Sign in to follow this  
cairnschaos

Five remake?

cairnschaos    1

I havent seen anything about this, but here me out. look at the guy on the "Only the cursed survive." poster. then look at the five zombies. in my opinion, the 2 are very similar. could the SoE group have to visit the pentagon?

unmarked man.jpg

TimelordAlex    52

whatever this poster represents, it has nothing to do with SoE imo, that group will stay exclusive to that map. I doubt the poster relates to Five either, i think a new map set in the future is more likely. Though i would love Five to return.

It relates to Shadows of Evil. The symbol on the card is on the characters hands in map, they are the cursed. Whether the O4 will be as well, I don't know. I also think they posed one of the five zombies in a position and took a picture, then got an artist to draw around that picture and create this poster.

Shooter    83

To me it just looks like an artist rendering like a lot of the previous Zombies posters have been.

I doubt we're going back to Five, but you never know. 

• Like 1

Actually we do know, theres no more remakes on the agenda as of right now according to treyarch.

They said that when they announced the Giant, I think if it is successful they will do remakes more, I can still feel my Kino remake coming!

I remember a WHILE ago when I made a re-make of kino, it was set in hell, and you played as Ax7's lead singer, Sigman, Nova, and Maluka. The wonder weapon was a guitar that worked a bit like the thundergun. There was also a buildable drumset, mike, and speakers, that when constructed allowed one to crowd surf to the PAP room AKA the VIP lounge where there were 10 reserved seats for the N4, O4, and the Maxises. There would also be figures from previous maps like george A. Romero and the avagadro hanging out in the map, just chillin. 

I remember a WHILE ago when I made a re-make of kino, it was set in hell, and you played as Ax7's lead singer, Sigman, Nova, and Maluka. The wonder weapon was a guitar that worked a bit like the thundergun. There was also a buildable drumset, mike, and speakers, that when constructed allowed one to crowd surf to the PAP room AKA the VIP lounge where there were 10 reserved seats for the N4, O4, and the Maxises. There would also be figures from previous maps like george A. Romero and the avagadro hanging out in the map, just chillin. 

My jaw just dropped. Just please get in this car and go straight to Treyarch right now, they are obviously doing it wrong when an idea like that exists but has not been put into action.

I enjoyed FIVE, the characters were great and it was a challenging map though it could've been designed better. I would love to see Treyarch take another crack at it to see if they could improve upon it but I doubt it would be at the top of their priority list for any remakes they would do. I would hazard a guess that Nacht, Kino, Ascension and Moon would become remakes before FIVE would even be considered.

TimelordAlex    52

I enjoyed FIVE, the characters were great and it was a challenging map though it could've been designed better. I would love to see Treyarch take another crack at it to see if they could improve upon it but I doubt it would be at the top of their priority list for any remakes they would do. I would hazard a guess that Nacht, Kino, Ascension and Moon would become remakes before FIVE would even be considered.

which is a shame really, as FIVE and Shangri-La are not only my favourite maps, but some of the devs too, but ultimately most map re-makes are based on overall community popularity, hence why Nuketown is coming back and not for example Hotel. Of all zombie maps i wouldnt want Der Riese back, i'd actually like to see Paris, which was the original Moon before they quickly re-textured everything, i think that would've been a sweet map.

which is a shame really, as FIVE and Shangri-La are not only my favourite maps, but some of the devs too, but ultimately most map re-makes are based on overall community popularity, hence why Nuketown is coming back and not for example Hotel. Of all zombie maps i wouldnt want Der Riese back, i'd actually like to see Paris, which was the original Moon before they quickly re-textured everything, i think that would've been a sweet map.

Wouldn't that have been something? A remake of Moon but done in Paris instead, probably without the low gravity mechanics as well unless they worked in some underwater sections. Who knows, maybe we will get something like this as a bonus map further down the DLC line.

To be honest I wan't a bigger Paris that isn't just Moon, it deserves more than that. Underwater version of Moon makes sense as a remake though, Atlantis would be an awesome map that they could make using Moon's assets. By that I mean the gravity thing, not Leviathan I mean all ancient looking and stuff.

whatever this poster represents, it has nothing to do with SoE imo, that group will stay exclusive to that map. I doubt the poster relates to Five either, i think a new map set in the future is more likely. Though i would love Five to return.

According to Milo (@MrRoflWaffles) the poster is related to Shadows of Evil, despite not looking like it would and he is well versed in Black Ops 3 Zombies so guess there will be a lot more to that map than what we have percieved from the trailer.

TimelordAlex    52

According to Milo (@MrRoflWaffles) the poster is related to Shadows of Evil, despite not looking like it would and he is well versed in Black Ops 3 Zombies so guess there will be a lot more to that map than what we have percieved from the trailer.

The zombie in the poster though doesnt fit the theme of SoE though, we've seen zombies in that and they all look different. Either way dont crush my idea of a third map

I believe them to be connected only in the fact that the curse mark appears to play an important role in the upcoming BO3 zombies storyline, and thus would probably appear in more maps than just SoE. I'm guessing there's going to be yet another new crew that we'll mainly follow through most of the maps in this game who also all have a curse mark. And one of the main purposes of having this one time crew in SoE is to emphasize the point that in whatever state the world is in now many people are having this curse mark pop up on their hands, or wherever, and being compelled to do something or go into direct conflict with the Shadow Man and/or any other omnipotent entity in the new game. That's my 2 cents.

• Like 1

I believe them to be connected only in the fact that the curse mark appears to play an important role in the upcoming BO3 zombies storyline, and thus would probably appear in more maps than just SoE.

I said this same thing in response to those who said the symbol from the death card is also in SoE. I said maybe it's just a symbol that will appear across all maps and not just exclusive to SoE so yeah, we both could be right on that one. All Milo said was that the poster was linked to SoE. He did not say it was directly from that map.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had a theory that when we take up Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and whoever else in the Giant that they will go wherever and have that symbol on their hands is well and it will be linked to the overall story arc of BO3.

Yeah, I had a theory that when we take up Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and whoever else in the Giant that they will go wherever and have that symbol on their hands is well and it will be linked to the overall story arc of BO3.

I didn't really think about the O4 having the curse mark as well, I've always just considered them the OG crew (with some experiments here and there) that have just barreled their way through all the maps doing whatever Rictofen told them. It's entirely possible that they will have a curse mark in The Giant, or by the end of it, to tie into the larger ongoing story of BO3.