Sign in to follow this  
Stop Mocking Me0

I hate people... So much..

Rant initiated: 

So many people I've found between now and yesterday have done nothing but mope and judge the SOE trailer, "Because it doesn't have the O4 or the N4". 

SO MANY PEOPLE.... What they need to realize is that there's TWO maps released on launch day (one of which is a bonus map like nuke town). UUUUUGGGG! 

Chances are we arn't even fallowing this crew after this map, it's literally just us getting the "of the dead" map early because of how, If I had to guess, we're in hell..... But people just don't bother, they see the trailer and make assumptions. No thought put into it at all.... UUUGGG! It's infuriating. 

I wouldn't consider the "rant" post worthy of a new thread, but at the end of the day people are entitled to feel a bit unnerving seeing as the game looks like it has gone in a very different direction that expected and with the flying mosters and 3 headed what ever you call it it looks a bit weird to say the least.

I am fine with embracing it though. Not entirely thrilled but I will wait and see what the plan of action is by Treyarch before I start burning down the internet. If the map is not actually set in hell or purgatory then I will probably feel some disdain towards the storyline for going all Resident Evil on us by introducing ridiculous monsters rather than trying to salvage what they could from the wreckage left over from BO2.

I haven't seen like any people say that. I mean, we're getting The Giant anyways, so what's there to complain about?

Besides, the aesthetics of the new map is too good to pass up.

It's mainly youtube comments that are strait irking me. This map is being judged before we can confirm a single perk is in it!

That I can definitely agree on but unfortunately most of these YT comments are from young kids. They don't know what they want and will moan at anything to get attention. I will admit now the new Shadows of Evil map looks very different and has some unappealling features but until we see more or actual gameplay we can only speculate.

I am convinced it will be a lot better than we think it will, but still a strange choice of map to give us as the stock map. I expect more to it than just this though. A lot more.

• Like 1

Tasha    86

This map is being judged before we can confirm a single perk is in it!

Welcome to the internet.

• Like 3

Awards

Let them think what they think. All that matters is if you like it. Who cares what others think? Personally, I thought I'd absolutely despise Buried, but as it turned out, I really enjoyed it. Just give the people time to let this map sizzle with them.

I do like it, a lot more then I should. Want to know why? Because I see a big ass map with no fog and a reasonable level of verticality. I hope we're given the option to jump off of railings to lower floors! Some seriously sexy trains could be run there!

• Like 1

Exactly. I'm also very excited for this map. It has a ton of potential, and it's set during one my favourite time periods.

• Like 2

The Clay Bird    173

Exactly. I'm also very excited for this map. It has a ton of potential, and it's set during one my favourite time periods.

i couldn't agree more.  i'm loving the prohibition era vibe.  yeah it may not seem as ominous as verruckt and what not, but I think they really ditched that aesthetic back in BO1

Reaper2909    1

Looks really nice, the kraken reminds me of the extinction one. Maybe they will get more players in there that normaly don't love zombies so much, because they die so fast. Now they can act more like in extinction and attack some big Beast.

BEYOND    1

Everything is gonna have haters. Even if this new map featured characters we know, people will still find something to complain about.

I like the Demons in Shadows of Evil. I think it fits the whole Zombies storyline. I mean we already have denizens and Hellhounds and I myself have used Demons in my Revisited Concepts. The thought of Creepy creatures from another Dimension gets my monster boner really hard. 

Reaper2909    1

What i mean is not story related it's Activision money related. They want more people play and buy zombie dlc. When you look at forums from ghosts many people complain about game mechanic from zombies, extinction was easier to play than zombies. And have big Aliens, Monster or whatever you call it. They want fun and not have it when they die in round 5. That's the reason they give you something like permajug over the XP progression i think, same like permajug in BO2 for the noobs. Oh sorry i mean persistent, dont shit on me ;)

The Clay Bird    173

What i mean is not story related it's Activision money related. They want more people play and buy zombie dlc. When you look at forums from ghosts many people complain about game mechanic from zombies, extinction was easier to play than zombies. And have big Aliens, Monster or whatever you call it. They want fun and not have it when they die in round 5. That's the reason they give you something like permajug over the XP progression i think, same like permajug in BO2 for the noobs. Oh sorry i mean persistent, dont shit on me ;)

Did people really think extinction was easier than zombies?  Extinction wasn't fun to me because it was too hard i thought!

Rissole25    378

They might think its easier in terms of end goal, compared to say Easter eggs. I have a friend who prefers Extinction just because it has an ending.

Youtube comments are disgusting. I pay no attention to them. We literally got a Der Riese remake, the 'pinnacle' of zombies, and people still complain

Spider3000    140

They might think its easier in terms of end goal, compared to say Easter eggs. I have a friend who prefers Extinction just because it has an ending.

Youtube comments are disgusting. I pay no attention to them. We literally got a Der Riese remake, the 'pinnacle' of zombies, and people still complain

Not everyone is gonna be happy with a Der Riese remake, since A: a lot of people have their old consoles still, and could play Der Riese on that, and B: People would prefer a new map instead of a remake to take the spot. I'm personally happy with getting Der Riese again, but I understand where those people are coming from.

Awards

WillyWonka    21

Not everyone is gonna be happy with a Der Riese remake, since A: a lot of people have their old consoles still, and could play Der Riese on that, and B: People would prefer a new map instead of a remake to take the spot. I'm personally happy with getting Der Riese again, but I understand where those people are coming from.

I wouldn't say it's "getting Der Riese again" though, the map will be completely different as we got there before it was smashed up and lit on fire, it will most likely be an entirely new experience.

That said, yeah, I understand where they are coming from.

Marky    1

My reply when I see these bullshit-ass comments.

Giga IV    0

i think people are hating on this map just because fans generally hate change yet they still ask for innovation, also this map reminds me alot of buried with its more comedic atmosphere.