Sign in to follow this  
Tainted Opossum

Making the switch..

I want to know what other people are feeling with regards to the predicament I find myself in. I have preordered the jug edition for the PS4 based on the fact that it seemed like a good move with the early DLC drops and I had noticed my PS4 was going greatly unused and wanted to find an excuse to make it the primary console. In doing this, I am going to have to start fresh. I am essentially going to have to buy blops 2 + all the map packs all over again in order to have the eggs completed for the new game (I have all 4 systems, but this seems like too much of an investment in a dead product). 

With all that in mind, should I buy a second copy w the season pass of blops 3 for the xbone in order to complete the EE's through? I can't decide if it would be better to get a copy of blops 3 for the xbone w the season pass, or a copy of blops 2 w the map packs for the PS3 (repeat all EE's) and go from there?

I'm leaning more on the PS3 approach, but I'll know how I feel more once I've completed the EE's on the 360. 

Well, it had been nagging at my mind that I should get a PS4 so I could have all consoles and be able to play games with all my friends but I was planning on getting it next year, instead I am getting it this year since it makes sense more for other games, for other family wanting to use my xbox one more and for BO3. But I would rather still be using my xbox one because of all the new things that are being added due to them not paying for any exclusivity in games. I am glad I got my xbox one now because before I was regretting it since nothing was really keeping me playing it besides DLC exclusivity, now I have a lot of reasons to play Xbox, PS4 and PC so even though PS4 will be my primary, I am happy to also own the other consoles.

Also only buy a second copy with season pass if you have the money to spare, if not I don't think it would be worth it. The PS3 idea sounds a lot more viable though in my opinion.

DaveLo07    172

Is your predicament with the ee's purely aesthetic (to have them all completed in one place) or because you believe the progress from the bo2 ee's is going to have an impact on the bo3 ee's? If it is just to have all the achievements in one place I would say that either option is a lot of money to spend unnecessarily.

I was considering purchasing an Xbox one for November and also a ps4 before January so that when the dlc drops I can be involved in the ee hunt but having thought it through and putting cost to one side, it doesn't seem like a viable option. I want to be on Xbox to play with friends and if I play the maps a month early on ps4 then my desire to play them a month later on Xbox is going to be non existent and the Xbox one will be a wasted purchase. Also, if I was playing on the one I wouldn't really want to play with someone first play through who already knew the maps inside out.

I would say if you already have bo2 on 360 and have pre ordered bo3 for ps4, there is no need to purchase either game and all the dlc again.

Lenne    412

Yeah has there been any word about EE progress carrying over? I highly doubt that will happen.

Besides the PS3 version is pretty bad compared to the 360 version.

Not unplayable but definitely not worth another buy. 

NaBrZHunter    488

Yeah, I would advise getting a new BO3 and season pass for Xbone. 'Cause you're going to have to do the same thing, basically x2 and plus some to get BO2 and its season pass as well as BO and all its DLCs, with no season pass available. 

Spider3000    140

Yeah has there been any word about EE progress carrying over? I highly doubt that will happen.

There was some stuff mentioning it, found in the leaked Beta files.

Awards

I'm guessing the stuff spotted in the leaked files from the beta is purely cosmetic like the way the prestige stuff was in MW3, because if it truly required all previous EE's to be done, that would already prevent a huge population of players from actually completing the EE's in BO3 because I know a lot of people jumped from the Xbox 360 to the PS4. People also could've made new accounts on their consoles after they completed EE's or when they got a new console as well.

There is a chance there would be a bonus little EE for completing all the EE's on one account but if it didn't unlock anything necessary or wasn't required for completing the main EE then it's nothing that Youtube can suit your needs for I'm sure. No need to spend all that money unless you can honestly afford it.

Rissole25    378

Would it even be able to detect the data just from a trophy/achievement alone? There are games where things are altered based off choices made in a previous game (Bioware games), but that's because it reads it from the save data, which would be impossible even if you stayed with Microsoft or Sony consoles because it a different console.

TimelordAlex    52

I'm not switching to the PS4 just because of early COD DLC, Xbox is my home, for 360 and the One, as for this EE checking progress, i think its a sweet idea, but it shouldnt be anything too major as a lot of people wont gain the reward. Maybe if you have done all prior EEs under the same account, you get an additional in game reward for BO3 EEs

I appreciate everyone helping me to be level headed about this. After taking some time to consider, I'm just going to continue enjoying the 2nd installment and back on the 360 / PC and begin anew with the new installment on the PS4. I think I was overthinking things.

I can completely appreciate any and all system loyalties - I myself only came back to Sony once my income grew out of the "recent college grad" tax bracket - I have found my investment there to be minimally beneficial and as stated above - am making the switch for early DLC as well as the opportunity to breathe new life into what is becoming a paperweight system (not saying there aren't good games out, am simply stating what is occurring in my particular instance). 

I'm not getting a PS4. Damn the system, damn the early DLC. Bedsides, I'm not about to drop 300$ on a new console for one game. As I've stated before, I'll just start a group of people I trust to not peak ahead at the maps released. 

People these days need their money for their bills but luckily, I have a PS3 laying around the house that ive never even touched. 

I feel sorry for everyone who cant afford this drastic change.

I'd blame Sony since they were the ones who actually decided to get involved for once, not like the years before. 

Im getting the game solely on PS3 just for the DLC zombie stuff, you know $50 bucks and change, im ok with that.

Im also getting it for the XBOX 1 version and that is just for the multiplayer, and later some zombies. 

I think its worth it because i would be able to enjoy the yearly content first for the Playstation, and if your asking me if im willing to go threw this all year, being one of the firsts to get the content first would incline me to agree with you (if your willing to take make the change like me).  

People these days need their money for their bills but luckily, I have a PS3 laying around the house that ive never even touched. 

I'd blame Sony since they were the ones who actually decided to get involved for once, not like the years before. 

Im getting the game solely on PS3 just for the DLC zombie stuff, you know $50 bucks and change, im ok with that.

Im also getting it for the XBOX 1 version and that is just for the multiplayer, and later some zombies. 

I think its worth it because i would be able to enjoy the yearly content first for the Playstation, and if your asking me if im willing to go threw this all year, being one of the firsts to get the content first would incline me to agree with you (if your willing to take make the change like me).  

Its Xbox's fault actually since they didn't do exclusives this year, which as a result will make their console a lot better because of new features. It was a smart move for them to make.

Guess that PS3 isn't going to be doing much now is it 😏