• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

So a little update folk's we have received some screenshots of the admin side of the LFG system.

ddbe41a3a8f848abba3e9f9a2de36a6f.png

b68f1fad24c677dec9519455cc4c700c.pngc625ec720eb405c1e500c1884481940e.png0da269773793c91eb949bb83fc3dc273.png

We expect to receive some screenshots of the front end of the system this week or next and then we'll be able to start some testing hopefully soon after. If you have any specific functions you would like please let us know as now is the time to have them added.

Edited by Hells Warrrior

Still need to make my 2nd donation, excited to see progress.

@Hells Warrrior in terms of specifics for what I'd like to see:

- specific fields for play type: casual, high rounds, Easter egg, achievements, speed run, Research for Theorizing (I.e. Looking at stuff/ listening to stuff), feel free to add more.

- play type fields can be combined (up to 3), with an option to include whether the host wants to stream/capture - or whether they are looking for someone to stream/capture.

- also craig I know this is a point of contention between us, but I feel that people should be able to use the LFG function without having to make an account on codz forum. If we force everyone to make accounts here, then not only will we have an over flux of new users who will probably never use the forum - but to me it comes off as too pushy.

this is a gift to the community, I believe that if we simply have people link their gamertag and then have the option to save that, it will be much more popular.  If they want to go through the effort of making an account then they have the community as their reward, but I think we should make the process as quick as possible to jump in and find a match.  People will appreciate that, and the free approach will yield passionate folks who WANT to join us.

as I type this as well, I just came up with an idea - we could make it easy for them, and after they link their console and choose to save it, we could prompt them with "create account on codz". Just a thought.

i know I'm blathering on here, but putting up a wall is not what we do. Let's make it free, let's open the floodgates, and let's truly give this to the community.

Edited by GRILL
  • Administrators

If I might tack on a suggestion amongst @GRILL's: 

Some may want to define the number of players desired. Obviously, it's usually x4, but there are occasions in which a limit may be desired.

Do we know how/when a post will expire and no longer be a result (avoidance of stagnant and outdated posts)? I ask because I figgered this has already been considered. If so, no answer is necessarily expected. 

If I might tack on a suggestion amongst @GRILL's: 

Some may want to define the number of players desired. Obviously, it's usually x4, but there are occasions in which a limit may be desired.

Do we know how/when a post will expire and no longer be a result (avoidance of stagnant and outdated posts)? I ask because I figgered this has already been considered. If so, no answer is necessarily expected. 

To add on even further to this, let's say you have one friend with you ready to play and you need two more people. There should be a way to look for say, 2 people to join you for a 4 person game. I mean I know one could look for a 3 person game and ask if their friend could join, but you never know when someone would be picky about having a certain number of players in a match.

Gotta agree with @GRILL

In a perfect world people would happily sign up and be active but its not the case unfortunately. There has been countless times where I've wanted to use a websites features, but have to join the website to use it and just haven't done it. Sometimes I'm lazy, sometimes I just don't want to join the site.

I don't know if it's possible but maybe have recent threads/posts or something from the site showing up on that site. That way, people could get intrigued and check those out as well. Of course also have a pop up or something like "Hey! CoDz is the home of Call of Duty Zombies discussion! Come join in!", something along those lines.

• Tech Admin

As it stands, it will be for registered users, but we can allow access to guests. Why registered? Simply to allow messages between players so they can easily access information, to keep "spam" to a minimum and everything else that goes with it.

All the LFG systems I have seen all require registration, I sent a mass mail out to everyone, so maybe garner some more interest from the community.

Great suggestions and I'll look into these, I'm away for a few days (off to Lithuania on Sunday) so I don't have the time just now but I'll be sure to have a look tonight/tomorrow and check on these.

While I'm not here to play Devils advocate & have already seen Hells response, I do believe the non sign up option recommended by Grill to be the best as quite simply it will create a far larger pool of players & by proxy allow for quicker game set-ups.

While it would be nice to garner more registrations it would also alienate a sizeable portion. As someone that played too much on destiny and using an lfg site I can say firsthand that (apologies if no links allowed etc destinylfg.net) did a fantastic job by not requiring a signup but ALSO allowing instant - if limited - chat.

I think with more LFG sites & apps for different games ever increasing there will be more than 1 option by the time BO3 is in full swing and capitalizing by getting the members first & foremost - through this gift to the community will go much further as a sign of good will than forcing those to sign up for potentially something they have not seen the beneficial use of yet.

On the flip-side - registry will prevent (although I don't see the practical use of this in a non competitive way - it was mainly used to block a players mini-map) people from trying to abuse other gamers by putting fake posts up which would end in the individual being flooded with friend requests.

S

Would this LFG be only for BO3 by the way? It's not all that important but it would probably be beneficial to some people for this to work for the previous Black Ops games as well.

Any Black Ops game, any platform, any map.

It just now occured to me that after we initially release the LFG with all BO titles, we could add custom maps as well :mrgreen:

Would this LFG be only for BO3 by the way? It's not all that important but it would probably be beneficial to some people for this to work for the previous Black Ops games as well.

It just now occured to me that after we initially release the LFG with all BO titles, we could add custom maps as well :mrgreen:

Even custom zombies? Be still my beating heart!

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys
  • Moderators

What about WaW?

And most importanly: Exo Zombies???

50 % of this post is serious. 

• 2 weeks later...

The CODZ LFG has been paid in full, thanks to a final $70 donation from @Boom

Huge thanks to everyone involved with donating towards this cause, we've been getting specs from the developer and should be testing the LFG system itself in the coming weeks.

This is truly a monumental moment for CODZ, and the start of something game-changing.

Big shout to @Hells Warrrior for doing a lot of the leg work.  This may have been a shared idea, but it could not have been executed without the mighty craig.

• Tech Admin

We should be in a position to see some more details in the next few days, the front end of the LFG is near completion and we should be in a position to have at least 2 weeks of testing before 6th November comes around. I don't have any updated screenshots but should have some over the next few days.

Not long now folks.