Matuzz

What is going on with the story

Matuzz    217

So as we all know Black Ops II story was mess as I believe they just tried to introduce new players into the wolrd of zombies. The old story was simply too complicated and would require a lot of research from your average Joe to get into. So they crafted it into meaningless bipolar BS and ended it with Origins resetting the mess they created. Black Ops III however is taking the right steps forward into redeeming themselves in the eyes of the old fans who were left mostly a bit bitter.

What is going on? Well Black Ops III continues few things set in motion with Black Ops 1 and 2. Those are the Hell, Vrill-ya and sacrificing. And the Origins story of altering and some what "resetting" the story. Now I'll put key points of the story that lead here to as thigh package as I can. The Nazis find Element 115 that enables them to open a gate to Agartha trough Aether. Agartha however is controlled by great evil creatures called Vril-Ya. You could call the Agartha itself hell. These creatures require sacrifice and they crave souls as we have seen in the Moon where their Pyramid device was running with the economic power of souls.

21tOWgO.png

It's here to punish you for your sins

Because the Vril-ya got to Earth trough the Aether helped by Nazis they are now unleashing hell on Earth. We don't know yet their motives but they seem to be trialling evil people like the gangsters in Mob of the Dead and the new crew in Shadows of Evil. On the new trailer we see how the new crew is sacrificing a man in altar probably for a reward, just like the gangsters had to sacrifice some one to get away from their loop of hell and how in Call of the Dead when the crew sacrificed humanized zombie to get Vril generator as reward. I'm pretty sure the good people of Shangri-La who were in contact with these creatures were also making human sacrifices on their altar.

800pxcotdnewweaponinaction2_1.png EKsPDXv.png

Another path the story is going to is the continuing of Origins. Tank, Nikolai and Takeo get their way back into the future 1940's Der Riese where they meet Richtofen who unleashes a great evil who just happens to be the Richtofen from Origins. Now that is interesting. The time is starting to collapse and the worlds crash into each other.This is the reset of the original story. We start from the beginning of 1940's. Things are just different this time around. Vril-ya is already here. They have broken trough to our world. No longer are we fighting for who gets to control Agartha and be demigod. The world is controlled by the evil itself "shadow man". They altered the history and they master the control of time manipulation to suit their own unknown motives.

Now the question is can these creatures be stopped? Can we shut the Agartha?

dtQS8h4.png

Hey Richtofen what are you doing with the blood of the sinful?

Edited by Matuzz
  • Like 3

Rissole25    378

Great write up Matuzz. I'm curious as to how Samantha and Dr Maxis will factor into this. At the start of The Giant cutscene, you hear Richtofen teleporting Samantha, Maxis and Fluffy, which turns out they went to the Moon. As far as we know nothing has changed in that aspect, so Samantha still ends up in the MPD as the Announcer, and Maxis still ends up dying. Groph and Schuster made contact with Richtofen before that happens though, so I wonder since the O4 Richtofen is dead, whether the events still play out the same or what. Maybe we'll hear about them (and if we're lucky stuff about Sophia) in The Giant.

But yeah, if Samantha becomes announcer again, I wonder what (if any) her interactions will be regarding Shadow Man. I'm also curious on how the Origins ending cutscene relates to all of this, and whether the mobsters blood vials NO4 Richtofen carried will play apart in this connection that exists. :)

• Like 1

game78    0

Really interesting stuff. Def a lot of questions leading up to these new maps. Definitely get the feel the story's are linked and maybe heading in same direction.

Treyarch telling us that their are EE still to be done leads me to believe that we don't have all the pieces to this story yet. Atleast not the big pieces of how it leads into the new maps

The Clay Bird    173

interesting about the "Richtofen - blood of the sinful" being as origins Richtofen has the two blood vials with the prisoners numbers on them from MotD.  that's where things start coming together.  Good analysis @Matuzz !

Castun50    16

Great write up Matuzz. I'm curious as to how Samantha and Dr Maxis will factor into this. At the start of The Giant cutscene, you hear Richtofen teleporting Samantha, Maxis and Fluffy, which turns out they went to the Moon. As far as we know nothing has changed in that aspect, so Samantha still ends up in the MPD as the Announcer, and Maxis still ends up dying. Groph and Schuster made contact with Richtofen before that happens though, so I wonder since the O4 Richtofen is dead, whether the events still play out the same or what. Maybe we'll hear about them (and if we're lucky stuff about Sophia) in The Giant.

But yeah, if Samantha becomes announcer again, I wonder what (if any) her interactions will be regarding Shadow Man. I'm also curious on how the Origins ending cutscene relates to all of this, and whether the mobsters blood vials NO4 Richtofen carried will play apart in this connection that exists. :)

Maybe the vials from the mob of the dead guys got richtofin to der riese? I mean why else would he have had those vials? THE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS MADDNESS!

Awards

Lenne    412

This is shaping up to be a lot better than the BO II story.

Interesting that you think Treyarch did the BO II story because they didn't want to throw the rather complicated and secretive story line from WaW and BO1 at the players. Never thought about that.

yourmapper    22

I was going to do my own thread on this but instead here's a few questions I have.

Did the Origins 4, do something else between the end of Origins and The Giant?  They must have!  

So they are doing some Origins stuff around WW1, then open the gateway to Argatha, and enter.  Then they do something in Argatha, then get out back to our world somehow.  They then find one (or 4) teleporters that teleport them into The Giant before the events of Der Riese but right after Maxis and Sam are sent away.  

But they must have a reason for teleporting together to this time period (to stop Richtofen, plus more).  They have more knowledge and exprerience than their Origins selves do.  They've learned more and have made a specific plan to work together and teleport to Der Riese.

So what have they been doing?  What have they learned, where have they been?  What has happened during this missing time in our storyline - will new maps with them come out in DLC, or will we learn backstory some other way?

I haven't seen much talk about this side of the storyline, so if there is some talk please point me to it.  It this just all so obvious that no one has brought it up yet?

Side note: at some point the Origins 4 will go back to the Middle Ages and build the staves.  That's a map I want to play!  

• Like 1

Theres not anywhere that says they go to Agartha. From the looks of it they have been going through time and changing things so they can secure a better future, which I think essentially means they are going to save the world and fix the story for good. Samantha and Maxis could have told them of the future. I am guessing there story is what we are going to follow now, it makes the most sense. They may have also already done Primis but it would be a cool third unlockable map upon launch that is kind of like Nuketown.

yourmapper    22

I said they went to Argatha simply because usually finishing the easter egg in each map aligns with the overall narrative story arc in zombies (Buried choosing a side, Moon blowing up earth, etc, etc).  

I wonder if a Primus map will be the final map, much like Origins was.  Army of Darkness...

Only Maxis went into Agartha. We would get an Agartha map if we were to go into it. I would love a Primis map.

yourmapper    22

The Maxis drone went in, but don't you as a player Press Button to Access Teleporter to trigger the end?  I assumed that the 4 characters go in at that point, ie, teleport to Argatha, though they could have teleported somewhere else (though not The Giant since they don't have a plan/knowledge of the future yet).

My theory is that when they pressed it, that is when Samantha and/ or Maxis explained what needs to happen and then using their power they sent them around time and stuff to fix things.

The way I see it, in Origins, the same characters we've been playing as but in an alternate dimension (ie at their prime during the first world war, not the second) our heroes went into the portal which most likely took them to Agartha. There in Agartha, Sam from pre-moon (since time does not affect Agartha like it does in the real world) showed them what happens in an alternate dimension/timeline, or in other words, all the maps we have been playing up until Origins. She shows them this because the time traveling and possibly dimension crossing shenanigans of the O4, as well as the battle between Rictofen and Maxis was probably causing some pretty nasty ripple effects across the universe and other dimensions as well as releasing the Vril-ya unto the world, and who better to solve this situation than the very same people who caused this to happen, or at least alternate versions of them who are more, let's say noble. The cut-scene after completing the EE was more than likely Samantha's perception of what Agartha is in her eyes.

So now at The Giant, they went in with the hopes of setting things right. Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo believed some things needed to stay the same, or at the very least make minor changes. But Rictofen sees only one way to stop the horrible chain of events that follows, killing the evil alternate version of himself (our original Rictofen) before he can go on to do everything else he did to put himself in the MPD. The other test subjects they were speaking of I can only assume was the remainder of the O4 crew that we previously played as, as they would most likely agree to help out with fixing everything since they weren't maniacal evil bastards like O4 Rictofen was (R.I.P).

This is just my take on what the trailer for The Giant has provided us.I could be horribly wrong, and I'm already making a few assumptions here as it is. Feel free to fill in any gaps I left out or disagree on whatever I said, like I said much of this is speculation and until we play the map we probably won't know anything for sure.

Matuzz    217

Bump, wanted to bump this old thread now that we have played the maps and gone trough radios, quotes and Easter Eggs. Some elements from this original theory are debunked but I think some might still hold point and it's interesting to review things with new knowledge.