Special Edition exclusive? Or Season Pass and Microtransaction?

Just wondering if you guys think that the map will be exclusive to the special editions, or avalible at a later date. I do t remember seeing the word exclusive anywhere in regards to "The Giant", just that it is a "bonus" map. I am assuming it will be like Nuketown Zombies. Chime in if you know otherwise.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did this last time with Nuketown. 

It's likely going to be advertised as part of the special edition, then advertised as part of the season's pass, then after DLC 1 they'll drop it as a micro-transaction. 

A zombies map wouldn't be worth anything if only usable by those who bought the product before it was released. 

It's likely going to be advertised as part of the special edition, then advertised as part of the season's pass, then after DLC 1 they'll drop it as a micro-transaction. 

Nuketown went public before DLC 1 dropped for BO2 so I expect the same to happen here with Der Riese. We will get it for roughly 4-6 weeks exclusively before it becomes a micro transaction.

Well I know that it was available to season pass holders in Decemeber on Xbox and PS3. Not sure when it was available to everyone else. Assumed the same time though, or maybe a few weeks later. I just remember getting the Hardened Edition just to get Nuketown then getting all pissy because my mate got it a few weeks later for a few bucks yet he didn't have the H.E.

Yea Nuketown was terrible terrible PR.  You tell people it's only available in Collector's Editions.  Then, the Sunday night before release (you have to give 24 hour notice to change a preorder so it's too late at this point for anyone to change), they say that Season Pass holders get access too.  So they lie to fans to get Collector's preorders, then open it up to anyone.

Still makes me not trust them at all.

I still remember dropping the extra $20 to get Nuketown Zombies, I thought it would've been like the classic maps for the first BO and I would have it exclusive for a long time. Then two of my buddies went to go buy the game a little while after release and got the codes for the map with their copies at no extra charge. Yet here I am, preodering the Hardened Edition again because I absolutely need to play this map at release and hoping I won't get burned a second time.

I'm at odds with Treyarch and bonus maps right now. 

BO1 was FANTASTIC, with the classic maps available to hardened only for many months, and then Moon for free.

BO2 was GARBAGE, with only one mediocre map at launch, and then the exclusive bonus map have zero days of true exclusivity.

BO3 could go either way, although I'm betting it'll follow BO2's path closer, because this map is releasing new story content, rather than just rereleasing old maps like BO1.

I was pretty thoroughly upset with BO2 though. I spent some $15 more on the hardended edition than I would have spent if I just bought Nuketown Zombies seperately, and for what? A terrible camo, an avatar prop, some coins, a box, and a playercard. 

I would take the option of the downwards linear progression of the past few games. I wouldn't be surprised if they released the map separately on the first day of release. 9 months > 2 weeks > 1 day. Seems to me to be the way things are going now. I'm not going to be bamboozled into buying any special edition of the game. Call of Duty is all about bundling the things you don't want (i.e. Multiplayer maps) with things you actually want (Zombies maps). Honestly they'd be lucky for me to even buy the base game, much less any special edition.

Honestly, ive been waiting for this for 3 years. Ive saved enough money for juggernog edition twice over. The only reason i didnt get it was because the pc edition didnt exist. 

My point is that I, a die hard fan, am willing to go to lengths to get the map anyway. I think the same can be said for this. A true fan will willing go the extra mile for this content. Therefore, treyarch, in BO2, had little reason to PR Nuketown. They know which fans they are pandering to.

I understand many people dont have 100+ disposible income, but if you really want to go that farm, that item is there.

and in most cases, the season pass comes with any edition that is like digital deluxe. On steam, the digital deluxe is 100 and includes pass and zombies plus content. In my eyes, thats already pretty fkin good.

I passed on the Jugg Edition simply for its lack of the Jingle. I mean why include 3 dumbass sounds that don't even go with the Perk.

I've gotta agree thou. I too bought the Hardened Ed. of Blops I & (therefore) II. After the shenanigans that was Nuketown Zombies, I was hesitant on getting the Blops III version. 

Regardless I went ahead & did so, merely because I'm more excited for "The Giant" than I am "SoE". Hopefully this year's Zombies will be the best to date (being on Next-Gen & not having anymore EXCUSES).

I passed on the Jugg Edition simply for its lack of the Jingle. I mean why include 3 dumbass sounds that don't even go with the Perk.

I've gotta agree thou. I too bought the Hardened Ed. of Blops I & (therefore) II. After the shenanigans that was Nuketown Zombies, I was hesitant on getting the Blops III version. 

Regardless I went ahead & did so, merely because I'm more excited for "The Giant" than I am "SoE". Hopefully this year's Zombies will be the best to date (being on Next-Gen & not having anymore EXCUSES).

Technically last gen is getting the SOE map, I'm not sure about "The giant".

Is lastt Gen getting SOE in full?

I mean, last I heard (which admittedly was some time ago), Treyarch was responsible solely for the development of the next gen titles, and Activision handed the task of TRYING to fit as much of the full experience as possible in the last gen discs to a separate developer.

So although their intent is to fit zombies on last gen, it may be scaled down, or entirely seperate (BO zombies for Nintendo DS anyone?)

So we don't know if SOE in full or even at all will be on last gen.

• Moderators

Is lastt Gen getting SOE in full?

I mean, last I heard (which admittedly was some time ago), Treyarch was responsible solely for the development of the next gen titles, and Activision handed the task of TRYING to fit as much of the full experience as possible in the last gen discs to a separate developer.

So although their intent is to fit zombies on last gen, it may be scaled down, or entirely seperate (BO zombies for Nintendo DS anyone?)

So we don't know if SOE in full or even at all will be on last gen.

My bet is yes it will just be really ugly.

Now the dlc maps for next and last gen will be different.

Here is the proof: Click me . 

Okay this doesn't clearly state that the dlc maps will be different but I think it is safe to assume at this point.

Edited by Lenne