TimelordAlex

Suggestion: Remove starting room wall weapons

TimelordAlex    52

For every zombie game, we've had two wall weapons in the starting room. In BO1/2 and even AW we've had the same M14 and Olympia. I do not see a point to these starting guns, i feel like they are there for the noobs to get and steal everyones kills and removing them might make them learn to use their pistol and knife more like most zombie players tend to use. At the very least some debris should be present before you have access to them. Anyway this is my thoughts on starting room weapons.

AlphaOmega    42

Using knife and pistol only in the starting room vs using more powerful weapons is the hubris of the veterans imo. I dont think people need to play a specific way in zombies. Maybe its cuz im not a conformist lol.

those weapons are very useful and it isnt just for noobs. Yes, kill stealing is annoying, but you live with it. I honestly dont have that problem myself. If someone steals my kill i dont freak out. On that note, i dont always help out when it comes to opening doors cuz i have no points.

i definitely think we should keep them. Not only is it tradition, but even I, who has been around for a long time, enjoy using starting room weapons over my pistol and knife because i have either run out of money, need something stronger, or want to just have fun.

• Like 1

Rissole25    378

To be fair, they weren't in the starting room for Moon (or inside the building in the Receiving Bay, you had to open up the next set of doors to reach them).

I'm okay with starting weapons, I just want them to be different guns this time. They can have the exact same stats as the M14 and Olympia but just make them different guns.

• Like 1

Starting room weapons have lots of reasons to be there and also they can be fun to upgrade on later rounds. There is no reason to remove them other than people stealing kills, which my response is to not play public match so much because it sucks anyways.

I say keep them in there because it allows players to have some choice in how they want to start a match. Yes the pistol and knife is the best option but in my opinion, player choice is everything. And one of the fundamentals of zombies is strategy, being that there are a lot of them for every map. Some work better than others for different people, so I wouldn't want to take that choice away, even if it only affected the first couple (and shortest) rounds.

TimelordAlex    52

Starting room weapons have lots of reasons to be there and also they can be fun to upgrade on later rounds. There is no reason to remove them other than people stealing kills, which my response is to not play public match so much because it sucks anyways.

How else do i play, im not a solo play and cant stand it, i always play online, and if im down for a serious game then i keep on searching till i find some decent players. Trying to arrange games with like the decent players of the community on here for example just never works.

Spider3000    140

There are always gonna be those people who steal kills, and there is simply nothing that can be done about it. Yeah, sure, you feel annoyed for the first few rounds, but once you get set up, it isn't usually an issue for the rest of the game.

Awards

Yeah, the starting wall weapons didn't really create the problem of kill stealing. People would just waste their precious pistol ammo (like idiots) in the early rounds if there were no other weapons. Honestly the only real solution would be to just have everyone start on different sections of the map, or separated like in Verruckt, and it takes a few rounds to actually get to the others.

Play with friends or people on here. If you make friends on here you can play with them whenever you want. I agree that the starting room weapons dont cause the problem of kill stealing its just players in general.

TimelordAlex    52

Honestly the only real solution would be to just have everyone start on different sections of the map, or separated like in Verruckt, and it takes a few rounds to actually get to the others.

I'd be interested in everyone being separated, but expect a rage quit if one goes down. I dont want something like verruckt again though, even though separated you werent entitled to your own kills as everyone just lobbed grenades in the giant outside pit leaving everyone with little points. 

Honestly the only real solution would be to just have everyone start on different sections of the map, or separated like in Verruckt, and it takes a few rounds to actually get to the others.

I'd be interested in everyone being separated, but expect a rage quit if one goes down. I dont want something like verruckt again though, even though separated you werent entitled to your own kills as everyone just lobbed grenades in the giant outside pit leaving everyone with little points. 

Yeah, I would also like a new map with everyone being separated, or at the very least in groups of two again. But as you said rage quitting probably would be an issue. Though maybe not if they had a system like Afterlife in MoTD.

TimelordAlex    52

I'd be interested in an afterlife system returning - whos to say it wont in Shadows of Evil.

Also 100th post, nice.

To be fair, they weren't in the starting room for Moon (or inside the building in the Receiving Bay, you had to open up the next set of doors to reach them).

I'm okay with starting weapons, I just want them to be different guns this time. They can have the exact same stats as the M14 and Olympia but just make them different guns.

Origins had the Ballista.

Awards

TimelordAlex    52

Which lets be honest wasnt any better than the olympia, no-one iever buys it in my games. Funny though how the olympia was seen in the trailer

Which lets be honest wasnt any better than the olympia, no-one iever buys it in my games. Funny though how the olympia was seen in the trailer

I usually buy it (also on my maps) since it's a one hit kill for headshots up to round 6.

Also its not supposed to be better than the Olympia, it's supposed to be a starting room wall weapon, i.e. pretty shit. Or would you prefer to just have a MK2 on the wall in spawn?

Edited by steviewonder87

Awards

With the way things are going, like having the raygun on the wall as a perma perk, we may get a mark 2 on the wall XD Wouldn't it be cool if you could switch around what wall weapons there were in custom games? That might be useful for this kind of thing.

TimelordAlex    52

Of what?

You feeling the need to bring up the fact that i like the Mk 2 in every comment or reply to me.

Ragdo11706    363

That would be dope if they gave us that much control over Custom Games. To the point where we could choose which wall weapons there are (PPSH-41 available in Custom Maps on W@W).

Imagine if we could choose which weapons were in the box, or what PaP skin we use. Different types of Zombie bosses. So much potential.

It would be nice to give custom games a purpose rather than tricking people into believing your high round match is going to count.

Rissole25    378

Wouldn't it be cool if you could switch around what wall weapons there were in custom games? That might be useful for this kind of thing.

Not exactly the same, but what if they did the Buried thing with the chalk again? Did people like that or not?

Ragdo11706    363

I liked the concept of the Chalk Drawings on Buried. I just feel as if Buried wasn't particularly the right map for it. With the addition of the Bank, & camping at Jug with the Sub-Surface Resonator (aka portable ThunderGun), & the Paralyzer/Pertrifier. 

I never really felt the need to run anything else. By far the easiest map ever created for Zombies.

I wanted the chalk to be random weapons. You go up to the question mark and it gives you a random wall weapon that stays in that location for the rest of the game. Not sure that would work in starting areas unless it switched between all the old starting weapons we had.