TimelordAlex    52

So i'm curious as to how the Ray Gun MK2 will feature in BO3. I think it is a given that the Mark 1 will appear as it has appeared in every other map. The Mark 2 was the best thing BO2 Zombies brought and has easily become one of my favored weapons - i now cant stand the Mark 1. But with rumors of a Mark 3 for BO3, I'm worried they therefore wont bring the Mark 2 back and leave it to stay in BO2, though i really hope this isnt the case, what is everyone elses thoughts?

Lenne    415

I hope there will be a mark 3 which will be semi automatic but does penetration damage as well.

I like the Mark two but dislike it's burst fire mode. 

Spider3000    140

For some reason, I have a feeling that the Ray Gun Mk2 won't come back in Black Ops 3.  I do like it though, maybe even more than the regular Ray Gun.

When Jason Blundell was asked at Comic-Con if we could expect to see a Ray Gun Mk3 in Black Ops 3, he said "Never say never". Hopefully we'll get it in DLC instead, although I'm not sure how they could make it very different from the regular Ray Gun and the Mk2.

Awards

I just want both. I love the classic ray gun and the mark II is a really cool treat. I do not think there is a need for a third one especially since we just got the second one, I would rather them focus on some new wunder weapon ideas since they were pretty lacking in Black Ops 2.

I see the ray gun M2 being a season's pass/pre-order bonus to be like, the last thing they announce before the game launches. Otherwise I see it being 2$ DLC. 

I see the ray gun M2 being a season's pass/pre-order bonus to be like, the last thing they announce before the game launches. Otherwise I see it being 2$ DLC. 

You have been saying that since I have met you, I really hope it does come true.

They're going to give out one last BAM hype addition of course about October-ish to get that last little bit of BO3 HYPE. 

My best guess would be the M2. 

Boom115    241

Although the origins of the ray gun MKII are unknown, it is definitely certain that this is a later iteration. So now that the timeline has changed the MKII may never exist. So we may face something entirely new!

Boom115    241

I still think it's the same ray-gun just mutated. Either way it doesn't mater, Origins had the RGM2, logically it'd exist here too. 

Oh good shout forgot about that one. Although they did say the box pull from space and time, so possibly other timelines as well.

InfestLithium    520

I still think it's the same ray-gun just mutated. Either way it doesn't mater, Origins had the RGM2, logically it'd exist here too. 

Oh good shout forgot about that one. Although they did say the box pull from space and time, so possibly other timelines as well.

I was gonna say friendo, weapons can be pulled from respective parts of their timeline. But honestly, I don't think we'd be seeing the MKII anymore. That would means three versions of a Ray Gun available at any given time? Overkill, if you ask me.

I just want both. I love the classic ray gun and the mark II is a really cool treat. I do not think there is a need for a third one especially since we just got the second one, I would rather them focus on some new wunder weapon ideas since they were pretty lacking in Black Ops 2.

Really? The Sliquifier, Paralyser, Blundergat (and it's variants), the Staffs? Only Tranzit had an awful WW, the other maps had pretty good ones tbh.

Awards

They nerfed the Sliquifier big time so it isn't what it was and the Paralyzer was more like a flying utility than a Wunder Weapon. The Staffs are hit and miss with people because of the effort to build them and the arguments it can cause. Blundergat is fine but in all fairness Origins and Mob of the Dead were good maps. You don't need a raygun mark 3.

The Sliquifier is still pretty decent. imo

Nah I think it sucks compared to what it was before, rapidly dropped from my favourite WW to one of the least favourites.

I have a feeling that they will only have two versions of the ray gun. So we may not see mark 2. Probably just the original ray gun and the new BO3 one. I would be surprised if they have all versions.

I have a feeling that they will only have two versions of the ray gun. So we may not see mark 2. Probably just the original ray gun and the new BO3 one. I would be surprised if they have all versions.

That's even if they're making a M3. Which we don't know yet. 

Unless some of us have been looking at leaks...

TimelordAlex    52

maybe its tweeked this time, if you pap MK1 it becomes MK2, PaP it again you get MK3. And agreed on BO2 'WWs' being poor compared to BO1. You do not interfere with the damage of a WW after the map is out, cough sliquifier cough.

TimelordAlex    52

im not sure i want it in this form, we already paid for it in DLC for BO2. Plus because of it being DLC i feel it is partly why its so damn hard to get on the BO2 maps bar buried.

Matuzz    218

With the new XP thing I hope you can unlock Mk II and then Mk III after a certain level requirment.

Ray Gun Mk III. would be like flamethrower but shoots a stream of green plasma that ignites and melts zombies. :Tears of Joy:

Spider3000    140

With the new XP thing I hope you can unlock Mk II and then Mk III after a certain level requirment.

Ray Gun Mk III. would be like flamethrower but shoots a stream of green plasma that ignites and melts zombies. :Tears of Joy:

Yeah, I honestly don't know what they could do with a Ray Gun Mk3. The RG Mk2 was a vast enough improvement as it is. No splash damage and a three-burst. They probably couldn't improve on it again without making it OP.

Awards

Can we have a Raygun Mark 4 while we are at it? Or 5? 6? I think people have it wrong, we don't need a Raygun Mark 2. We need the Wunderwaffe DG Infinity. Thats what should be focused on, we had no Wunderwaffe in BO2 and thats mad. It could be in the Giant with a special variant.

Lenne    415

Can we have a Raygun Mark 4 while we are at it? Or 5? 6? I think people have it wrong, we don't need a Raygun Mark 2. We need the Wunderwaffe DG Infinity. Thats what should be focused on, we had no Wunderwaffe in BO2 and thats mad. It could be in the Giant with a special variant.

Ray Gun Mark (Ruffalo) 1337 which you get after beating Hitler on round 115. 

How about those apples, NV. :P

TimelordAlex    52

i dont want zombies to become too much like multiplayer, so the idea of unlocking WWs or any weapon through XP does not bide well with me