NUK3TOWN PREORDER BONUS MAP

CNwLXvyUcAA3yqd.png
"This fan favorite map from Black Ops has returned in a big way for PS4, Xbox One and PC. It has been re-designed from the ground up to highlight Treyarch’s new momentum-based, chained-movement system, allowing players to battle in this adrenaline-charged new NUK3TOWN map. Set in the year 2065, players will experience a fresh take on this classic run-and-gun, close-quarters multiplayer map."

https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3/nuketown

Edited by RedDeadRiot
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUK3TOWN? Tak3n? Conspiracy or coincidence, you decide! Seriously though, they shouldv'e jsut renamed it Fallout or something. It's scary that SH were considering remaking it as well, imagine 4 Nuketowns! Technically we do have four actually with zombies so, wow it really must be fan favourite.

Nuketown Zombies was bad because it was just empty to be honest and had nothing appealing to it besides being a MP map remake, a gimmick essentially. The 2025 version was the same as the original so if you didn't like 2025, how did you like the original unless you mean aesthetically? (General question, I keep seeing a lot of people say it) This map seems to be a lot different from the original since its got all this wall running. Seems weird to be honest, maybe a map that was just linked to normal movement would benefit them because it gives players a break. Maybe they will add walls where there used to be open gaps or fences now to run on.

I hope they keep those small hidden paths in the RC-XD used.

I'm cool with this, but Nuk3town is lame. Just call it Nuketown 2065.

NUK3TOWN? Tak3n? Conspiracy or coincidence, you decide! Seriously though, they shouldv'e jsut renamed it Fallout or something. It's scary that SH were considering remaking it as well, imagine 4 Nuketowns! Technically we do have four actually with zombies so, wow it really must be fan favourite.

There's actually 5 if you count the one on Black Ops Declassified (Vita). It's called Nukehouse is basically the original Nuketown except the Green House is cut off. http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Nukehouse

I hope they keep those small hidden paths in the RC-XD used.

I'm cool with this, but Nuk3town is lame. Just call it Nuketown 2065.

There's actually 5 if you count the one on Black Ops Declassified (Vita). It's called Nukehouse is basically the original Nuketown except the Green House is cut off. http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Nukehouse

Well there you go. Five Nuketowns. Like seriously has this ever happened in a game before? A map is so loved that it has five different versions. Has this ever happened in a game before?

The term "fan favorite" is thrown around far too loosely nowadays by Call of Duty Developers. Although I definitely agree that the original BO1 Nuketown was a personal favorite of mines, I was not so big on Nuketown 2025 nor Nuketown Zombies.

They have had 3 years to make this game. Why are we getting any remakes or reimaginings? I can understand the Der Riese remake to tie in with the zombies storyline but come on... surely they could just make a newer, more imaginative close quarter map than could become the new Nuketown in the eyes of fans.

Yes I am still keen on seeing what they do with the new map and maybe it will surprise us but I won't lie when I say I am pretty disappointed to see them going down this route again and expect each DLC to feature more MP "fan favorites" getting the 'too lazy to be creative' reskin/reimagining. Ever since BO2 through to Ghosts and AW it's been remake after remake after remake. Either be creative and make brand new maps or just release all of these fan favorites on a separate DLC or stand alone product.

The term "fan favorite" is thrown around far too loosely nowadays by Call of Duty Developers. Although I definitely agree that the original BO1 Nuketown was a personal favorite of mines, I was not so big on Nuketown 2025 nor Nuketown Zombies.

They have had 3 years to make this game. Why are we getting any remakes or reimaginings? I can understand the Der Riese remake to tie in with the zombies storyline but come on... surely they could just make a newer, more imaginative close quarter map than could become the new Nuketown in the eyes of fans.

Yes I am still keen on seeing what they do with the new map and maybe it will surprise us but I won't lie when I say I am pretty disappointed to see them going down this route again and expect each DLC to feature more MP "fan favorites" getting the 'too lazy to be creative' reskin/reimagining. Ever since BO2 through to Ghosts and AW it's been remake after remake after remake. Either be creative and make brand new maps or just release all of these fan favorites on a separate DLC or stand alone product.

Thats a good point, we need a new map that will be remembered as well as Nuketown. The thing with that map was the idea, setting and gameplay but nothing like that has ever came together in a map again.

i actually thought Combine (from the beta) was a solid close quarters map. Nothing super imaginative about it, but I think it's designed pretty well. I feel good starting from either spawn, and usually am engaged in a gunfight within 10-15 seconds after spawning.

Edited by GRILL

Thats a good point, we need a new map that will be remembered as well as Nuketown. The thing with that map was the idea, setting and gameplay but nothing like that has ever came together in a map again.

They tried this once in Black Ops DLC (Drive-In), but it wasn't nearly as popular as Nuketown. It seems Treyarch prefer to ride on the success and appeal of older maps, which I don't really mind. Personally, I really enjoy Nuketown, but yeah, at the same time, more unique maps would be welcome to me as well.

i actually thought Combine (from the beta) was a solid close quarters map. Nothing super imaginative about it, but I think it's designed pretty well. I feel good starting from either spawn, and usually am engaged in a gunfight within 10-15 seconds after spawning.

It's funny you should say that because when I was playing with @CovertGunman on the beta during a match on Combine I said that the map reminded me of Nuketown. It had two buildings you spawn behind and within seconds you are in the center of the map or flanking the sides and engaged in combat. With a map like Combine there was no need for another Nuketown in my opinion. It would have replaced it in the communities eyes as the new small and hectic map to get some quick kills in.

Unfortunately it will now most likely be overshadowed by the Nuk3town map. I also am quite sure we will see more reimaginings adapted to fit the new in-game mechanics. One I would be happy to see though is the much rumored Moon MP remake. I think it would be amazing to play MP in Griffin Station. Hell, I would not be against the idea of several zombie maps becoming MP maps but originality would be my preferred choice though.

I've asked for a long time for low-grav physics to return. Why it was only used for griffin station I don't know. Imagine moving from room to room, using windows, excavators, and the issue of air alongside players shooting at you. What fun!

Maybe the same physics could work underwater as well?

A moon map in regular mp would probably set a completely new precedent for mp, because if they successfully made a good map with that then I would want maps like one being entirely underwater or one where it takes place in a construction site where you're mainly sticking to wall running and climbing with machinery moving all over the place. They could successfully implement dynamic maps in a way I think Sledgehammer tried and failed to really do in an exciting way. 

Ugh, I never saw the appeal with Hijacked it was too chaotic and there were too many camping spots or spots for snipers so you couldn't play properly. I hope they don't bring it back, I would only want Firing Range and Kowloon remakes and then I would be happy with all new maps.