Shadow Man - Shadow Portrait In Kino?

TheNathanNS

This might be a really long stretch but based on this tweet from CharlieIntel:

68c5c8184bdfe942fb60cc8376410b1f.png

And the fact there's a new character called "Shadow Man", makes me think that maybe "Shadow Man" was with us long ago....

njZ3maK.jpg

Back in "Five" and Kino Der Toten this portrait was never revealed. Many theorised it to be Dr Maxis. Others theorised it to be Richtofen's Mexican subject.

But what if this was a sign Shadow Man was watching "all along", like he may be the Grim Reaper.

It would make sense, considering he may be a supernatural force as he knows the "BO3 4"'s secrets and past.

What do you think?

Possible or just a really blown out theory?

e: Bonus theory:

Apparently, during the early 1900s, some people believed the Devil roamed the Earth in the form of a human with a black mustache and top hat....

CJgU2_fVAAABWGL.jpg

Could "Shadow Man" be the Devil?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this sounds stupid but i'm really hyped up right now so I'm kind of losing control of what I say but.

What is Shadow Man is a Manifestation of the Darkness which is interdimensional ? He is a part of the MPD and the Darkness within it taking the form of a being which Humans can comprehend. Only a few people can actually see the shadow man and those who see him are destined to damnation. Shadow man whispers to people all across time in order manipulate actions which may potentially lead to The True Darkness being released. Maybe the Darkness is what made Kennedy want to go to the Moon. The Darkness wants to be free of the Prison the MPD

I know this sounds stupid but i'm really hyped up right now so I'm kind of losing control of what I say but.

What is Shadow Man is a Manifestation of the Darkness which is interdimensional ? He is a part of the MPD and the Darkness within it taking the form of a being which Humans can comprehend. Only a few people can actually see the shadow man and those who see him are destined to damnation. Shadow man whispers to people all across time in order manipulate actions which may potentially lead to The True Darkness being released. Maybe the Darkness is what made Kennedy want to go to the Moon. The Darkness wants to be free of the Prison the MPD

ok where does the aether fit into this? 

Ive thught the same. But what about the buried endings?

I think by the time Tranzit Happens, Any hope for the MPD to be opened again is lost and the Darkness just wants to restart the cycle so it can try again. However this time perhaps it will use some "Outside" help. 

As for the actual post lel 

It is possible, but I don't see the point of doing that. It doesn't add much to our story. 

Wasn't there also a theory that it was a mexican man that Richtofen had been experimenting on but had died? Reference: Call of the Dead radios.

I think he may actually be The Weasel from 'Mob of the Dead". From rumors I heard, this is connected to Mob of the Dead and I believe it. 

• Administrators

I do believe it is someone of dark intent a.k.a. Lucifer. It's no secret that the powers of the Devil make up for a controller (Mob of the Dead), and in the trailer, this man claims to control the fate of these unlucky four. Plus, in the middle of the trailer, we see a step for the Easter Egg that involves a book with some kind of ritual taking place. Definitely has that satanic or "dark magic" theme to me...something for Jeff Goldblum's character?

Hmm. I doubt Treyarch thought that far ahead to be honest. I may be wrong, but I just don't think they did. I do think the Shadow Man could be someone like the controller of the Zombies in Mob.

They didn't have to think that far ahead.  They probably threw it in there to make us try to figure something out, then came back and were like "we should make that work now".  That's how a lot of things happen sadly.

Now, with that said, I don't think the portrait is the Shadow Man.  I'll give it to either the Mexican subject or Richtofen, as see in the iOS version of the map.

As for the actual post lel 

It is possible, but I don't see the point of doing that. It doesn't add much to our story. 

Wasn't there also a theory that it was a mexican man that Richtofen had been experimenting on but had died? Reference: Call of the Dead radios.

I think he may actually be The Weasel from 'Mob of the Dead". From rumors I heard, this is connected to Mob of the Dead and I believe it. 

I do believe it is someone of dark intent a.k.a. Lucifer. It's no secret that the powers of the Devil make up for a controller (Mob of the Dead), and in the trailer, this man claims to control the fate of these unlucky four. Plus, in the middle of the trailer, we see a step for the Easter Egg that involves a book with some kind of ritual taking place. Definitely has that satanic or "dark magic" theme to me...something for Jeff Goldblum's character?

I think by the time Tranzit Happens, Any hope for the MPD to be opened again is lost and the Darkness just wants to restart the cycle so it can try again. However this time perhaps it will use some "Outside" help. 

THANK YOU ALL FOR SAYING THIS, what if big if this "darkness" took over weasel OR if weasel IS the darkness and this sets up Mob of the dead powerwise? What if this being possesses these people to try and fight sam and Maxis. The "Lucifer" we are all thinking of could be this being. You people make me think!

• Administrators

Listen closely to how the Shadow Man talks. It definitely sounds like a raspy Weasel when you hear the two voices (Weasel's and Shadow Man's). In the trailer, hit around the 0:32 mark and you'll notice the comparison - accent and all, but just in a grave voice.

Of course, that's a pretty hefty jump on the conclusion trampoline, but it fleshes out pretty damn well.

Listen closely to how the Shadow Man talks. It definitely sounds like a raspy Weasel when you hear the two voices (Weasel's and Shadow Man's). In the trailer, hit around the 0:32 mark and you'll notice the comparison - accent and all, but just in a grave voice.

Of course, that's a pretty hefty jump on the conclusion trampoline, but it fleshes out pretty damn well.

RIGHT?!?!? What if the shadow man was the evil. it would make PERFECT sense. though I have to say shadows of evil is a sequal to the ob of the dead. Just seems to feel like that. Or a prequal to set up Mob of the dead.

I also think the shadow man sounds like it could be the announcer in mob of the dead.. Either way relating him back to being some kind of evil force is looking like the go. I have a feeling we are going to learn a lot about mob of the dead in this map. Only the cursed survive is meaning only the bad/evil survive to be put through this so called " hell on earth", which means there should be an evil power in control.

Anyway we can fimd out who the voice acter was for the announcer in MOTD?

Nolan North. He did Brutus, Richtofen and also "..." which is the voice in die rise.

• 1 year later...

Archived