New Activity Stream Coming Soon

• Tech Admin

A new update to the site is due out in the next few weeks, this is a feature release rather than a "bug" release. Unfortunately, we still have no information relating to User of The Month of Medals but we are working hard to ensure these return soon.

This is a new software / feature released 4.1.0 and brings in some pretty hefty changes, some you'll like, some you may not (at first). Fear not though, I have been using the beta version of it for a few weeks and just put it live on our test site.

So without further ado, what is changing?

New menu

We haven't discussed this as a team yet, whether to go with a double menu (now standard) or a single menu or if we keep this at the top of the site or bring it back to the default location - however it has changed.

a17f4ecb1a4b5342a2e63dc41319248e.png

View New Content is no more, now replaced with Activity Stream.

The view new content page that everyone is accustomed too, is no longer available in 4.1.0 and has been replaced by Activity Stream. Activityt Stream is pretty powerful and will allow you to create custom stream, it will also allow us to generate a "View New Content" stream similar to how it was before.

However, you'll also be able to reply status updates from within the activity stream.

https://i.gyazo.com/6d989f312abcec9f84ea2bb410047e54.png

1b201fe5ed107d80e9b2cbba4321a110.png

New Editor features 

You will like the new editor, it works so much better on mobile devices and we can enabled enter for next line instead of paragraph (I'm sure you are all used to the way it works now though?

Anyway, more info shortly ;)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hells Warrrior "new content" is a beloved feature, I understand that things must change - but why can't we just keep the "new content" button as well as the activity stream?  I personally don't have the time in the day to browse every forum, and I only think the most dedicated of users will actually go into their preferences and tick all the features.  This could be a huge blow to easily accessing up to date content.

Kind of annoyed with taking away features that we become accustomed to... I know it's not you, but I don't understand why the folks who created this build can't just let shit be on top of improving.

Edited by GRILL
  • Tech Admin

We can, it will work exactly like view new content, just styled differently - you can customise the activity stream however you want to do it, but the default will have the VNC but if a new style. It is better, it's really quite a neat system, it will take a bit of getting used too granted but the feedback from site admins and others that have tested it have been saying "why haven't we had this before".