Gumballs

Ok, so we have 3 confirmed gum-balls right now. 

-Purple solid: Allows one to become oblivious to zombies

NOTE: In the trailer I believe these were flopped, it'd make more sense if the RED explosion when a zombie's HAND touches you to link up with the RED gumball with the hazard triangle and a zombies HAND inside of it. Then the ? would link to random drops appearing. 

-Red- Causes a high-powered AOE attack when the player is struck. 

-Purple Swirl- Causes drops to appear randomly. 

Now... I don't know about you guys but these effects are... SUPER over-powered.  I DON'T think gum-balls are "Perks" in this sense. I think the gum is more of a buff that can be applied temporarily. So you get a random gumball for say, 1000, and you become invisible to zombies for a short time, or you can blow them up when they swipe you, or you can make perks spawn, ect. 

But... If that's the case where do perks come in? We've seen ZERO perks in the trailer, and I can't imagine the gum-ball machine being the only way to aquire perks because. 

-Juggernog gum? What am I just meant to keep buying the perk back every time it goes sour? 

-It's much too random. It'd be like wonderfizz is the ONLY perk on the map. Which would be a cool gimmick for a survival map, but a big map like this REQUIRES jug to survive and if you need to bypass at least 3 perks, 3 gumball flavors, and what I presume is a teddy-bear gumball I doubt jug would even be possible for everyone to get as their priority perk. 

If that IS the case then where are the perks? In the whole trailer we never saw one perk machine! Could it be all the perks are located in areas not seen in the trailer? Or maybe we did see perks and didn't realize it...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt, and sincerely hope, they don't do that. 

I want the ability to lose my perk, and pay for it back, and not hear another word about using an XP progression to gain access to new things. 

to be honest. This i what has me worried the most. Assuming we have loadout customizable via the progression system who knows what options we will have or unlocks to earn.

I realy hope this is not tooo new.

You know what, honestly, I would not be against no jugg machine. 

DONT PICK UP THE SHOTGUN YET LET ME EXPLAIN.

...I like a challenge and jugg makes things easy (ive been around for a while so excuse me if I can run without jugg for at least 13 rounds) 

Tying progression to a slot machine isn't a good thing imo. There's a lot of things to do early on, and not many points to do it with. 

If Jugg returns as a gumball machine, the timing of the Jugg fridge is kind of brilliant. 

Didn't they say zombies was getting a story AND multiplayer mode? What if the perks machines are MP exclusive? Meanwhile, Story Mode uses the gumball machines. Story mode could just be objective based and not necessarily round based. So you're given more health compared to MP so you don't need something like Jug and why random powerups are available instead. Maybe perks are actually progression based. The first couple objectives are relatively easy, making perks not really a necessity. The later objectives might require perks, but you should have already unlocked them so you can equip them. Has anyone considered that Shadows of Evil might not actually be like the Zombie mode we're used to? Seeing that the campaign is 4 player co-op, why not Zombies as well? The Giant and all DLC after that might be the Survival mode we know and love.

Didn't they say zombies was getting a story AND multiplayer mode? What if the perks machines are MP exclusive? Meanwhile, Story Mode uses the gumball machines. Story mode could just be objective based and not necessarily round based. So you're given more health compared to MP so you don't need something like Jug and why random powerups are available instead. Maybe perks are actually progression based. The first couple objectives are relatively easy, making perks not really a necessity. The later objectives might require perks, but you should have already unlocked them so you can equip them. Has anyone considered that Shadows of Evil might not actually be like the Zombie mode we're used to? Seeing that the campaign is 4 player co-op, why not Zombies as well? The Giant and all DLC after that might be the Survival mode we know and love.

What universe did they announce that in?

unless I'm reading this wrong, ours.

story.jpg

I wouldn't look to much into that. They basically said that about BO2, having a "Story Mode" (which is literally what we always had) and the classic "Survival Mode", which again is the same thing we always had, except it was only the Green Run maps and Nuketown that happened on.

story.jpg

Where is that from?

They're definitely not perks and I think they'll just last a few seconds like power up drops.

story.jpg

Where is that from?

It's from BO3's wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops_III

The source leads to this http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/25/8848757/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-zombies-reveal 

which doesn't mention anything about a story/multiplayer modes for the zombies game mode, though.

Edited by Iuke

They're definitely not perks and I think they'll just last a few seconds like power up drops.

story.jpg

Where is that from?

It's from BO3's wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops_III

The source leads to this http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/25/8848757/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-zombies-reveal 

which doesn't mention anything about a story/multiplayer modes for the zombies game mode, though.

So it's not a legitimate source then and we can move past this info.

PEOPLE! Relax. 

What is also ambitious and something we've yet to see is a sort of bar-area of the map in which we can find ALL the perks in one small area. 

What would be absolutely thrilling would be if we didn't see any of the perks because the map is just that big and not developed yet!. 

Here are the issues we have: 

The gum-balls we know are TOO OP for permanent use. 

If there are perks inside would they be temporary? 

If there are perks inside would there be specific machines where I could get jug/speedcola/quick revive? Because otherwise that just seems like a wonderfizz-only map. 

If there arn't perks inside, where are the perks? 

There's also the chance that perks simply have yet to be coded and put in. 

I'm 99% sure this is basically going to be a random power-up machine guys. Notice how the first one basically activates Zombie-blood? The second literally spawns a random power-up? The last one causes a mini-nuke to go off? These don't act exactly like normal power-ups, but I'm sure treyarch wouldn't make a "spam me for infinite max ammo" machine. It probably gives you a more brief, yet fancier power-up alternative on command. 

No one has mentioned it yet but take a closer look at the pictures and you will see that there is more than one gumball machine in the map. one can be found next to the bar and another can be found near some railing in the main area. It is likely that these perk machines are not actual perks but rather Sub Perks that are quick and temporary without occupying a perk space. Kind of like the buildables which can be activated at any time using a D Pad but once it's gone you need to get a new one. 

The machine itself might act like a mystery box or wunderfizz as it transports itself to different locations once it has been used enough times .

Also doesn't that look like a 

f7469141f5350853e7d28793c9af6361.png