Sign in to follow this  
Vyhl

Amount of Zombies.

Zombie count.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the max amount of zombies you want on screen?

• 24 ( What we've had since WaW)
    • 50+ ( obviously would need a GIANT map for this one)

Vyhl    15

As many of you know in WaW, BO1, and BO2 ( I think this still holds true, correct me if I'm wrong) the max amount of zombies able to be on screen at one time is 24. I know in WaW specifically for solo only 24 would spawn in each round, but thats not what Im talking about.

Im talking about when you have a full train rounded up and one will die out randomly so the game doesn't crash because you've reached the max amount of zombies on your screen at once. Now my question is, does anyone think for the current gen versions (PS4, Xbox One) that we'll be able to have more zombies on screen at once? 36? 48 possibly? I for one really hope we'll be able too. Trains just don't look too scary or impressive nowadays.

Also, do you think more zombies would be better or worse?

Lenne    415

Hm... I am pretty sure we will see more zombies. 36 would be a nice number. But not too many cause I don't want the game to be a lag party like BO II.

How many zombies do spawn in Exo Zombies?

Does anyone know that?

Matuzz    218

I want unlimited mode wehere there is no rounds and zombies just keep spawning faster and faster untill you die.

Vyhl    15

Hm... I am pretty sure we will see more zombies. 36 would be a nice number. But not too many cause I don't want the game to be a lag party like BO II.

How many zombies do spawn in Exo Zombies?

Does anyone know that?

I agree, 36, maybe even just bumped a little up to 40 would a good spot. I wonder if that could result in Zombies being a little easier though since that'd let us get a lot more points quickly than we can now.

Actually scratch that, I just remember the bank is a thing and allows for super easy setting up at round 2.

Spider3000    140

36 is the sweet spot for me. Not too much, not too little. I think going up to 48 would be too much, so never mind 50+.

Awards

I really don't think we should bother with more zombies especially if it means laggier games. I'm good with good ole 24. Maybe just bump that up to 30? 

Spider3000    140

I really don't think we should bother with more zombies especially if it means laggier games. I'm good with good ole 24. Maybe just bump that up to 30? 

You our need to remember we're using current-gen technology now as well. This isn't like Origins, where you'd spam the Fire Staff in Origins, and before you know it you're down. Current-gen should be able to handle that type of stuff now.

Awards

You our need to remember we're using current-gen technology now as well. This isn't like Origins, where you'd spam the Fire Staff in Origins, and before you know it you're down. Current-gen should be able to handle that type of stuff now.

What many fail to understand is even with next-gen tech, that's not going to fix the ever-present issue of bandwidth allowance: too much strain on bandwidth, it gets laggier. 

We've reached the age where it's not the console, it's the networks that need to be improved. Don't believe me? Go play a game of Exo-zombies on a wifi router alone at home with randoms. LAG-TO-HIGH-HELL. 

Vyhl    15

What many fail to understand is even with next-gen tech, that's not going to fix the ever-present issue of bandwidth allowance: too much strain on bandwidth, it gets laggier. 

We've reached the age where it's not the console, it's the networks that need to be improved. Don't believe me? Go play a game of Exo-zombies on a wifi router alone at home with randoms. LAG-TO-HIGH-HELL. 

Good point, I'd still like to see the number of zombies bumped up to 30 at least.

I hate how defensive people get though when you try to tell them their internet isnt that great :/ I know mine sucks right now, gonna get it upgraded once I move out.

Mine's REALLY bad. Upload speed of 1, and download is constantly phasing between 5 and 1 when it's working at all. 

When I start college again in august I'm trying a new internet source. 

yourmapper    22

Remember in the Tranzit in-game trailer when they showed over 50 zombies at once in an overhead view in town?  Yeah, that didn't happen! 

I'd like to see more, like 36 at a time.

I want to see a little more just because it's a new generation of consoles and the map seems pretty big too, so it wouldn't make sense for there to be still a relatively small amount of zombies (in my humble opinion). More zombies could mean more trickier situations I'll have to weasel my way out of and that prospect excites me.

On a side note, was totally disappointed by that Tranzit trailer because I totally believed there was going to be a game mode or even possibly as part of an EE that at some point we would've had to fend off an insane amount of zombies at once. Maybe that dream will yet live in BO3.

Bonus question: Are we sure there were only ever 24 zombies on the map in BO2 at any given time? It seemed like there were a few more than that at times. But I guess it was hard to tell because it's not exactly easy to count them when a whole hoard is chasing you.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

I would love to have more zombies, but 48 would be too much in the age of one shot 100 kill WW's (Sliquifier, Ice staff, Fire staff, etc). 

I would imagine with it being cross gen, the amount of zombies would be a relatively easy thing to increase, and would help set the games apart.

36 would be great though. Not too high so one shot can end a round, not too little to make it easy. 

Vyhl    15

Remember in the Tranzit in-game trailer when they showed over 50 zombies at once in an overhead view in town?  Yeah, that didn't happen! 

That shot had me excited before BO2 came out and then I got real disappointed.

Bonus question: Are we sure there were only ever 24 zombies on the map in BO2 at any given time? It seemed like there were a few more than that at times. But I guess it was hard to tell because it's not exactly easy to count them when a whole hoard is chasing you.

There was way more than 24 on the map at a given time yes, but only 24 could be on screen at one time. 
Like, 2 people could each have a train of 24 at totally different sides of the map but if another zombie came close to either players pov then another one would die out because the game would otherwise crash or lag a ton with so many on screen at one point.

• Like 1

That makes sense, because I remember multiple times where I would have a sizable train built up and and one of my friends saying he also had a train where he was that was of decent size.

The Clay Bird    173

That shot had me excited before BO2 came out and then I got real disappointed.

There was way more than 24 on the map at a given time yes, but only 24 could be on screen at one time. 
Like, 2 people could each have a train of 24 at totally different sides of the map but if another zombie came close to either players pov then another one would die out because the game would otherwise crash or lag a ton with so many on screen at one point.

Pretty sure that is incorrect.  

the amount that were actually on a screen would make no difference to how much the engine could handle.  Just because i run the opposite direction of a train of 24 so they aren't on the screen, that doesn't allow 24 more to spawn ahead of me.  24 was the limit and that's that

Slade    270

That is indeed incorrect.
WaW, BO1 and BO2 all had a limit of 24 zombies max on the map at any given time.
Little obscure fact: when you're playing splitscreen that amount is reduced to 20.

• Like 1

I hated playing on splitscreen, the framerate alone was atrocious. And this might be because I'm American but I've never liked having only half the screen while playing a game. But it's good to know there's even less incentive to play splitscreen now.

Vyhl    15

Ah, thanks everyone for being polite about letting me know. Could've sword me and my friends have each had full trains at the same time though. Oh well.

Still wishing for 36 zombies on screen.

Lenne    415

That is indeed incorrect.
WaW, BO1 and BO2 all had a limit of 24 zombies max on the map at any given time.
Little obscure fact: when you're playing splitscreen that amount is reduced to 20.

"If we did add one more zombie the game would crash."

- Jimmy 

:P

What happens when you play online split screen though?

Oh. 

Sick post, mate.

• Like 1

MegaAfroMan    117

I'd like to see the number be higher for a baseline, but not much more. 36ish seems good.

If technology permits, I'd be glad with 24 normally, but then as a 'boss wave' the cap is raised to the maximum allowed by the tech (hopefully well over 50) and the spawns are just rapid and endless for some 3 minute period.