"Every game is different"

The title of this thread depicts the exact way the XP system will effect the game. SO, how will the XP system effect the game specifically? 

Personally, I think it rewards you will certain customizable items: 

-A different starting pistol for instance. 

But others have begun to theorize a LOT of different things: 

-Different effects of the sword in SOE. 

-Different/more guns in the box. 

-Different/more perks in the wonderfizz. 

-Different/more gum balls in the Monty's Gum machine. 

-Different starting location in the SOE map. 

-Survival/Gamemode maps open up. 

What do you think will be effected by the ranking system? 

REMEMBER: It can't be TOO OP. But it has to be enough to effect gameplay. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea they would definitely have to keep it map specific. Like you said, just so the first time you play the next map everything's not already, readily available.

Here's a good question though. Maybe even one that deserves it's own thread if there's not already one. 

The Progression System. It's safe to say we've figured out how it would add to the replayability factor. Now comes the depth part.

So what if for instance the more & more you play SoE, the more you rank up (obviously). The more dialogue your character starts to remember. I would go as far as saying (but won't) you could possibly even unlock new objectives/areas.

This is quoted from what you & I were just discussing over in the Swords thread.

That's an interesting idea: Like say when one starts the game they don't realize where they are or what they're doing. But as you level up more and more, they become more aware. Then at a certain rank they begin to realize what will and won't work, eventually leading to "mastery" of the map, which can be presteiged upon, so when you go back in you have to learn it all again. 

What i do know for sure is that it cannot be a super broken system. Like, i dont think they would give awesome rewards to higher levels because that can make online gameplay frustrating.

also, it would always ensure people who are higher leveled have a distinct advatage over people who dont when it comes to high round games. 

For instance, someone who is about mid level can use guns like mark ii or the staves. However, low levels can only access the regular ray gun and the vr-11. True, the ability of any gun relies on the user, but doesnt change the fact how the power levels differ. Sure, vr11 can grant another person instant kills, but using solo? Useless pretty much. Again, judt an example.

A similar example is the box giving you a 6 in X chance of an assault rifle at medium level vs a 13 in 18 chance of an assault rifle on max level.

it cannot be a game breaking change.

That's an interesting idea: Like say when one starts the game they don't realize where they are or what they're doing. But as you level up more and more, they become more aware. Then at a certain rank they begin to realize what will and won't work, eventually leading to "mastery" of the map, which can be presteiged upon, so when you go back in you have to learn it all again. 

Yes exactly! Thus giving you true re-playability, while adding a lot more depth to the story. 

I think a good reward would be something like the persistent perks, that you can't lose. 

The headshot one in particular was a real pain for me, because I lost it every insta kill trying to conserve ammo with grenades. 

There is other small ways that the ranking could effect the player, upgraded perks like running an extra second with stam, reloading a little faster with speed, etc. Just as long as it didn't effect Jugg, or DT2 at all, then it would never be gamebreaking. 

And lastly starting out with max ammo for your pistol, could be a decent reward to earn early into the life of a reward system. 

I REALLY hope the reward system doesn't just give us perms-perks, I think that's the point of the gum-ball machine now, as a  LOT of people didn't like the perms-perks. Plus, it really doesn't change the game like it would with unlocking abilities. 

As for the easter egg, I think it should be AVAILABLE to be completed at a low rank, but by the time you reach a higher rank, it becomes easier and/or explains more about the story.