• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead Ops Arcade was great... There is literally no reason to hate it

A fun bonus mode

Doesn't ruin the story

Small and doesn't take up much space on the disc

The time they wasted on that, could've been put towards a third proper map on release. I wouldnt mind it if we could play it first person as well, which apparently was planned from the PC BO1 files. It is the least played map on BO1, at least non DLC anyway. I always got confused which character i was controlling and ended up dying all the time and this just made it not fun at all.

I'd actually prefer DOA2 as opposed to a 3rd map. Adds more variety. 

@Lenne our new rule of thumb is that if its on CharlieIntel or MP1st (Activision sanctioned sites) - then it's not a leak. Those sites are in direct correlation from Activison, and would not post something detrimental to the relationship.  So if you are ever in question, checkout CharlieIntel and see if they have an article detailing it.

Achievements come out early every year, this is nothing new.

DOA is a great time killer. It's a perfect game for if you only have a limited time and can't do high rounds. Plus it pleases the oldies (like me) who grew up playing top down shooters like Smash TV.

edit:

And our leak policy is not zero tolerance. The staff completely understands that companies use leaks and drip tactics for marketing, we are well aware it's a changed landscape and we are pro discussion.

Well good :D because it IS on charlie Intel!

@Lenne our new rule of thumb is that if its on CharlieIntel or MP1st (Activision sanctioned sites) - then it's not a leak. Those sites are in direct correlation from Activison, and would not post something detrimental to the relationship.  So if you are ever in question, checkout CharlieIntel and see if they have an article detailing it.

Achievements come out early every year, this is nothing new.

DOA is a great time killer. It's a perfect game for if you only have a limited time and can't do high rounds. Plus it pleases the oldies (like me) who grew up playing top down shooters like Smash TV.

edit:

And our leak policy is not zero tolerance. The staff completely understands that companies use leaks and drip tactics for marketing, we are well aware it's a changed landscape and we are pro discussion.

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't aware of those recent tweaks to the leak policy.  I know we were extremely anti-leak in the past

Dead Ops Arcade was great... There is literally no reason to hate it

A fun bonus mode

Doesn't ruin the story

Small and doesn't take up much space on the disc

The time they wasted on that, could've been put towards a third proper map on release. I wouldnt mind it if we could play it first person as well, which apparently was planned from the PC BO1 files. It is the least played map on BO1, at least non DLC anyway. I always got confused which character i was controlling and ended up dying all the time and this just made it not fun at all.

I'd actually prefer DOA2 as opposed to a 3rd map. Adds more variety. 

I disagree with that.  i don't have a problem with DOA2, but for those expecting Call of Duty Zombies, most wouldn't consider DOA to be that

Well see, it is more to classic zombies then normal zombies. Or at least to me, because as far as I'm concerned, BO1 and WAW are classic zombies to me. Thus, BO1's DOA is a great feel in a game that really gives you something else to have fun with. I'd take that over another map any day. 

Maybe it'll be a repeat of BO1, on release, we have an okayish map the giant (like Kino) and a great map SoE (like FIVE), and of course the imo pointless DOA, but the upside to that is that all DLC maps will be great.

Lots of information here. DOA 2 was very unexpected, at least for me. I never really liked it too much, but I can only say "Yes" to more Zombies content.  Still hoping out for some survival maps, that we don't know about because no achievements are obtainable in it. But if they do I hope that they aren't just cut-up sections of the main maps, like TranZit. Spoilers for some trophies below.

It's very interesting that the Cosmic Silverback will be returning. From the Shadows sounds like a really interesting trophy too. I'm assuming this means at different points throughout playing, the Shadow Man will be watching from afar, outside the map. Adds to the creepiness of him. That would be awesome if we had that in previous maps with Samantha. :P A new Campaign difficulty mode too. I didn't expect much when they said they created a whole new AI-System, but I might have to try this out, just to see how the AI react to the way I play the game.

Edited by Spiderx3000

An achievement mentions SoE having multiple 'Districts' which i believe are different areas of the map, I would like to see parts of the map broken up into Survival and Grief maps, but like how Cell Block was made, they actually customized it unlike the poor cut-up sections from tranzit being no different at all. Cell Block has PHD and Mule Kick but no Jugg unlike MOTD, I would still like to see a reason to play these parts of the maps in other modes. Plus tbh, if SoE has a tedious setup like Origins, I'd prefer just jumping in an area of the map and surviving like The Giant will be.

Calling @RZArazorSHARP20, he was the king of Dead Ops Arcade on the forum back in the day, hopefully this news has him return and master DOA 2.

Also, anyone wonder if they might change the name of some things? Didn't they change Avocado Avogadro to "Him" after the BO2 Achievements came out early?

These are the final achievements, the avogadro had that name in the achievements that leaked mid development 

Maybe some of these achievements actually are referring to other game modes and we just don't know because they don't say. To be fair in BO2 they clearly stated if the trophy was for another game mode so this is likely not the case. One can hope though. Also, I can't recall but were there trophies for FIVE in BO? I'm just desperate for more than one regular map on disk, but at least having a sequel to Dead Ops will certainly alleviate that if there is no other map.

Also regarding the quality of DLC maps, I personally believe that all 3 games with zombies so far, their DLC maps have all been better than the maps provided on disk. Not everyone may believe that and I'm certainly not saying they should, but it seems like whatever the core experience is on disk Treyarch improves upon it in the subsequent maps in response to feedback and what not. W@W with perks and PaP and generally basics. BO1 refining the EE's and additional perks. BO2 with buildables and well, just generally being better than Tranzit.

I have hope that more effort is being put into The giant than anything was in Nuketown mainly because Jason Blundell is now in charge of zombies. Every map in BO2 that was made from Jimmy Z being the creative lead kinda sucked, Transhit, Nuketown, Die Rise, so after this, he was pushed aside and JB came in and took charge of MOTD and he showed how a good map is made, they gave JZ another chance and he came up with Buried which while was better than his previous maps in the game, it was no MOTD, and thus he was pushed aside again, JB took charge of Origins, and that arguably surpassed all other BO2 maps, he listened to the fans, gave us back the old crew with a twist, there was a WW of sorts for each player. And I think after MOTD/Origins winning the best BO2 map awards, JZ was pushed aside completely. And now JB is in charge of SoE which will be awesome, with The Giant aswell, i think that will be just as good aswell, better than Trashtown for sure.

Well see, it is more to classic zombies then normal zombies. Or at least to me, because as far as I'm concerned, BO1 and WAW are classic zombies to me. Thus, BO1's DOA is a great feel in a game that really gives you something else to have fun with. I'd take that over another map any day. 

There's no way that anything other than FIrst Person zombies can be called "classic"   Most people if you asked them if they wanted to play some cod zombies, and then you started up DOA they'd be pissed lol

By the way, we don't need to put anything in spoilers in regards to discussion about the achievements. If you didn't want to see discussion/spoilers about it, then don't click into the thread that says quite clearly that the achievements have been revealed.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up.

There were trophies for five in BO1 (killing pentagon theif before he could rob you was one of them). However, nuketown in BO2 did not have acheivements. I suspect something similar for the giant. 

But The Giant is a DLC map, while FIVE was on disk.

Exactly.... Nuketown was a DLC map, which is why there likely won't be an acheivement.... 

WAIT! HOLD UP! IS THERE NOT GOING TO BE AN EASTER EGG IN THE GIANT?!?

There were trophies for five in BO1 (killing pentagon theif before he could rob you was one of them). However, nuketown in BO2 did not have acheivements. I suspect something similar for the giant. 

But The Giant is a DLC map, while FIVE was on disk.

Exactly.... Nuketown was a DLC map, which is why there likely won't be an acheivement.... 

WAIT! HOLD UP! IS THERE NOT GOING TO BE AN EASTER EGG IN THE GIANT?!?

There is going to be one though? Thats just assuming way too fast. The Flytrap will definitely be on it and I am pretty sure it will be extended so that they can have an EE ending.