Planned since 2013?

I have not seen anyone point this out.

Remember in Black Ops 1 & 2 where some of the loading screens had "previews" of the next map's loading screen?

For example, Call of the Dead's loading screen had a small bit of Ascension's loading screen on the top left corner and a bit of Shangri La's on the right and another example being Die Rise and Buried (to an extent).

Anyway back to my point, on the Buried loading screen, there appears to be blueprints on the top right corner and what map do we know that has blueprints for a loading screen?

Der Riese. AKA The Giant. (As Der Riese is German for The Giant for those who didn't know)

Origins' loading screen was not a "continuation" of the "comic book" screens we know. (From say Kino -> Buried)

Which, if I'm guessing correctly, then it could mean The Giant has been planned since 2013.

So this was something I realised. Apologies if someone has pointed it out before.

So what do you think?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has 1915 on it along with Maxis and Richtofens names. It chronologically cant appear in the comic book at that point, I don't think they are the same blue print especially since they look completely different

No they really were not. That is nothing like the page behind Buried, what is with the assumptions about the comic book lately.

The blueprints behind Buried say 1915 Maxis.

The Mauser's blueprints say 1915, Maxis.

Even though visually yeah they're not the same image they're referencing to the same thing, the Mauser pistol design made by Maxis.
This has been known since Treyarch posted the Mauser's design on their FB account.

The unknown blueprint is dated to 1915 and appears to say Richtofen and Maxis on it. It just seems to be referencing that time period, hinting at the upcoming Origins map. It's certainly not a blueprint from Der Riese.

I don't think they planned on going back to Der Riese, but it could have some serious story implications. Not to mention a blast to play. Can't wait.

image.jpg

Holy Fricken @Shooter! Brains to see you post again mate.

I think BOIII Zombies has been planned since the end of Black Ops & could even have hints of the upcoming map/s in Tranzit. 

I.E. - The Power Pole at the Bus Depot has what appears to be Pakistani/Afgani images & what we know is Urdu writing. 

I now think that was not just reused textures from the campaign but a hint that the Middle east is somehow connected. ~ Babylon.....?

Holy Fricken @Shooter! Brains to see you post again mate.

I think BOIII Zombies has been planned since the end of Black Ops & could even have hints of the upcoming map/s in Tranzit. 

I.E. - The Power Pole at the Bus Depot has what appears to be Pakistani/Afgani images & what we know is Urdu writing. 

I now think that was not just reused textures from the campaign but a hint that the Middle east is somehow connected. ~ Babylon.....?

Well, remember in Buried's cutscene it did show the N4 going through what looked like Pakistan.