Shadows of Evil Confirmed to Be Tied to MOTD + Normal Story

Ok so character run-down: 

-Boxing champion

-Harlet

- Good but Dirty Detective it seems

-Mad man circus professor. 

Oh, and Cathulu. 

Also anyone else think its a bit self-absorbed to build a continuation onto BOTH of the maps Jason Blunder was a part of? 

Not really. I think most people would agree with me in saying we wanted to know what happens after Origins, and we wanted to know how mob fit into the storyline.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so character run-down: 

-Boxing champion

-Harlet

- Good but Dirty Detective it seems

-Mad man circus professor. 

Oh, and Cathulu. 

Also anyone else think its a bit self-absorbed to build a continuation onto BOTH of the maps Jason Blunder was a part of? 

ehhh it can appear to be self absorbing move. I think its his style. Remember this is art for them.

Pretty sure the gum also gives them random perks. In fact, I didn't see a single perk machine anywhere. 

No Jugg.... please no jugg

LOL, if that was the case, I'll have a bunch of fun making it to round 10

Well the normal health should be what it is now with jugg. Lets just not have a mandatory jugg to take away a perk slot each time.

According to Treyarch we still haven't found all the Easter Eggs in the current zombie maps.... So there are things we are still missing that might help us understand more.

According to Treyarch we still haven't found all the Easter Eggs in the current zombie maps.... So there are things we are still missing that might help us understand more.

Did they say anything about which maps still have Easter eggs? I mean, all the maps have been searched thoroughly again and again, so it's surprising to hear we've missed something.

Did they say anything about which maps still have Easter eggs? I mean, all the maps have been searched thoroughly again and again, so it's surprising to hear we've missed something.

No they refused to say which maps it was when questioned about it but they said there are still "undiscovered easter eggs". I'm guessing its one of those things where if we knew which map then well we'd immedietely discover it.

Pretty sure the gum also gives them random perks. In fact, I didn't see a single perk machine anywhere. 

Well the normal health should be what it is now with jugg. Lets just not have a mandatory jugg to take away a perk slot each time.

ah im with ya now.  Yeah seeing as it is obviously everybody's go to number 1 perk, that would make sense.  we shall see!

No they refused to say which maps it was when questioned about it but they said there are still "undiscovered easter eggs". I'm guessing its one of those things where if we knew which map then well we'd immedietely discover it.

Id bet 98% chance that they phrased it vaguely deliberately, and what they mean is there are little easter eggs like a teddy bear here, or an homage to an old map there or what not.  I have a really hard time believing there are actually any sort of side quest steps that are undiscovered

ah im with ya now.  Yeah seeing as it is obviously everybody's go to number 1 perk, that would make sense.  we shall see!

Id bet 98% chance that they phrased it vaguely deliberately, and what they mean is there are little easter eggs like a teddy bear here, or an homage to an old map there or what not.  I have a really hard time believing there are actually any sort of side quest steps that are undiscovered

what if its buried? Not many people chose the end easter egg and once activated im sure no one realylooked lfor more. Defently not indepth with both endings.

i think we should start with what maps its not

Me and my friend were talking and we were saying that the characters may have possible links to the MotD characters in some ways. The Detective could have had dealings with Sal, the Boxer could have been an acquaintance of Billy, Arlington and the Magician are as my friend phrased it are both "wacky". Then finally we talked about the possibility that the woman could have known Finn in close proximity and could be things such as his sister, his wife (showing she did something else bad by causing is incarceration) or even maybe she is the reason that his wife went to the police. We were just doing a bit of fun theorizing but I thought this could be an interesting idea.

Okay so... Shadows of Evil and Mob of the Dead are connected.

I've always been under the assumption Mob of the Dead and Origins are connected, specifically because of the blood vials Richtofen has on his jacket.  The blood vials have the same numbers printed on them that Sal & Finn have on their uniforms.

We still don't know what Richtofen will do with the vials, but by this reasoning could we say that Shadows of Evil, Mob of the Dead, and Origins/Giant are all connected?

Edited by GRILL

This looks like it has the potential to be one of the most entertaining maps from Treyarch, I really like the theme going on here.

As for the storyline connections, I agree with Nightmare Voyager, I think these four new characters each tie into the 4 prisoners at Alcatraz in some way.

Billy's mom was a prostitute and could have known the Femme Fatale and the Cop from joining the mob later.

Sal was a mob boss so he could have easily used The Cop to do a lot of shady things.

The weasel could have been friends with The Magician tricking people and what not.

As for Finn he could have known the boxer, fighting and gambling did go together quite well.

The only issue is that this is set about 10 years after Alcatraz. But I definitely think that they will be sticking with the theme of "paying for your sins" and it looks like these four characters have done a lot of evil things in the past.

Maybe we will get another "afterlife" theme like we did in MOTD? Looks like it will be a fun time.

EDIT: Also, that poster we got as a teaser awhile back had Chicago's skyline, Sal's Mob was based in Chicago, I know this is set in a fictional city, but it's just another connection to go off of.

Edited by BlackOpsTiger

My guess on the Shadow of Evil and Mob of the Dead map being connected if that they are both set in some kind of eternal damnation, hence the demons and mosters. There is even a quote where the boxer says "I think we are all here because we are bad people". I can't see how it would tie into MotD any other way really that would make sense or be plausable considering MotD is a map based around these 4 characters living their own eternal damnation for their sins.

The only think that throws me off that idea is that MotD had an Alcatraz transformed to look like some hellish nightmare and this SoE map looks pretty glitzy and glamorous. Will be interesting to find out for sure. MotD had a great story and proved we could divert off our normal storyline and still be satisfied.

I think the connections between the two maps will be loose but there. I've already noticed while playing MotD as Finn and Billy that the quotes are what connect most. Billy's quote, "Just like taking candy from a baby!" and then Vincents's "...but without the baby." Finn's "I might just go bare knuckle on these half-wits" makes me think of Campbell's dirty boxing and removing his padding from the gloves. Finn's "One punch knock-out" for Campbell's cheating in using brass-knuckles. Of course, these assumptions were already made I'm just wondering how they connect. Some theories I created while playing was that Vincent might have been involved with Sal's gang, Campbell might have been involved in the dirty boxing/gambling ring, it's possible to assume that Jessica might have a loose connection with Billy's mom, and Nero could just be our Faust protagonist. Nero is the only character that has no connection to MotD and no where in Mob is there a mention of a magician. However, there is a striking mention of Magic. What with Finn's quote about Magic Bullets, it's fair to theorize that Nero is the wanna-be magician who bites off more of the paranormal than he can chew.

Indeed. I remember reading somewhere that this map was supposed to be able to stand on its own as an independent map that only has vague connections to the overarching story as well as MotD. If this were to be the case, I'd say that these connections lie in the quotes, the characters and their backstory, and possibly the map itself. However, the reason I love to look at the quotes with a heightened sense of credibility is because that's one of the few things that we have to use in understanding other events and their purpose. That is, one of the few things directly from the dragon's mouth so to speak. The only quote that was used almost as a repeat quote was Billy's. It only makes me imagine what the other characters will say as we play this game, come Nov. 6. I also like to imagine that Shadow Man is Satan and that three headed beast is Cerberus. However, considering a post I read involving intergalactic aliens and The Tall Greys, I begin to feel the illumminati's presence once again.

Now, I'm no expert with the mythology, but I am just going to theorize here. 

What if these characters are not actually themselves. What I mean by that is maybe they are in some sort of purgatory, like mob of the dead, except they have been given false memories, and are not actually the characters they think they are. The shadow man could have orchestrated their punishment in Morg City.

Speaking of Morg City, does anyone notice that it sounds like "Morgue" City, as in where they keep the dead? Maybe this implies that our characters are dead. Just a theory.

What if it's possible that the reason they are introducing the shadow man and the satanic archetype is to explain previous maps? I mean, I just got done playing Der Riese and when Richtofen picked up a carpenter, he responded to the announcer by saying "Thank you, my lord!" does this imply that Der Riese is a possible MotD situation? I need to get up-to-date on what the general consensus is. In any case, I like the idea of Morgue City as well as it being "The Underworld" where the players meet Cerberus in its true form and satanic rituals and so on and so forth.

Here's another loose connection. Looser than your grandma's snatch. Thanks to the local community having an orgasm at the thought of unseen or undiscovered EE, I decided to play old maps for fun just to listen to what the characters say. Behold, my findings. Ascension was the map I played on and I was Richtofen, so I got to hear all the juicy quotes that made Richtofen so attractive. "Fit into a gumball machine" He says that the crawlers could fit into a gumball machine and that he could purchase them for a quarter. -wink wink- "my sister used to play with dolls/I would crush them!" I didn't know this one, he apparently has a sister and would crush her dolls frequently. Those two quotes were the ones that caught my attention, there was one more that I wrote down but I deleted the document. The song is what I will now, oh so, loosely connect to Nero. In Ascension's song, the lyrics say "Death is magic". I always liked to believe that as an artist myself, Treyarch would use real philosophical theories as well as conspiracy theories to connect an overarching message. With the mention of all the conspiracies in Tranzit, "Afterlife" in MotD, and general Illuminati concepts, it's fair to conclude that these people are looking into something that we should know. It just takes me back to CotD, when the ending cut-scene is George Romero talking about WWII. It could be possible that he was speaking on behalf of the Treyarch team. One could stumble upon some interesting things when making a video game about WWII, right? Anyways, "Death is Magic" could be talking about the theoretical "Astral Realm". The realm beyond death, in imagination. Marlton is quoted in saying "To any undeveloped mind, science is indistinguishable from magic." It's fair to say that Nero, in a false attempt to attain a higher control of "Magic" stumbled upon a dark science. Loose? Much like a 22 Acacia Avenue whore's wet-slab.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-zombies-mode-stars-jeff-g/1100-6428763/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

Go down to the bottom of the article and it says " the developers also mentioned at a panel for the reveal that there are still undiscovered easter eggs in the current Call of Duty Zombie modes. However, when pressed for details, they wouldn't hint as to what map they might exist in."

Okay, so i had a theory, and it's not a really well thought out one, but here we go...

Before the Samantha/Maxis/Richtofen shenanigans, the dead remained at peace. No zombies, but definitely some sort of afterlife sort of thing going on. Perhaps there is a hell-like dimension in this universe. If so, perhaps this dimension is the Aether. Therefore, whomever is in control controls the dead. So... in this case we know whoever was in control before Samantha was letting the dead rest per se in the real world.

Now the events we know and love happen. Whomever is in control basically gets kicked out of the way for these 3 struggling for control of the aether (sam, maxis, richtofen). Perhaps this original owner would like his throne back?

Enter the events of Mob of The Dead. He takes four "bad" people and interferes with them in the past. They are stuck in an endless cycle of revenge. He intervenes and discovers he can break the cycle, changing the past. Weasel is free from the cycle, and I'd like to assume he made the comic of what happened there, thus Group 935 attempting to create such weaponry with the look of the comics they read.

This.. Entity realizes he can manipulate them into doing what he wants, So he plans to "assemble" a team to change the events of the past. Assuming we get 4 dlc, that leaves 2 more for new characters, and 2 for the finale. If we get multiple zombie maps, it'll probably be following The Giant's timeline and MotD and SoE timeline. The Shadow Man wants his throne back, and Samantha (Now in control after the reset again) is attempting to stop him as well as Richtofen's plan (or perhaps Richtofen is now working with her to stop him in general), hence the yellow eyes and his own appearance as a "Character", not the announcer. The creatures we see could be the remnants of the Vril (especially since we know someone or something had to create the MPD, and Vril are mentioned multiple times in the other maps). I'm wondering if their "Blood" that spews out will change colors based on the zombies eyes, just due to it being yellow with Sam in control.

Not the most solid theory, but just an idea. XD -Korima

EDIT: I forgot my other main point! lol. The hidden easter eggs not found are likely small ones like the brick in Der Riese or the book in Shi No Numa that hint toward future events, but are so small that they are super hard to find. I have a feeling they're likely in tranzit just due to so many unused lines by Aether-richtofen, or even in Black Ops 1 due to all the "Sighs" and comments when on Der Riese interacting with the Tac-boards, red goo, or seemingly random objects throughout the map that probably trigger a single line of dialogue or something silly.

Edited by Korima
Forgot my main point! =P

Maybe the guys from MotD are going to remember vincent (the cop from SoE) and there like going to want to beat him up or kill him coz he took them to Alcatraz.

Or maybe the charecters from SoE and the charecters from MotD know each other from there past somehow and are going to help each other to survie or maybe they h8 each other and want to kill each other