Your thoughts on why black ops3 checks black ops 2 e.e's

They say black ops3 will check old Easter egg progress. I went back to black ops 2 and finished all richtofens but end game(if anyone on ps3 needs a person who's done all to push the button message me)but what are your ideas or guesses to what u get for having them all completed?maybe it's a visual change like gear or cammo?maybe a gumball? Any thoughts?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a rumor, no doubt something you've heard from Driftor, who in turn, heard it from another unreliable sourse. Think about it, how can we know a game checks old files if we don't even have the game yet? Furthermore, consider this: 

Black ops 2's main easter egg completion (which required tranzit, die rise, and buried's easter eggs to be completed) did NOT give you a trophie or anything else. It let you use a special reward in buried ONCE. How is a game supposed to read that? 

FURTHERMORE, black ops 3 is meant to be played on NEXT GEN consoles so it can't read your saves. 

However the most ridiculous part of this, is that do you really thing treyarch would expect you to buy an OLD CONSOLE, a 3 year old game, and 30$ worth of DLC? That's like 230 bucks! For what? Nothing worth it I can assure you.

No the only reason the EEs were in their is because they used BO2 as the base game and obviously carried over the EEs along with the map content and other stuff.

No the only reason the EEs were in their is because they used BO2 as the base game and obviously carried over the EEs along with the map content and other stuff.

Didn't even occur to me that since they used so much of the same code from BO2 that this may be one of the reasons why it's in there. In fact that seems like a glaringly obvious reason as to why it's there.

I believe the file names for the Black Ops 2 Zombies maps were also in the Black Ops 3 beta files.

Yup thats what I meant by map content. No Die Rise though, goes to show it doesn't have anything unique that is worth using in another map.

It happens a lot with sequels of any game. You tend to find code relating to stuff from the old game, but that's because it was just bought over in the beginning and not discarded.

But yeah I don't think it's even possible for it to check last-gen for stuff. Dragon Age 2 you could import your save data from Dragon Age: Origins. But for Dragon Age: Inquistion, since it was on the next gen, you had to go to a website and select all your decisions for those two games, or just not even at all.

If somehow, they are checking previous easter eggs, than it would be a purely cosmetic feature as a reward.