut up Nikolai, and get your gear."

I know we've talked endlessly about this, but over the last couple days I've been working on a Shi No Numa based video and  am curious as to what our take is on where it is in the timeline at this point and why the O4 went there in the first place. 

And of course, this new radio appeared in SNN Black Ops, believed to be at Kino Der Toten, but I'm not sure from where that conclusion was drawn. 

Tank: "Where are we?"

Nikolai: "A better question is-"

Richtofen: "When are we?"

Tank: "No! Where is my vodka?"

Richtofen: "Yes, of course! The DG-2 must have overloaded the teleporter, ripping space-time, backtracing us to the future! How wunderbar!"

Nikolai: "There's my vodka! Thank you, Takeo."

Tank: "Aw, c'mon Tak, suck it up and walk it off."

So yeah, with the apparent confusion following The Giant, could it's placement be any more confusing? 

• Like 1

Rissole25    378

The reason why it's thought as Kino, is because of the loading screen. We're shown each map from WaW, than them teleporting. The multiple numbers show they are time travelling, and of course, we spawn in with the teleporter sound and electricity. So while it's not out rightly stated, it's just putting the pieces together.

Honestly, I think the reason they just put it in Shi No Numa is just because the other WaW maps had other stuff added (except Der Riese I think), so they just put it in there so they can say they added something to it. Could also be that was the O4's first map and the first time the Wunderwaffe appeared.

• Like 1

The only reason I can see that the Original 4 would go there is the giant 115 meteor outside the map near the storage hut. 

Awards

It was an area pertinent to Group 935 that Rictofen would be familiar with but not the O3, and there is the Doctor's Quarters area of the map. My best guess is that he just went there to grab something for his MPD takeover and it went unexplained as to what he needed from SNN.

• Like 1

legless    0

i too have wondered about the timeline placement of SNN.

i read something once that the WAW maps were symbolizing the O4..

SNN- takeo

verruct- dempsey

der rise- ritchofen

and by default, natch- nikolai.

i doubt it though lol

PINNAZ    476

I think that Richtofen went to SNN to collect the DG-2 & the Ray Gun. 

Dont know why the DG-2 was first introduced in SNN & not Der Riese? But the Ray Gun was Japanese (as found in the campaign)

The Doctors quarters (and other things) suggest that Richtofen had been based there previously & he went back to SNN to collect these items so that he could access the MPD (as @Rissole25 suggested)

as as for why that radio was put into Black Ops' SNN, no idea. I've always thought it was strange that it is almost identical to the Skits in Call of the Dead. 

Maybe the Call of the Dead skit is just a reference to the SNN radio?

http://youtu.be/azz15ov6Ngo

http://youtu.be/j7lExPk9EM8

Dont know why the DG-2 was first introduced in SNN & not Der Riese? But the Ray Gun was Japanese (as found in the campaign)

I thought the Raygun was something they reversed engineered from technology they found from Die Glock?

NaBrZHunter    488

I thought the Raygun was something they reversed engineered from technology they found from Die Glock?

Naw, that would have been the zap and wave guns. The ray gun was built by Maxis from a Japanese design.

Rissole25    378

Also, to further that the radio is for Kino, the Kino trailer they released starts with Tank saying "Where are we", than Richtofen saying "When are we", which I think they just directly pulled from the Shi No Numa radio.

Castun50    16
On 10/14/2015, 7:29:07, NaBrZHunter said:

Dempsey: "We're here. This is the place."

Nikolai: "Finally! I was getting tired of Takeo's rambling."

Dempsey: "Shut up Nikolai, and get your gear."

I know we've talked endlessly about this, but over the last couple days I've been working on a Shi No Numa based video and  am curious as to what our take is on where it is in the timeline at this point and why the O4 went there in the first place. 

And of course, this new radio appeared in SNN Black Ops, believed to be at Kino Der Toten, but I'm not sure from where that conclusion was drawn. 

Tank: "Where are we?"

Nikolai: "A better question is-"

Richtofen: "When are we?"

Tank: "No! Where is my vodka?"

Richtofen: "Yes, of course! The DG-2 must have overloaded the teleporter, ripping space-time, backtracing us to the future! How wunderbar!"

Nikolai: "There's my vodka! Thank you, Takeo."

Tank: "Aw, c'mon Tak, suck it up and walk it off."

So yeah, with the apparent confusion following The Giant, could it's placement be any more confusing? 

I just want to point out, lets look at the way things are said. I have not heard nik talk about vodka, have not heard rich talk like that to the O4 yet, and they all do not get along  like this. rich just started talking about going nuts from 115

Awards