Shadows of Evil Confirmed to Be Tied to MOTD + Normal Story

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already better than BO2's story. Now, we'll just have to see about the map itself.

It looks pretty large, also it seems each character has their own "super ability" and they can buy gum that gives them one time use super ability.

Dr. Monty's Gumball Machine looks like it was based off of Der Wunderfizz. It is made by the same people so it is not too far out there too assume that Wudnerfizz was a test for that and it was so successful that they are using it as the new perk basis.

It is definitely connected to Mob of the Dead. I just watched the trailer now and the narrator mentions how each characters’ “sins serve as an invitation”. These new characters just like the Mobsters are trapped in some type of realm/dimension as a punishment for their crimes.  This theme of punishment for a wrongdoing seems to play a large role in the storyline.

Furthermore each member of the original four also had a criminal or violent past. I am starting to wonder is the larger storyline a giant atonement process for Dempsey and the gang?

I also noticed that one of the new characters (the magician/occultist one) is named Nero. I guessing the name refers to the tyrannical Emperor Nero of Rome. It would tie into the “sinner” theme. Furthermore, Mob of the Dead also featured references to classical history and mythology. Plus the Character Vincent appears to be another mobster.

Lastly, does anyone think the Shadow Man has a connection to the 5th picture in Kino?

Edited by Mattzs

It is definitely connected to Mob of the Dead. I just watched the trailer now and the narrator mentions how each characters’ “sins serve as an invitation”. These new characters just like the Mobsters are trapped in some type of realm/dimension as a punishment for their crimes.  This theme of punishment for a wrongdoing seems play a large role in the storyline.

Furthermore each member of the original four also had a checkered past. I am starting to wonder is the larger storyline a giant atonement process for Dempsey and the gang?

I also noticed that one of the new characters (the magician/occultist one) is named Nero. I guessing the name refers to the tyrannical Emperor Nero of Rome. It would tie into the “sinner” theme. Furthermore, Mob of the Dead also featured references to classical history and mythology. Plus the Character Vincent appears to be another mobster.

Lastly, does anyone think the Shadow Man has a connection to the 5th picture in Kino?

I think you are on the ball there dude. We were theorizing on chat about your last point but I totally agree about the atonement thing.

Vincent is a cop, actually. He's like the opposite of a mobster 

Dirty cop

Ohh. I didn't know that, I guess I should watch the trailer a second time. I was just going off of what I saw in my first viewing. Is there any information on who these new characters are? All I have seen was the names on the Charlieintel twitter and the trailer.

Dirty cop

Ohh. I didn't know that, I guess I should watch the trailer a second time. I was just going off of what I saw in my first viewing. Is there any information on who these new characters are? All I have seen was the names on the Charlieintel twitter and the trailer.

Info about the characters here: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/index.php?/topic/179421-sof-info/

SHOGOTHS. SHODOWS OF EVIL HAS GOD DAMN SHOGOTHS. DO YOU GUYS NO WHAT THIS MEANS? I'VE BEEN ROLLING AROUND IN MANIC LAUGHTER FOR THE LAST FORTY MINUTES. 

Ever since Moon came out I've been looking for an HP Lovecraft connection in the zombies story, and I think we finally have it. I... I swore I would never play zombies again, but I'M BACK! 

Dirty cop

Info about the characters here: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/index.php?/topic/179421-sof-info/

Perfect! That is just what I was looking for. Also I like the name Morg City, that is clever.

I know I am biased but I felt that Mob may have been the best map ever made yet. Origins would be up there with it though. If this is going to be like those maps, directed as well by Jason, I am very certain I will love to play it. It looks a bit different but as long as I can enjoy it and it holds to the basics of what made me love BO2 Zombies, then I can't ask for more. 

Funny how the maps remind me of Mob, Buried and Origins all at the same time. Well done 3arc.

Also wanted to point out that while the map screams "Mob" very loud, it's interesting to see yellow eyed zombies again. 

You know what this map looks like? It looks like 3arch actually had fun making it which was what I think they lacked with most of BO2.

Ok so character run-down: 

-Boxing champion

-Harlet

- Good but Dirty Detective it seems

-Mad man circus professor. 

Oh, and Cathulu. 

Also anyone else think its a bit self-absorbed to build a continuation onto BOTH of the maps Jason Blunder was a part of? 

Edited by Stop mocking me0

Ok so character run-down: 

-Boxing champion

-Harlet

- Good but Dirty Detective it seems

-Mad man circus professor. 

Oh, and Cathulu. 

Also anyone else think its a bit self-absorbed to build a continuation onto BOTH of the maps Jason Blunder was a part of? 

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!