Charles871987

Mini Juggernog Fridge's Three Tunes

Hey all, it's been a while but I figured I would see if anyone else has watched the unboxing of the fridge *Embedded below* and listened to the three tunes that are played and was subsequently dissapointed that the ACTUAL Juggernog Tune -even just a snippet- was not included. One tune is the Round Start, the next is Samantha's Lullaby, and the final one is like a shimmering high pitched sound? I'm not entirely sure, maybe someone else knows.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm super ecstatic that we are actually getting this thing and it's my first CE that I will be purchasing as I feel it is actually USEFUL. I'm sure there are people out there that don't even give a shit about Zombies and are still buying it lol, and I'm not talking about scalpers. How much do you guys think this thing is going to weigh? From the video I watched it seemed to move fairly easily across the counter they had it placed, so if I had to guess, I would say maybe 25lbs? I don't think there will be any kind of heavy duty compressor in there lol.

Lastly as an aside, does anyone have a clue what 3arc are going to do about the N4? I know that things are getting re-written so to speak, but I'd like to think that we would see some kind of conclusion to that storyline. If not I won't be heartbroken; just a little disappointed. 

Vyhl    15

I was dissapointed that I wasn't able to get this.

Now I'm not. It's way smaller than what I thought it'd be and a the fact that it doesn't have its actual jingle makes it disappointing.

Happy I didn't get it.

It definteily is disappointing that it doesn't sport the Jingle lol, but I look at it this way personally; Since the hardened edition and a season pass would be about $130 for me *80 for the hardened edition so I can get the Giant Map and then 50 for the season pass* I'm only effectively paying $70 for the fridge. Even less if you consider the 3 in game skin packs, the digital soundtrack, steelbook case, high quality coasters, and art cards. So tallying all that up I'd say is at least $20, which to me means I'm paying only $50 for a really cool looking fridge with lights and sounds.

Rissole25    378

Seriously? I mean they could literally use the short snippet they use when buying the drink. I'm disappointed it doesn't have it, but I would still like to buy it (if Jug Edition ever restocks here O_o).

• Like 1

Vyhl    15

It definteily is disappointing that it doesn't sport the Jingle lol, but I look at it this way personally; Since the hardened edition and a season pass would be about $130 for me *80 for the hardened edition so I can get the Giant Map and then 50 for the season pass* I'm only effectively paying $70 for the fridge. Even less if you consider the 3 in game skin packs, the digital soundtrack, steelbook case, high quality coasters, and art cards. So tallying all that up I'd say is at least $20, which to me means I'm paying only $50 for a really cool looking fridge with lights and sounds.

True but I can't see any possible reason as to why they wouldn't add the jingle.
It makes the least amount of sense to not add the jingle.

I'm just getting the hardened edition so I still get The Giant at release and I'll probably pick up the season pass at release.

• Like 1

Spider3000    140

The last snippet is the sound cue heard when the Mystery box moves to another location.

Awards

The last snippet is the sound cue heard when the Mystery box moves to another location.

Ah yes, thank you. I had a feeling it had to do with the Mystery Box lol.

Rissole25    378

I actually want to know if I can turn off the sound. I feel like that could get annoying in my dorm if I decide to get this down the line.

Just imagine if your sleeping and someone opens it haha. I'd probably start dreaming of zombies or instinctively wake up and think someone was playing a game or I had left it on.

BennetsGreen    13

don't worry, I've been looking at re making an actual vintage coke machine and turn it into the jugg machine (for my beers of course). if anyone wants me to show them and i can probably add new sounds or you can just put a new system and de-activate the other (which can be easily re activated) to play the jug song. 

vendo_44_coca-cola_machine.jpg

• Like 2

Awards

Vyhl    15

don't worry, I've been looking at re making an actual vintage coke machine and turn it into the jugg machine (for my beers of course). if anyone wants me to show them and i can probably add new sounds or you can just put a new system and de-activate the other (which can be easily re activated) to play the jug song. 

I'd love to have the ability to do this. Much respect for it man.

Definitely cool man!

ETEl2NAL407    21

I was just going to suggest that we get the mini jug fridge and crack it open for some modifications. I have a strong knowledge of sound equipment and electrical sensors, so it shouldn't be too difficult. 

I'm planning on getting the mini jug fridge (if I'm not too late) and if I of, I'll attempt to mod in the jug jingle and post a tutorial. 

Still, a full sized, fully modded machine like you're planning is far cooler.

Edited by ETEl2NAL407

M1CK3YB33    0
On Wed Jul 15 2015 16:00:03 GMT+0800, BennetsGreen said:

Yes hello I'm an electrician handy with electronics.  Soon as I receive the one I got off ebay real keen to make a modified version.  Can the people in the mix with this one keep us notified

My fear is that the fridge has been made with plastic that has been joined by heat so you can't access the circuitry without breaking the enclosure

I also noted someone posted online that your not to use the fridge for more than 12 hours a day.  Probably uses cheap as shit fan motors and heat exchange piping. Should look into plumbing it up to last

There are also PICAXE micro controller kits which can play music off an SD card. Parts can be found on the Google. 

Bear in mind I haven't seen the fridge yet and nobody has posted schematics

But I definately want to hear the old

you need a little reviiveeee

M1CK3YB33    0

Is anybody able to upload a photo showing the door open switch or whatever is used to trigger the noise, whether or not there are any visible screws on the fridge,  any piping which is visible and any technically important points which could be helpful in brainstorming how to  get this bad boy apart and modded.  Anything and everything is useful!  

Cheers

NaBrZHunter    488
14 hours ago, M1CK3YB33 said:

Is anybody able to upload a photo showing the door open switch or whatever is used to trigger the noise, whether or not there are any visible screws on the fridge,  any piping which is visible and any technically important points which could be helpful in brainstorming how to  get this bad boy apart and modded.  Anything and everything is useful!  

Cheers

Probably magnetic.

• Like 1

M1CK3YB33    0

So it seems:

Fridge is 110-240V in which uses a peltier block and assumably a thermostat instead of a heat exchange. 

From what is gathered the light emitting piece only consists of a bunch of RLC circuitry for sound filtering and a switch. 

Clearly this is the case because there is an audio in at the bottom,  

This says that the sound effects storage is below this internal to the fridge. 

I took the back off as far as the fan and peltier/heatsink but I thought I was going to break the thing if I dug a screwdriver too far into the foam filler bogged holes which may contain screws or they may just be heat welded plastic

PS the auxiliary piece is a real temperamental piece of junk. I am reading people posting online talking about no sound effects and light - it's because the connector internal has bad electrical continuity on its audio channels - spray some contact cleaner and gently move it side to side while in there to get good contact and then DON'T TOUCH IT haha 

I guess there is some truth to the bloody hand on the side of the fridge as it was made in a cheap Chinese sweatshop. And you definately get what you pay for. Some poor Chinese child is sending you a message in the form of poorly made electronics. "

Get us out of here "