Sign in to follow this  
Pizzaboy5799

Zombies League Play Feature

Zombies League Play Feature  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a League Play addition to the zombies franchise?

• Yes!
    • No.
    • Maybe...

Hope you are all having a great day!

Quick BOIII feature idea - League Play.

Think about it, pro zombie players don't have to continually search in public matches days on end to finally meet a player of equal or greater skill level. No more will shotgun ranked pros be paired up with one bone randoms!

After entering a lobby, players will be evenly matched by statistics of past games and they will play in 3 different tiers:

SURVIVAL - Free For All

Players will play in a BOIII zombies map - or even remastered maps if Treyarch decides to add them in DLCs such as "The Giant" - until either they hit Round 30 or all players are downed.

At the end of the match, the player with the greatest score gains 5 points - second greatest gains 4, etc - the player with the most kills gains 5 points, e.t.c.

Revives give 3x points in Survival, promoting other players to revive "teammates". The winning player will gain a hefty magnitude of XP and improve their rank on the leaderboard.

GRIEF - Teams

Players will play in a BOIII zombies map - or even remastered maps if Treyarch decides to add them in DLCs such as "The Giant" - until either they hit Round 30 or all players on one of the teams is downed.

For the winning team only, the player with the greatest score gains 5 points - second greatest gains 4, etc - the player with the most kills gains 5 points, e.t.c.

The winning team will gain XP and improve their ranks on the leaderboard. Also, the top player on their team will gain a hefty magnitude of XP and further improve their rank on the leaderboard.

CHALLENGES - Free For All

Players will play in a BOIII zombies map - or even remastered maps if Treyarch decides to add them in DLCs such as "The Giant" - until either they hit Round 30 or all players are downed. The challenges include the "2 Box Roll Only" challenge, the "First Room Only" challenge, e.t.c. These challenges will increase in number with more DLCs and community desires.

At the end of the match, the player with the greatest score gains 5 points - second greatest gains 4, etc - the player with the most kills gains 5 points, e.t.c.

Revives give 3x points in Survival, promoting other players to revive "teammates". The winning player will gain a hefty magnitude of XP and improve their rank on the leaderboard.

Please leave your thoughts below!

Have an awesome day! =)

TimelordAlex    52

I would like an option to be able to play with people the same rank as you and with those who have mics, but then just play the map as normal

One potential problem is that it could draw in the wrong kind of people into zombies. You could have some annoying 12 year old who is really good at the game but happens to be an absolute jerk as well, and I don't think any decent player would want to be matched with some who only got there because he hogged all the kills/points or whatever else. Zombies is a fun casual side game 90% of the time for me and I don't know if I want there to be more incentive for people like that to start playing zombies.

On a positive note, I do like the idea of having a separate playlist for stuff like first room challenge or 2 box rolls. Kind of like the wager match/bonus playlist from regular mp.

TimelordAlex    52

On a positive note, I do like the idea of having a separate playlist for stuff like first room challenge or 2 box rolls. Kind of like the wager match/bonus playlist from regular mp.

Well im hoping this time round they give us proper custom games with as much options as MP received in BO2, not just 5 basic options. We should be able to restrict what perks are on the map or add some, restrict box weapons, add other WWs - if anything is changed in a custom lobby from preset options, the game no longer counts on leaderboards, but if you dont change preset settings, it should count (it should've done in BO2 for sure). Perhaps set a limit for how many times all players can hit the box or buy certain perks. Change the starting amount of points and starting weapon, everyone can spawn in with wave guns and just have fun. 

I agree with you on custom games. I was furious when the game first came out when I got to like round 34 on Nuketown with my buddies, and we did it on custom game like we always did in BO with private matches so that we didn't have to deal with randoms. And we didn't change any of the options thinking it would count for the leaderboard only to find out it didn't after all we went through.

On a side note, it would be great for public matches if they had separate playlists for different number of players. Like lobbies for 2, 3, and 4 player games. BO2 had solo which was great, but it was still frustrating trying to start a game that counted on the leaderboard with only 2 or 3 people. Golden opportunity right here Treyarch.

TimelordAlex    52

On a side note, it would be great for public matches if they had separate playlists for different number of players. Like lobbies for 2, 3, and 4 player games. BO2 had solo which was great, but it was still frustrating trying to start a game that counted on the leaderboard with only 2 or 3 people. Golden opportunity right here Treyarch.

Agreed, and im still waiting for 8 player co-op, even if its on a cut portion of the map, we asked for it and we got grief?!

• Like 1

Agreed, and im still waiting for 8 player co-op, even if its on a cut portion of the map, we asked for it and we got grief?!

I also am still waiting on true 8 player co-op.

TheDunbarian    14

8-player co-op (and Grief, if I'm gonna be honest) would call for a cap of more than 24 zombies at once. Which by now should definitely be possible with the new engine. True custom games and private matches which count toward leaderboards are also features which would be much appreciated. And finally, I think the best solution to those who can't find randoms who are serious enough (or those who wanna stop finding randoms who are too serious) is to add filters or different lobbies to matchmaking, so casual players can find other casuals, high-rounders can find other high-rounders, and players wanting to try a challenge can find others who want to do that.

Do I think that Treyarch will add any of these things? No. But it'd be nice.

Awards

I do believe 8 player co-op with a higher zombie cap is very much possible on the new current gen. And I would not at all mind it being on smaller or gutted portions of a map or maps. As much as I would like to believe in the idea of a detailed playlist in zombies to be able to find good teammates or play specific challenges, it seems to me Treyarch is dead set on keeping zombies as traditional as possible. It's a bummer but the trade-off is that it will at least always be the zombies we know and love.

But on the bright side, we'll always have the orgainzed community here at codz to come up with our own challenges and find teammates who you know will definitely take it seriously and know how to play as part of a team.