Sword?

Cap1945

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Origins trailer, Takeo had a sword and Nikolai had an axe - neither made it into the map.

In the CotD trailer, Trejo had dual wield machetes, England had a pitchfork, Rooker had dual sawed off shotguns - none of this made it into the map.

It's not impossible, but we've seen it before and it's always just been for cinematic purposes.

I would like to use a sword (or any kind of large melee weapon) to carve some zombs up though, complete with PaP upgrades and everything.  We've had staffs and special melee's in the past, it's certainly not unheard of.

Edited by GRILL

I used to have a theory that the O4 had unique melee weapons in Origins and I still kind of hope that was the plan but it got taken out. Takeo has his sword, Nikolai has the axe, Dempsey that combat knife and Richtofen has his saw.

Honestly I would just like a little more variety when it comes to melee weapons. We've had the bowie knife for forever now, the sickle was cool and I don't know why we didn't see more variations like that. If we can't have multiple melee weapons in every map, at least have whatever the special melee weapon is pertain to what the map is or where it's at. It's not a big difference but it would be a nice extra little detail added. Maybe bowie knife/galvaknuckle variations can be unlocked through the new ranking system?

I felt Mob of the Dead and Origins, really good maps, lacked the melee weapon variation in turn of unlocking stupid melee weapons that weren't worth it by the time you got it, except the spork maybe. But I would like a lot of variations. We know in SoE we are getting brass knuckles as Ron Pearlman confirmed, so maybe theres the sickle and bowie knife? I really loved the Siclke.

I felt Mob of the Dead and Origins, really good maps, lacked the melee weapon variation in turn of unlocking stupid melee weapons that weren't worth it by the time you got it, except the spork maybe. But I would like a lot of variations. We know in SoE we are getting brass knuckles as Ron Pearlman confirmed, so maybe theres the sickle and bowie knife? I really loved the Siclke.

Are we really getting Brass knuckles though? I thought he just mentioned them, since we see his character use them in the SoE cutscene part of the trailer.

In the Origins trailer, Takeo had a sword and Nikolai had an axe - neither made it into the map.

And let's not forget about the Olympia. :( I would've much preferred that in the map, instead of the Ballista.

Edited by Spiderx3000

I forgot about the spork and 1 inch punch, or the falcon PAWNCH as I liked to call it, why can't we get more of that? Or the Hell's Retriever/Redeemer? I loved how they incorporated the tomahawk into zombies. I went out of my way to get it an upgrade it every match, I would go whole rounds using just that. I don't remember if the same people who made MotD made Origins too but if they did, they were definitely on to something.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

Yes it makes so much sense to retexture galvaknuckles as brass knuckles. Also why talk about something that isnt gameplay after talking about gameplay for everything else?

Because it's a weapon that relates directly to his character. But yeah you're right, they could end up easily just re-skinning the Galvas. 

I forgot about the spork and 1 inch punch, or the falcon PAWNCH as I liked the to call it, why can't we get more of that? Or the Hell's Retriever/Redeemer? I loved how they incorporated the tomahawk into zombies. I went out of my way to get iy an upgrade it every match, I would go whole rounds using just that. I don't remember if the same people who made MotD made Origins too but if they did, they were definitely on to something.

I agree, I also loved the Golden Spork and the Retriever. From the trailer for SoE though, it looks like the swords will be able to be thrown, much like the Hell's Retriever/Redeemer. And yes, it was the campaign team that made both Origins and MotD.

I don't get why they never put the tomahawk into either of the two maps after MotD. If it was to just have something in MotD that was unique apart from the wonder weapon then I can appreciate that and won't begrudge them for that (not fixing the stupid glitch preventing me from playing it on PS3 I will however). But it was so fun to use. Even just for Origins as well, especially after seeing that throwing axe in the intro cutscene. Maybe that's just me being biased but still, they reworked the Mark II into all the other maps and given that the Retriever appeared to be received rather well it was just kind of surprising is all. Especially after all the begging for the tomahawk to be put into zombies somehow leading up to that.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys