Time Traveller Theory

Nemesis_96

Anyone else get the feeling that the young crew are really experienced time travelers in The Giant trailer?

Like pretty much everything they say points to them already knowing the events of the future, even though supposedly they're from WWI.

"Do you know who I am?" "Yeah, we know."

"A great evil approaches. There is a chain of events that must be set in motion."

"The future hangs by a thread. We must awaken the test subjects."

"Goddamit Richtofen I thought we were done with this!" "

"Only a fool would dare to change history." "I am no fool. What I do, I do only to secure a better tomorrow."

My guess is that they're like a cleanup squad, chasing one step behind the Vril-Ya/ Illuminati/ whoever's causing all the chaos. Back in origins there was that drawing showing them as knights, but still the same age, with all those people looking up to them as heroes/ maybe even worshiping them.

ovZLSu5.png

Then there's Dempsey's weird wrist gadget, I don't know if anyone ever found out what it was, but I can't recognise it as any real object so my guess is it's a way of determining what year they're in. Or maybe it's something to isolate a moment in time, which would explain the stopped clock. Just spitballing now really haha...

Tank_Dempsey_Origins_BOII.png

It leads me to think that there are two sets of the crew for some reason, this young crew who go round travelling in time fixing stuff, and the original, older crew who are partly at fault for all this mess. It may even be that the boy Eddy in the Origins cutscene grows up to become young crew Richtofen. It feels like they are living in a world where zombie attacks are normal, hence all the toys and the bunker being a normality. Maxis' "idea" could be a time travel device to go back and fix all this shiz!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"March 2 - 1918
My leadership & victory at the battle of Mukden has been brought to the attention of the Emperor himself. I have been instructed to meet with him on a matter of great importance to our Nation.
Perhaps the Emperor recognizes the continued importance of the Samurai traditions, even in these times of great cultural change...
Though I cannot explain why, every step I take towards my target brings with it a grieving sense of dread.
I am haunted by twisted dreams that seem to grow increasingly vivid with each passing night. Perhaps the spirits of my ancestors seek to warn me of a dark, uncertain future..."
— Takeo Masaki
Edited by Matuzz
"March 2 - 1918
My leadership & victory at the battle of Mukden has been brought to the attention of the Emperor himself. I have been instructed to meet with him on a matter of great importance to our Nation.
Perhaps the Emperor recognizes the continued importance of the Samurai traditions, even in these times of great cultural change...
Though I cannot explain why, every step I take towards my target brings with it a grieving sense of dread.
I am haunted by twisted dreams that seem to grow increasingly vivid with each passing night. Perhaps the spirits of my ancestors seek to warn me of a dark, uncertain future..."
— Takeo Masaki

Could be a possibility that he knows what happens in the future if he can't stop it, so he has nightmares about it.

Playing some Origins, I'm thinking this makes more and more sense: (btw note the cutscene in game is sightly different to the one Treyarch uploaded as a trailer)

"It began long ago, on the battlefield of the great war" - Looking back it feels like Samantha is dramatising a story from decades ago, like we would with any war story. Supports my idea of Eddy growing up to become a time traveller.

"As an ancient evil ravaged the front lines, the hopes of the allies rested on the shoulders of three soldiers sent to stop it." - Naturally we'd assume they were sent from the present time, but what if they were sent from the future? Though this is kind of conflicting, because the three are Tak, Tank and Nikolai so if Richtofen was a time travelling agent too, why would he be separate and why would he be cutting Maxis' forehead off lol... hm.