Sign in to follow this  
Spider3000

PS4 to get DLC early

Spider3000    140

Well, here it is. Not only do PS owners get DLC early, but also the beta, which begins in August.

Nothing to say, but that this sucks for Xbox One owners, especially the people who bought Xbox One's for early DLC.

Awards

Rissole25    378

Fuck you Activision. 

​Don't worry it's not that bad. We've had to endure it for 6-7 years now. I feel bad for you guys cause I would prefer no exclusivity, but I can't help feeling happy that we're not getting the shaft for once.

• Like 3

Awww man sorry for my hypness I know it sucks waiting that month while the other half enjoys. Even though ins Sony guy I'd prefer an equal launch so there can we be an Easter egg war between consoles . Hope next year is equal

Awards

Spider3000    140

Fuck you Activision. 

​If I were you, I'd try to stay away from all COD things once the DLC come out. That way, when it does come out for Xbox, you'll enjoy it much more.

Awards

Fuck you Activision. 

​Don't worry it's not that bad. We've had to endure it for 6-7 years now. I feel bad for you guys cause I would prefer no exclusivity, but I can't help feeling happy that we're not getting the shaft for once.

​You don't get the shaft, you've NEVER gotten the shaft. 

You CHOOSE to play PS over Xbox, and thus you are accustomed to it. We chose Xbox and this is one of the few things we get from that choice. We pay more, we get less, and now we don't even get what we wanted from that damn box. 

• Like 3

RedDeadRiot    98

On the bright side, after Blops3, I can finally say that I will no longer be supporting ANYTHING CoD related. Half tempted to not buy the garbage because of the Exo 2.0 shit, but alas zombies will suck me back in. Business aside, Xbox and competitive multiplayer helped build CoD to the franchise they are today. Without them, they never would have survived through the shit show  of releases the last three years and it's a shame that they alienated that relationship.

Bigger shame that the zombies community will lose a majority of their contributors for the first month of a release. What a shame.

• Like 2

FatedTitan    70

I honestly probably won't even buy CoD this year, which is really disappointing for me.  I have barely played the past few, even though I did enjoy what I played with AW.  I just have other things that suck me in more now, like League of Legends and Splatoon.  I was really excited for the return of Zombies, ready to get my theorizing going and try to solve this hecticness that is the story.  

But I'm just not going to spend $110 to contribute nothing to this community.  I'm not the guy who looks online for answers to the easter eggs.  I solve them myself and I take pride and joy in that.  But finding a group to not look up anything an entire month will be impossible.  And even if I do find a group, the theorizing will be long completed by the time I even touch the map.  Just a big disappointment.  Can we not get rid of this platform parity?  It's so stupid.

• Like 4

Rissole25    378

Fuck you Activision. 

You CHOOSE to play PS over Xbox, and thus you are accustomed to it. We chose Xbox and this is one of the few things we get from that choice. We pay more, we get less, and now we don't even get what we wanted from that damn box. 

​And I can easily say you have a choice to swap over to PS4. Stop acting like a victim.

• Like 3

DaveLo07    172

@Stop mocking me0 Surely you mean 'Fuck you Microsoft' ?

That's a pretty selfish reaction! I'm an xbox user and playstation have had to wait that extra month in the past. We choose the console we do for whatever reasons and there were never any guaranties that xbox would get exclusivity this time around. I expect people who chose playstation for whatever reasons were just as frustrated when we used to get the dlc early, it is always a choice.

Xbox users don't pay more for exclusivity with dlc, that comes down to money. Sony have obviously realized the importance of this on sales and have stumped up more than Microsoft this time round. Fair play to them. Now you have another choice. Grab a playstation as well, or patiently wait that extra month for the dlc. But for god's sake, take it like a man! There's nothing wrong with being frustrated having to wait for the dlc, but to act like this is any harder on yourself than it has been for playstation users in the past is unfair.

• Like 1

"Stop acting like the victim" having the mentality of saying that he should endure late DLC without warning is pretty low, not his fault that you got the DLC late is it? Its not like anybody who plays Xbox here ever said that PS4 people should get it late.

Matuzz    217

"Stop acting like the victim" having the mentality of saying that he should endure late DLC without warning is pretty low, not his fault that you got the DLC late is it? Its not like anybody who plays Xbox here ever said that PS4 people should get it late.

​Did you not read the post? I mean read it a few times:

You don't get the shaft, you've NEVER gotten the shaft. 

• Like 1

Yes I did, there is nothing wrong with what he has said.

Matuzz    217

Sooo, because Xbox got the DLC early everything was apparently right but after Sony gets DLC early Xbox users were instantly "shafted" unlike Sony players for years because they apparently knew about it. Well here's some food for though the DLC exclusivity wasn't there from Call of Duty 1. Once there was one day when PS players found out that oh DLC is coming early to Xbox just like it's happening now the other way around.

I get it that some are fustarated if they actually went and bought gaming console just for 1 month early DLC access to one specific game. And I'm sorry for them BUT that post was extremely extremely hypocritical. Then you say people are going low for caling someone out on trying to present out that they have been some how been completely betrayed WHEN there has never been any confirmation ever as how long these exclusive contracts go. He got Xbox he had his early DLC for years inclucing 2 with Xbox One now PS4 has the exlusivity and PC players keep getting the DLC late like they always do and that how it goes.

• Like 2

Right since I barely understood any of that, the only thing I did is where you misunderstood me. I think it is not a good thing when people are acting as if xbox players deserve it.

Matuzz    217

Right since I barely understood any of that, the only thing I did is where you misunderstood me. I think it is not a good thing when people are acting as if xbox players deserve it.

​And so far no one has.

Rissole25    378

I never even said Xbox users should get it late. It's the attitude I have a problem with. Basically saying that we deserved a delay for choosing Playstation over Xbox. I'm sorry but that is bull. I get he is angry and probably said it in the heat of the moment, but I've seen hardly any outbursts from Xbox users, and in fact none from PC players, who still will continue to get the shaft.

• Like 2

Hells Warrrior    564

The bottom line of it is this, the exclusivity deal between MS and ATV ended.

Which begs the BIGGEST question of all.

Did Microsoft foresee the end to the franchise (sales are falling and AW was behind Ghosts in sales by 27%) or did Sony steal it from MS? I would guess that MS let it go.

Rissole25    378

I think possibly a bit of both, but I think the turning point was the infamous Xbox One E3 Reveal. Although the mistakes were corrected, there was just a huge outburst of people going over to PS4. Possibility Activision saw that they may make more money from Playstation in the long run and just didn't renew the contract when it expired. Maybe since Sony is pushing the PS4 hard, they offered a lot more money this time around? Or it could be as you said HW and Microsoft may have just let it go due to declining popularity or sales. Whatever the case, I do think that E3 thing was a contributing factor in part.