PS4 artwork appears to show more than 2 zombie maps!

I saw this image being tweeted out earlier and it appears to show 3 other maps that could possibly be on the stock disc. If anyone can find a bigger version of the image it may have something worth seeing on it.

CJqhNEeWsAA-Uhe.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.8f82

We see Shadows of Evil at the top and The Giant at the bottom, but what are the other 3? Surely they can't be DLC maps as there would be 4 more images and it would be a bit early to announce something like that. Could we possibly be getting more that 2 maps upon release?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find, John! I definitely think there's going to be more than two maps available at launch. Heck, I'd go so far as to say that the base game will have three. However, it's entirely possible that the other pictures are just variations of SoE and/or The Giant. I mean, we saw a lot of varied pictures in the Snapchat thread, right?

However, it's entirely possible that the other pictures are just variations of SoE and/or The Giant. I mean, we saw a lot of varied pictures in the Snapchat thread, right?

That is true. They could indeed just be variations of the SoE posters. With them beefing up the stock Black Ops 2 game with the 2 alternative game modes (Grief/Turned) and the 3 break away maps I also expect more than 2 maps or some other modes.

If we could find a blown up clearer version of that image though we could see the faces on the other posters and that would help give up an idea.

I'm thinking it's just more SoE posters, but to have more confirmed maps would be pretty sweet. However I don't think we'll be getting secondary maps unless they're DLC. They didn't have to put Nuketown Z and The Giant as DLC but they did.

I feel like with BO2 that they felt TranZit (and it's portions) were enough "maps" to have on disk, while having Nuketown as an incentive to get the special editions/season pass. However, with BO3, they've had a considerable amount of time which they didn't have before, and I cannot see that going towards only a MotD style map and a remake. Unless SoE is absolutely huge and bonkers, in which case, I'm fine with. Plus, the special edition this year caters directly to Zombies players, so it makes sense for them to include a remake of arguably the most favoured map in Zombies history.

I really hope I'm wrong haha. But I just feel like they'll do a TranZit, and just cut off areas, call that Survival, Grief, etc, and call it a day. However, I would love if they had a secret Zombies map unlock after beating the campaign. That was missing in BO2.

There were some clear photos on the callofduty-snapchat earlier today. Don't know if they've been posted already, but they are definitely relevant in this post.

image1.thumb.png.3538cbdf5420f57a45cf4f5

A closer view of the posters:

image2.thumb.png.0697d01d43e061e2eb0cdf1

image4.thumb.png.25eb8f85e62072288fdd89a

image3.thumb.png.5054df831cc249b1f6f40a8

As sad as it is to say, it is pretty clear that this is just Call of The Dead, Mob of The Dead, Origins, The Giant and Shadows of Evil, respectively.

Edited by WillyWonka

No! I hope they reveal the box soon, it seems weird that they haven't done it this time. Maybe its what the mystery box looks like so they don't want to reveal it yet.

They said they were only had the idea of one remake on the table right now. I can't imagine they'd randomly re-make those 3 maps either, MOTD and origins made sense, but COTD? That's the most random map ever. I think those two posters are simply there to look cool. 

It's not the most random...Richtofen was stationed there for quite some time and where the experiments on the O4 happened including our mystery portrait man from Kino. Heck, the remake could be during the 40's still while everything is intact and not destroyed by the landscape.

But I do agree though, they're probably just there to look cool.

yeah based on those snap chat images, it seems that this isn't indicating 5 maps at launch, in fact it indicates to me that there will in fact just be the two.  otherwise where are the posters for any other ones?  

Yep, it looks like that is the case indeed. If we are only getting one stock map then I have to imagine it will be a pretty big map and there will also be additional game modes to beef it up. Here's hoping we get a hidden, unlockable map like we did with Five.

yeah based on those snap chat images, it seems that this isn't indicating 5 maps at launch, in fact it indicates to me that there will in fact just be the two.  otherwise where are the posters for any other ones?  

Yep, it looks like that is the case indeed. If we are only getting one stock map then I have to imagine it will be a pretty big map and there will also be additional game modes to beef it up. Here's hoping we get a hidden, unlockable map like we did with Five.

That would be ideal.  It's clear that they understand the hype for zombies is undeniably higher than any other facet of the game, so I would have to imagine that they wouldn't just show their complete hand to us in one swift punch at comic-con