War of the Living Dead [ Script/Story] Part 1?

The following is just a small write up of a story I'm writing. It is Scene 1. I am writing it as if I were writing a script for a film. 

War

of

the

Living

Dead

By: Black Hand Smith

Fade in

EXT 1: A close up view of a brown texture as it zooms out revealing a leaf.: A cloudy day

A dead leaf on a tree moves in the wind. Each time it moves it gets closer and closer to falling until finally it drops from the tree and begins to ride the wind. As we follow the leaf we see a huge city. Cars lay abandoned and not a single soul around. There is nothing left. Then the leaf hits the ground and stays there.

EXT 2: A shot of office buildings and shops

We are shown the inside of offices. The windows are broken allowing us to see a bunch of papers scattered around the floor. Memos and contracts, computers things that mattered before. Above everything SIlence. Coffee shops lay abandoned as rats move around the building. A roach sits on top of a dusty plate as it moves it;s antenna around.

EXT 3: Back to the Leaf

We focus again on the leaf which is about to be picked up again by the wind. A foot comes crashing down on top of it. The foot lingers a bit as it’s owner begins to wander around.

EXT 4: Following the legs of this unknown person

We follow the legs of this unknown person as he slowly walks forward. He is the only life around. Eventually the man stops and stands still for a few moments until a gunshot breaks the deadly silence and the man falls dead. We do not see the man’s face or what he looks like. We only see the now lifeless legs of this post apocalyptic pedestrian as the Title fades into the frame

WAR OF THE LIVING DEAD

EXT: 5  The Marketplace establishing shot

People are busy in the shops as children play on the streets. Some of them are selling fruits and vegetables while others focus on selling their clothes. A few women hide in the shadows offering themselves for money as a middle age man takes up their offer and goes inside one of the apartments. Among these odd shops there is a bar set up on a booth.

EXT 6: The Bar

A man (Named Patrick) is having a drink at the bar while a television plays a recording of an old football game. The bartender (Named Alonso) watches with great enthusiasm as he serves a glass to his only customer. Patrick is a young blonde man with spiky hair and sideburns. He wears an old grey leather jacket and khaki pants. Alonso is a big beefy man with a beard and short brown hair and big arms. He is wearing a white shirt covered in stains and green flannel shirt over it with black pants.

Patrick:

Why do you watch that. You’ve seen it hundreds of times already, you already know who’s going to win.

Alonso: “

Well, I’ll watch it a hundred more times then. “

“It’s not like any new games are going to be broadcast soon that’s for sure”

Patrick

“You ever wonder if any of those rich athletes are still alive out there somewhere? Maybe hiding in their million dollar mansions?”

Alonso

If you ask me I think they’re all dead and walking around out there.

Fame can get you Money and power but when the world goes to shit, you’re just as fucked as the rest of us.

Patrick

Amen, to that.

Alonso begins wiping down some of the glasses before hanging them when he is interrupted by a noise.

EXT 7: View of the marketplace

The marketplace suddenly stops all activity as we hear a man screaming in the distance. Alonso and Patrick look up to see what the commotion is. Everyone stands in fear as time seems to stop waiting for something to break the silence. Another scream as a small figure appears in the distance. An african american man in his late 60’s who seems to have gone Wild.

Wild Man

“ THEY’RE COMING FOR ME!! INSIDE THE CAGE! INSIDE THE CAGE LIKE ANIMALS! BARBARIANS! MURDERERS! KILL THE KINGS YOU IMBECILES!”

EXT 8: A Jeep riding towards the commotion

2 Military soldiers arrive in an old jeep carrying automatic rifles. However they only bring pistols with them.

Military Soldier

There he is. All Civilians stay away from the scene!

The second military soldier steps out. He’s around mid thirties and well trained. His name is Major Reyes. Jonathan Reyes.

Mjr. Reyes

Come on out Willis….don’t make this harder than it needs to be.

EXT 9: Back at the bar

Patrick

Oh shit man, that’s Willis….. damn what happened to him he looks crazed.

Alonso

I don’t know, this looks bad.

EXT 10 Back to the confrontation as civilians stare from behind safe locations

Mjr. Reyes

Come along now Willis. You know what will happen if you hide. I trust you understand what we mean.

Willis turns around and runs wildly at the military with his hands raised above his head

Willis

KILL THE KINGS! KILL THE KINGS! KILL THE-

The spectacle ends abruptly with a bullet to the head before he reaches the 2 men and his body drops to the ground lifeless and limp

EXT 11 The crowd of civilians.

The civilians begin to protest the way the soldiers gunned down someone they have known for a long time now.

Woman

You Murderers!

Woman2

You Pigs!

EXT 11: Back to the soldiers at the jeep

Mjr Reyes begins to rummage through the back of the jeep tossing aside jackets, and papers until he finds what he is looking for.

He picks up a Megaphone and begins to speak

Mjr Reyes

Willis was found outside the city limits wandering around. Apparently he snuck out without us knowing. Evidence points that he has been doing this for some time now. The point is….. Willis was bit during his most recent “exploration” past the city limit.

EXT 12 The crowd of onlookers again

The second soldier covers Willis’s body with a sheet.

The onlookers begin to whisper to themselves but some still protest.

Man:

COME ON! HE WAS UNARMED! YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST TRIED TO CALM HIM DOWN! HOW WOULD YOU REACT IF YOU GOT BIT?

Teen

YEAH! I THINK THE DEAD HAVE MADE YOU TRIGGER HAPPY!

EXT 13: Close up on Mjr Reyes

Mjr: Reyes

We tried to calm him down and follow the usual procedure. You know what it means when someone gets bit. We gave him every opportunity to come quietly so that arrangements could be made. We’ve all lost friends and family and we cannot allow the dead into the city at any cost. Now please…. go back to doing whatever it was you were doing and remember that what we do is done for the survival of our city.

Mjr Reyes signals to his fellow soldier as they carry Willis’s body onto the back of the truck. They then drive away as some civilians throw empty cans at them.

EXT 14: The Bar now Sunset

Patrick

Damn…...  You would think we would still treat people as human beings. Isn’t there dignity in death anymore.

Alonso:

Dignity in death Patrick? There hasn’t been any dignity in death since the dead got up and started walking.

A man sits down on the other side of the bar

Alonso

Hello there! What will it be?

End Scene

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic