Sign in to follow this  
Rissole25

Zombie Terms/Acronyms

Rissole25    378

Hey all, we were in the chat today discussing all this new zombies info, and we were discussing groups like O4, N4, and it started getting clustered up with all these acronyms. So I decided to make this short post about terms in Zombies that new guys or just anyone in general may not be familiar with. I'm using the most common terms I've seen, but feel free to disagree or add a term. I may have used the wrong names on some, like MDT and MPD for example.

O4: Original Four/Old Four - This typically refers to Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki and Edward Richtofen shown between Shi No Numa and Moon. Occasionally people will include Samantha Maxis while she is inside Richtofen's body.

N4: New Four - This refers to Abigail "Misty" Briarton, Marlton Johnson, Russman, and Samuel Stuhlinger. Also known as the Green Run Group, or T4 (TranZit Four)

NO4: New Old Four/New Original Four - This refers to Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki and Edward Richtofen shown in Origins and now The Giant onwards. Some times called the Origins crew.

SOE4/S4: Shadows of Evil Four/Shadows Four (we don't have a better name for them right now, and Noir Four can't work obviously) - Refers to the "Femme Fatal" Jessica, the "Magician" Nero, the "Cop" Jack Vincent, and the "Boxer" Campbell.

DA: Demonic Announcer - The announcer in the Zombies mode. Is a title and possibly an entity. Has been/is Samantha Maxis, Edward Richtofen, Ludvig Maxis, possibly Brutus, possibly "Shadow Man".

M.P.D.: Moon Pyramid Device - Refers to the pyramid device Samantha Maxis is inside on Moon, and is a gateway/tether to the Aether.

M.T.D./M.D.T.: Matter Transferal Device/Multi-Dimensional Teleporter - These are the teleporters we see in Der Riese and various other places.

P.E.S.: Pressurized External Suit - This is the suit you wear in Moon to allow you to breathe outside on the surface.

TAM 23: Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 - Refers to the buildable Wonder Weapon in TranZit. Also known as Jet Gun.

PAP: Pack-a-Punch - This refers to the Pack-a-Punch Machine in most zombie maps that upgrades your weapon.

NDU: Nacht der Untoten - This refers to the very first zombies map in World at War and Black Ops.

SNN: Shi No Numa - Refers to the third map in World at War and Black Ops.

KDT: Kino der Toten - The first zombies map in Black Ops.

COTD: Call of the Dead - This refers to the 2nd DLC zombies map in Black Ops.

NTZ: Nuketown Zombies - Refers to the bonus DLC zombies map in Black Ops 2.

MOTD: Mob of the Dead - Refers to the 2nd DLC zombies map in Black Ops 2

SOE: Shadows of Evil - The first zombies map in Black Ops 3

CODZ: Call of Duty Zombies - Treyarch's Zombie mode, also this website. Sometimes includes Sledgehammer's Exo-Zombies mode.

CODZL: Call of Duty Zombie Labs - The possibly fictional zombie testing facility seen in the Moon trailers.

I believe that's it so far in for all confusing acronyms. Let me know if you think some should be different or would want some added.

Edited by Rissole25
  • Like 3

.... I always thought it was: 

P.E.S: Personal Environment Suit

MTD: Mater transference Device

You should also include:

COTD: Call of the Dead

MOTD: Mob of the Dead

Rissole25    378

Yeah I always thought it was the MTD, but apparently it's the MDT. I'm just going by the CoD Wiki for most of these mind you.

Added maps onto it.

Yeah I always thought it was the MTD, but apparently it's the MDT. I'm just going by the CoD Wiki for most of these mind you.

Added maps onto it.

It is MTD. They never call it Matter Device Teleporter  (which doesn't make sense). The wiki is not always right so don't believe it for everything.

Rissole25    378

It is MTD. They never call it Matter Device Teleporter  (which doesn't make sense). The wiki is not always right so don't believe it for everything.

Your not wrong, but Richtofen says MDT in the Kino opening.

Edited by Rissole25

In that Kino opening, his name is spelled RICHTOFAN so I wouldn't rely on things such as spelling in it. I also kind of hear it as both MDT and MTD so I am confused now, if Richtofen didn't have an accent it would be easier to hear but I am not that lucky I guess.

Rissole25    378

I'll change it to MTD, but I'll keep MDT as well because I know people call that as well. They'll know what we mean anyway.

I'll add in T4 to the N4 as well.

Edited by Rissole25

I'll change it to MTD, but I'll keep MDT as well because I know people call that as well. They'll know what we mean anyway.

I'll add in T4 to the N4 as well.

Yeah that is a good idea. Maybe you should add COD Z as well?