Zombies' Unsolved Questions and Mysteries

BlindBusDrivr

Hello CoDz!

I know it's been a while,  but with the third installation of Black Ops on the way I have decided to return to CoDz.

So now that Black Ops III is on the way, it looks like the zombies storyline we all know and love (and at time get frustrated and confused attempting to put together) will be continuing.  To prepare for this, I am making this topic to discuss any matters pertaining to the storyline which remain unsolved so that we as a community 1) Will know what questions to look to answer in Black Ops III Zombies, 2) Tie up as many loose ends as possible so that we have a good base of knowledge to go off of, because it looks like there will be a LOT added to the story in this game.

Now I am aware that I have been 'out of the loop' with zombies for a while now so if any of my knowledge or information is outdated feel free to correct me :)

To get the ball rolling, I will give some of my own ideas, and I'm going to start off with one of the things that we have been struggling to explain since black ops 1: The Pentagon Thief

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120122084439/callofduty/images/f/ff/Thief_closeup_in_%22Five%22.png

We have been struggling to identify the Pentagon Thief on Five for a long time, and he still remains one of the unsolved mysteries of zombies.  Some have speculated that he is just a game mechanic without a real significance, but I think that there's too much going on with him to be glanced over.  

The Pentagon Thief and Five also tie in with my next "unsolved" mystery, and that is the one regarding Five and Ascension.  On Five, there is little question that it is hinting quite blatantly that the US govt. discovered Kino Der Toten, as numerous artifacts from Kino can be seen in the basement on Five.  The teleport base, the blue barrels, the Ray Gun, The electric traps, The chalkboard, the diagram of the zombies and brain x-rays in the autopsy room, the Pack-a-Punch, there's even Richthofen's portrait and the blank portrait on the wall of the President's secret room.  (I apologize I don't have pics at the moment but will soon add some pictures and/or a video about this)  At the same time, we hear the red phone ring while playing on Ascension, and upon integration you hear Kennedy saying "Needs some beans for the chowder here!", implying that Ascension and Five are taking place at the same time.  So since it is heavily accepted that Ascension is canon with the storyline, Five must also be.  

There's only one problem:

IMG_0128.jpg.html?t=1290965114

Kino Der Toten takes place some time in the mid-late 60s.  The Berlin Wall and Berlin TV tower can be seen outside of Kino Der Toten, and the tower is under construction, meaning it must take place sometimes between 1965 and 1969 (when the tower was started and completed) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsehturm_Berlin

But Kennedy was assassinated Nov 22, 1963.  So how is it that the US discovered Kino Der Toten in the early 60s, but when we play on it as the O4, it is the mid to late 60s and everything is still as it was abandoned in WW II?  This is the Five/Ascension-Kino Paradox.

This is all very old info (black ops 1 era), but we still lack an explanation for it.

This also leads into another question, how do we get from Kino to Ascension? Is Ascension actually Canon with the storyline?  There was some old discussion of this, but nobody could ever find a reasonable explanation for the inconsistencies.  

Like why is Richtofen wearing a space suit on Ascension?

Edwardrichtofen2.jpg

And how do they go from the theatre in Berlin, to riding a Lunar Lander at a Soviet Cosmodrome, 2+ years back in time?

All very old questions which still have not managed to find good answers too.

And Lastly, just a couple of things I have noted from Black Ops II Zombies:

Why is it that almost all of the Zombies on TranZit are dressed as lunatic asylum inmates?

1351125333_8848_Bus_stop_6missed.jpg?ito

And what is the story behind the town in Buried?  We have an old western town which has materialized in an African diamond mine, and there is some sort of story regarding the town, but not really much if any objective evidence (like radios) to understand it's significance.  

Those are just some ideas of unanswered questions about the story, and hopefully we will be able to discuss these and come up with more of them as Black Ops III will be here very soon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing says that Americans found Kino Der Toten despite that the theater is on their side of Berlin (and they have the Thunder Gun). By cons, they went to Der Riese and Verrückt.

The match began on Ascension in Lunar Lander and the color disappears, but it is perhaps a gameplay element. The failed teleporter of Kino Der Toten may have sent the O4 over there.

Richtofen will go on the moon therefore he changed his clothes... But he again changed in Shangri-La... And he has an astronaut suit on all maps in Black Ops phone version. Apparently, it's for censor his Nazi emblem(like The Giant) and he has again his old clothes in Shangri-La because it's Raven Software who created this map.

Recently, I saw a message here about the date of Ascension : http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/index.php?/topic/179810-what-evidence-is-there-to-support-tranzit-being-in-the-1960s-andor-2025

There are also several versions to the story of Buried, she has always been there, she made a time travel due to the Rift or she has been moved by the movement of tectonics plates. If I'm not mistaken, according MysteryMachineX, Michael Faraday has installed the current and the ghost would be his wife. H.Porter and Maxis would have visited this town.

Nothing says that Americans found Kino Der Toten despite that the theater is on their side of Berlin (and they have the Thunder Gun). By cons, they went to Der Riese and Verrückt.

The match began on Ascension in Lunar Lander and the color disappears, but it is perhaps a gameplay element. The failed teleporter of Kino Der Toten may have sent the O4 over there.

Richtofen will go on the moon therefore he changed his clothes... But he again changed in Shangri-La... And he has an astronaut suit on all maps in Black Ops phone version. Apparently, it's for censor his Nazi emblem(like The Giant) and he has again his old clothes in Shangri-La because it's Raven Software who created this map.

Recently, I saw a message here about the date of Ascension : http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/index.php?/topic/179810-what-evidence-is-there-to-support-tranzit-being-in-the-1960s-andor-2025

There are also several versions to the story of Buried, she has always been there, she made a time travel due to the Rift or she has been moved by the movement of tectonics plates. If I'm not mistaken, according MysteryMachineX, Michael Faraday has installed the current and the ghost would be his wife. H.Porter and Maxis would have visited this town.

The amount of stuff that is on Kino also being on Five seems to be hinting that either

A) The Americans found Kino

or

B) Treyarch decided to give us a bonus map the easy way, and Five is just a copy & pasted mashup of elements from Kino and the Campaign, and they aren't relevant to the story.  

Only thing that keeps me from believing B is the fact they included things that were only found in Kino, like the blue barrels and the Nova Crawlers, but they didn't have any real need to put those in there.  There's also the pictures of Richthofen and the blank portrait in the Pack a Punch room, which is the only thing that changes in there between the zombies map and the campaign level.  

I will look into that thread on Ascension's date.  If what you say is true about Raven Software making Shangri La that actually would make sense, because Kino was already done for WaW but was cancelled, then Shangri La would be the only other map where Richtofen doesn't have a suit and it was done by another developer, so of the Three DLC maps Treyarch made Richtofen has the suit on Ascension and Moon, and presumably on Call of the Dead, though we cannot see him of course.

As for Buried I know about the Michael Faraday portraits in the house and the ghost is assumed to be his wife, but I'm not sure about this speculation that Maxis and Porter have visited the town before.   But then again there isn't much evidence to go off of at all.

Lots to comment on here, but this is a quick one. 

Shangri-la is definetly made by Ravensoft. But this will mix up what you said about Richtofens spacesuit.

The Kino Nova barrels & the Ascension Luna lander are both also found in Shangri-la. 

Good thread & good questions @BlindBusDrivr

Nice to see you posting again 

• Administrators

Shangri-la is definetly made by Ravensoft. But this will mix up what you said about Richtofens spacesuit.

The Kino Nova barrels & the Ascension Luna lander are both also found in Shangri-la. 

I was actually not aware of this. Where are they? 

Thanks @PINNAZ , it's good to be back 

And my bad about the barrels also being on Shangri La, I guess it's just the portraits that are exclusive to Kino and Five then. All the other stuff is still the same as we see on Kino though, but it's just that now we have seen them appear ther places. 

The Ascension Lunar  Lander on the map is another thing we only have speculation about, best thing I can think of is that they are just from Ascension rockets that missed their re-entry path and crash landed at Shangri La.  Perhaps the significance was just the developers way of giving us a time frame for the map (post-1963) ?

Another thing is the rockets that you can see launch behind the temple in the distance:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_ipo-fKb8

It's a shame that my old account was banned and I lost Ascension,Call of the Dead, and Shangri La, so I haven't been able to explore the maps personally and I've been going off my memory of them from 2+ years ago :P