Does anyone else besides me want the thunder gun back in Black Ops 3? It was really good for getting out of tight situations like getting surrounded by a horde or randomly getting stuck on an invisible barrier. I know this gun is very noob-friendly, but it was also good for saving teammates who recently went down and need to make a run for Jug.

Ragdo11706    363

While it's (The ThunderGun/ZeusCannon) my favorite Wunder-Weapon. Alongside The Fractilizer & Wave Gunn. I believe it's too OP for it to return.

Maybe in a different form, similarly to the Wind Staff. That's the only way I see TreyArch bringing it back. Unless we possibly get a Remake of Kino or Ascension.

AlphaOmega    42

I'm not trying tI be high and mighty, but personally I don't want it because it just makes things too easy. Same thing with the bank and weapons locker. Though I don't mind those returning since they help have a sense of progression.

Rissole25    378

I kinda wish that old Wonder Weapons would return like they use to do.

It's most likely guaranteed that we'll get the DG-2 or some form of it in The Giant. I'd honestly be fine with just the Zap Guns without the Wave Gun returning. One of my favourite Wonder Weapons.

Ragdo11706    363

I kinda wish that old Wonder Weapons would return like they use to do.

It's most likely guaranteed that we'll get the DG-2 or some form of it in The Giant. I'd honestly be fine with just the Zap Guns without the Wave Gun returning. One of my favourite Wonder Weapons.

So do you think "The Giant" could possibly feature, "The DG-1".

TimelordAlex    52

I would love many of the old WWs to return like the Shrink ray, Wave gun and Winters howl, and their lack of absence cannot be explained by being 'too op''. As WWs are meant to be OP, the Wind Staff is my least liked staff as i thought it would work like the thundergun when it was really nothing like that even when upgraded, i felt all the staffs were a waste of time tbh. They should've brought back the Thundergun, The Wunderwaffe, The Winters Howl and made a new fire type WW and i would've been much more happier than that and it would've saved time with making the staffs and the ridiculous process to upgrade them. I think the Wunderwaffe will return in the Giant along with the Ray Guns mark 1/2 and maybe 3? But i hope for a brand new WW too in the map. With SoE, i can see them bringing the Blundergat back if they wanted too, but we'll probably have something new for sure. They have eventually brought back fan favourite perks like PHD and EC returned swiftly in Origins, i think they'll bring back WWs too.

I would love many of the old WWs to return like the Shrink ray, Wave gun and Winters howl, and their lack of absence cannot be explained by being 'too op''. As WWs are meant to be OP, the Wind Staff is my least liked staff as i thought it would work like the thundergun when it was really nothing like that even when upgraded, i felt all the staffs were a waste of time tbh. They should've brought back the Thundergun, The Wunderwaffe, The Winters Howl and made a new fire type WW and i would've been much more happier than that and it would've saved time with making the staffs and the ridiculous process to upgrade them. I think the Wunderwaffe will return in the Giant along with the Ray Guns mark 1/2 and maybe 3? But i hope for a brand new WW too in the map. With SoE, i can see them bringing the Blundergat back if they wanted too, but we'll probably have something new for sure. They have eventually brought back fan favourite perks like PHD and EC returned swiftly in Origins, i think they'll bring back WWs too.

I take it you never use the charged up effect on the upgraded Staffs then.

Awards

TimelordAlex    52

Sure theres the charge up effect, but i feel like a single shot should do something at least but in the high rounds it just makes them stand still rather than blowing them away. You are pretty much forced to charge staffs using more ammo in the high rounds if you want them to have any effect, thats probably why they gave you quite a lot of ammo - because in single shots they dont really do anything at all, i'd rather the wind staff have much less ammo and it kill a horde like the thundergun, bit like how the weapon mod is for BO1.

We can talk about what weapons we want back for hours but we all know that the only weapon that needs to come back is the Thrustodyne Aeronautics 23.

TimelordAlex    52

We can talk about what weapons we want back for hours but we all know that the only weapon that needs to come back is the Thrustodyne Aeronautics 23.

Your right, how could I forget such a weapon

In all seriousness, maybe we will get some updated versions of old WWs like how the staffs were somewhat like that. Maybe we will get a fire gun for the fire staff to have a counterpart too.

Spider3000    140

I don't want the Thundergun back. I could never really like the weapon. The Wunderwaffe DG-2 is something that I definitely want to see back, even if it's just for The Giant. I mean, it's a good Wonder Weapon obviously, but it's probably near the bottom on the list of Wonder Weapon's I'd like to see return, 

Awards

AlphaOmega    42

@TimelordAlex i see where you are coming from but wonder weapons are not MEANT to be overpowered. They are meant to be unique and have weird effects. Thats why people werent too happy with the blundergat (though i will easily pay 15 dollars on a weapon pack for that gun cuz i love it.) it was powerful but it did not have any special effects.

i want a really cool unique weapon. Like the trident? That was sooooooo unique! Like it wasnt OP but it was the most fun ive had in a wonderweapon since the 31-79 jgb215.

• Like 1

@TimelordAlex i see where you are coming from but wonder weapons are not MEANT to be overpowered. They are meant to be unique and have weird effects. Thats why people werent too happy with the blundergat (though i will easily pay 15 dollars on a weapon pack for that gun cuz i love it.) it was powerful but it did not have any special effects.

i want a really cool unique weapon. Like the trident? That was sooooooo unique! Like it wasnt OP but it was the most fun ive had in a wonderweapon since the 31-79 jgb215.

The blundergat was very well received and was one of the favourite WWs of BO2. Also the Trident technically piggy backs off of the same idea the Limbo had, new weapons that have crazy effects.

TimelordAlex    52

Meh, i like the OP insta kill WWs, they're the most fun, im not really fussed about the effects even if they are cool. The sweeper was sweet, but the vitrolic whithering should've been more powerful, lost its power at round 30 onwards and just makes crawlers. I like the Cauterizer and Limbo from Exo zombies, the rest im not that interested in.

Rissole25    378

They are meant to be unique and have weird effects. Thats why people werent too happy with the blundergat (though i will easily pay 15 dollars on a weapon pack for that gun cuz i love it.) it was powerful but it did not have any special effects.

I think it's special effect came with the Acid Gat. It was essentially 4 different guns, Acid Gat/Vitrolic Withering effect was the Awful Lawton effect, which was nice since they removed the crossbow from Moon onwards.

Ragdo11706    363

Even thou the V-Dub (Vitriolic Withering) didn't kill Zombies all that well. It was still an OP Wunder Weapon. Combined with the Hellz Redemer & Electric Cherry, you were almost invincible. One of my favorite combos in Treyarch Zombies. 

As for the Trident all Sledgehammer did was take the Retriever/Redemer & make it into a weapon. These are the kinda things I hope Treyarch bring to the table in Black Ops III. Different unique weapons that are amazing. Always kill no matter what round, just may not kill the entire hoard.

Oh yea & the PPSH-41

• Like 1

I would prefer no WW'S at all. They lead to people quitting, and low level players thinking they are good. 

Would much prefer a gun like the Blundergat, that isn't terribly powerful on the WW scale. At least Origins was a step forward with how WW's were handled, because every player could have one.

Now the next step is making 4 equal powered weapons, then there's no bitching about which one you get. Either that or just take them out entirely, that's ideal imo. 

I would prefer no WW'S at all. They lead to people quitting, and low level players thinking they are good. 

Would much prefer a gun like the Blundergat, that isn't terribly powerful on the WW scale. At least Origins was a step forward with how WW's were handled, because every player could have one.

Now the next step is making 4 equal powered weapons, then there's no bitching about which one you get. Either that or just take them out entirely, that's ideal imo. 

Origins causes more arguments though because of arguing over who wants what staff. I just think Public Match is doomed to have problems like that because of how the game fundamentally works.

TimelordAlex    52

Exactly what i thought, how about a Thundergun, Wunderwaffe, Shrink Ray and Wave Gun all in the box - one for everyone, cant really bitch who gets what as the box is random - i'd rather this than the staffs in origins. But i would never want them to take them out, they are part of what makes zombies so fun for me, i detest Tranzit for many reasons but its lack of a proper WW is one of them. If you wanted 4 equally powered weapons for everyone then the solution to that is to let everyone get the WW, then no-one would moan again, they cant leave as they can still get it, it might be more OP, but that makes it more fun, and they can the map harder like Origins.

Edited by TimelordAlex

Ragdo11706    363

I've never really seen a big deal for them having the W.W. available for everyone in public lobbies. I get that it would make it easier in a way. 

But in reality not really. In a game with 4 players there's 4x the amount of Zombies per Round than on Solo. By the time you get to the mid 20s you run out of ammo half way thru. Not only that but most the time your all running in different areas. 

The only way that public lobbies will be somewhat playable especially now having a ranking system, is TreyArch allows everyone to get the W.W. 

MotD did a good job at this because everyone could get the BlunderGat, Retriever/Redemer, Golden Spork (fukn genius), & AfterLife mode. 

Does anyone else besides me want the thunder gun back in Black Ops 3? It was really good for getting out of tight situations like getting surrounded by a horde or randomly getting stuck on an invisible barrier. I know this gun is very noob-friendly, but it was also good for saving teammates who recently went down and need to make a run for Jug.

only if they fixed it so it does not miss the zombies and go right through them resulting in probable death it was one of the most annoying bugs with that weapon. other than that i loved it. it is or was a formidable weapon i loved the reload sound and putting the clip back in and the recharge noise it made and the glow from it

Awards