The story so far according to me:

Ok, so lets begin with all that shiz after buried. Maxis won, or Richtofen won, don't make much difference to me. But at this point samantha was all like ok, world's decimated either way: time for plan B. 

Plan B was to return to the point in time in which the O4 met the first time (origins) and bring them forward in time to the events of "the giant". 

Here, what typically happens is richtofen would go to the moon find samantha in the pyramid, and then zombies would start rioting, maxis would be summoned, and then killed. 

But now we have a few issues caused by samantha's medaling: 

1: Maxis is now mostly dead. And his rotor form restricts him from having children. So samantha was never created in the origins universe. So it was abandoned and the new universe of the REGULAR zombies storyline comes forth. 

2: Richtofen, now tainted with the knowledge of the cycle of him living, becoming all-powerful, and then falling, kills himself before he can do any of it. Now it is up for richtofen's younger self from another reality to set things strait. 

On the bright side "Payback's a bitch! And just so you know so is Russman" never even took place anymore! 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Ok, so lets begin with all that shiz after buried. Maxis won, or Richtofen won, don't make much difference to me. But at this point samantha was all like ok, world's decimated either way: time for plan B. 

Plan B was to return to the point in time in which the O4 met the first time (origins) and bring them forward in time to the events of "the giant". 

Here, what typically happens is richtofen would go to the moon find samantha in the pyramid, and then zombies would start rioting, maxis would be summoned, and then killed. 

But now we have a few issues caused by samantha's medaling: 

1: Maxis is now mostly dead. And his rotor form restricts him from having children. So samantha was never created in the origins universe. So it was abandoned and the new universe of the REGULAR zombies storyline comes forth. 

2: Richtofen, now tainted with the knowledge of the cycle of him living, becoming all-powerful, and then falling, kills himself before he can do any of it. Now it is up for richtofen's younger self from another reality to set things strait. 

On the bright side "Payback's a bitch! And just so you know so is Russman" never even took place anymore! 

Bahaha! I don't exactly share this viewpoint, but I want to acknowledge two things (in my humble opinion) that are excellent about this post: the concise and precise format, and the concluding observation. Hahahaha! I agree with you entirely...to the extent that I would be happy if BO2 never happened. Brains. 

Lovely theory! Never thought of it from the point Samantha was the one that created/went to the Origin's timeline. It would also explain why Richtofen looks so confused at the end of the intro cutscene. That sort of "Wait, what... DANG IT!!!" look

I'm very skeptical about Samantha being the one that caused us going back to Origins.

Samantha lost her power when she was kicked out of Aether. Remember the last time we saw Samantha, she was trapped in a physical body unable to do anything about it. If Samantha still had her power, she would have been able to escape Agartha.

It's much more likely that Maxis was the one that brought us back to Origins after gaining the power to do so at the end of Buried.

I'm very skeptical about Samantha being the one that caused us going back to Origins.

Samantha lost her power when she was kicked out of Aether. Remember the last time we saw Samantha, she was trapped in a physical body unable to do anything about it. If Samantha still had her power, she would have been able to escape Agartha.

It's much more likely that Maxis was the one that brought us back to Origins after gaining the power to do so at the end of Buried.

I understand where you're coming from, and I think Maxis causing them to go back to Origins makes much more sense now that you've mentioned it, because BO3 zombies could be Maxis' "Ultimate Plan". After all, the older Richtofen ended up dead according to "The Giant" trailer, which is exactly what Maxis wanted after realizing that Richtofen had betrayed him. Therefore, Maxis' "Ultimate Plan" is working (if this theory is correct). Origins could be the first step of Maxis' "Ultimate Plan".

However, I still think Samantha has enough power to send the characters back to Origins because of what she says when you complete the easter egg for that map. "As the gates to Agartha opened, the four heroes were rewarded with riches beyond their imaginations." So supposedly, she had the power to give them such rewards (whatever they were). One could argue that: 'She was only given the power to reward them once she was freed from Agartha', or that 'She didn't directly say that she was going to reward them, maybe Maxis rewarded them instead of her.'

Honestly, I have no idea, but I like your theory. Oh, and just for the record, the final thing said in Origins, in the final cutscene was: "My dad says he has a plan." So now my guess is that we get to enact Maxis' plan in BO3 zombies.