THE GIANT

Ok, so with the release of the Juggernog special edition pack, we get the lovely addition of the in-game zombies map: THE GIANT. 

Now, they likely won't ONLY offer this map to those who fork over 200USD for an epic but unnecessary mini-fridge and coasters. (Actually on that note, we can confirm that Double-Tap, Speed-Cola, Quick-Revive, and Juggernog are returning) So it's likely going to be either a pre-order bonus and/or a seasons pass bonus and then be released for a micro-transaction later on. 

What's REALLY interesting about this map is that it's a pre-sequel! The map is said to take place at the Der-Reise facility fallowing the events of Nikolai, Tank, Takeo, and Richtofen AFTER THE EVENTS OF ORIGINS! Holy crap WTH! I assume this will just be a re-make of the map, likely holding 4 perks, the PAP, the box, and all that good stuff. But here are 4 points I'd REALLY like to look into: 

-Buildables: If buildables return in this map, could it be possible WE build the traps and things of Der Reise here? Maybe that big hole in the wall where quick revive is, could be the result of OUR doing!

-Returning weaponry- In Origins we were offered both exciting new weapons, like the Mauser, and weapons from past games like the MP40 and the STG. So in this map, are we starting off with the mauser again, will the thompson and my baby the double barrel shotgun return? Only time will tell what new questions await us in this THEATER OF THE DAMNED!

-Boxes: In origins there were soul boxes, will there be soul boxes here to? What about the mystery box? Is is ancient, normal, hellish or something we've never seen before? I think the PAP is going to be normal, but I don't know that either. 

-The fly trap: For those who don't know, there's a super secret easter egg called "the fly trap" in Der reise, with little to no reward for completion, but is considered to be the ORIGINAL zombies easter egg. PERHAPS, THIS time when we activate it, we somehow give samantha control of the zombies or something. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still more concerned at the map being a sequel to Origins yet it's a bonus DLC map and not a part of the vanilla game. Does that mean the map(s) that come with the game are a part of a brand new storyline? How could they possibly carry the storyline on if the direct sequel to the storyline is not even part of the main game?

Thank god someone is talking about it! I am really excited for this. I really think that there is going to be expanded areas in the map and it is going to relate to the giants in Origins. As well, I think that there is a lot in Der Riese that we should look into and see if it could end up meaning something. One thing I noticed but never really said about was the big metal wall that separates the courtyard and where the box is. If you look there are guard towers all around it, I think it is like they are trying to contain something in those walls. Also I thought that maybe the wall could actually open and that is why the bridge has that functionality to open in the first place. I don't really know, me and my friend were just speculating on der riese being home to Maxis' giant project and it being just that.

I am still more concerned at the map being a sequel to Origins yet it's a bonus DLC map and not a part of the vanilla game. Does that mean the map(s) that come with the game are a part of a brand new storyline? How could they possibly carry the storyline on if the direct sequel to the storyline is not even part of the main game?

Could be them revisiting Der Riese. I still think Origins was an afterlife style map like MotD that happened after Moon. They were stuck in someone's nightmare. The map ended with them opening the gate to Argatha and Der Riese was where Maxis was attempting to open that gate. So maybe they are back at the gate right after Origins and Der Riese represents that. Could still be an afterlife like map where they are back at a representation of Der Riese. That way Treyarch can redo the map but add new perks, weapons, and an EE that wasn't there instead of just doing a reskinned map. 

Then the new star studded cast of characters in the vanilla map will maybe be another part of the story. Perhaps before Moon or during the events of BO2. 

More hyped for the reveal now. It makes me think there'll be Easter eggs to do with the giant robots from Origins, because the name of the map is actually The Giant in English now.

Now there's a comment that just reeks of PTG haha. :P But for real, you do raise some valid points. Wonder if this version of Der Riese is indeed affiliated with the alternate 935 in Origins.

More hyped for the reveal now. It makes me think there'll be Easter eggs to do with the giant robots from Origins, because the name of the map is actually The Giant in English now.

I feel the same way... I have no idea where they're going to take the main map that ships with the game, but I'm super excited. Hopefully they tease this map during the reveal as well. 

"The Giant is rising."

Now there's a comment that just reeks of PTG haha. :P But for real, you do raise some valid points. Wonder if this version of Der Riese is indeed affiliated with the alternate 935 in Origins.

Yes, it definitely could be. Ahh! I'm just overloaded with more questions now than I had before.

I feel the same way... I have no idea where they're going to take the main map that ships with the game, but I'm super excited. Hopefully they tease this map during the reveal as well. 

"The Giant is rising."

"The Giant is rising."

Yeah, it looks like the map we got a glimpse of at the end of the Black Ops 3 reveal trailer was Der Riese or The Giant, as their now calling it, so we could definitely get a glimpse at the map during the reveal.

• Administrators

I think by this point all fans of Zombies are definitely going to Dish out $200 for the Stuff. I'm dishing out $400 for 2 of them. Xbox One and PS4

I certainly wish I could. I don't even have XBOne yet...I'm feeling about as helpless as one can feel over here, digging around in my couch cushions crying and sniveling like only a Zombies addict can do, hoping the previous owner dropped a quarter or six hundred down there. LOL! 

It's also critical to mention that in tiny white letters bellow the juggernog collectors poster, there IS a small tid-bit about some of the DLC not being available on all consoles. 

This likely means that some DLC will not even be bothered to be transferred from 1 and 4 to 360 and 3. This could just be some gun camos, but it could mean they arn't getting whole maps! Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Whats Ironic is that I JUST bought a new mini-fridge for my next semester.... Damn it... 

It's also critical to mention that in tiny white letters bellow the juggernog collectors poster, there IS a small tid-bit about some of the DLC not being available on all consoles. 

This likely means that some DLC will not even be bothered to be transferred from 1 and 4 to 360 and 3. This could just be some gun camos, but it could mean they arn't getting whole maps! Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Whats Ironic is that I JUST bought a new mini-fridge for my next semester.... Damn it... 

Didn't notice that text, that's a really good point. Remember that the co-op campaign in Black Ops 3 is limited to two players... It's a shame, but entirely possible that the Zombies maps are limited to two players as well... 

For 360 and PS3 only? Or does everyone get only two players in camp?

For 360 and PS3 only? Or does everyone get only two players in camp?

I'm not entirely sure if you're talking about Campaign or Zombies, but if it's Zombies, why would you think that? We've always had 4 player co-op. And if it's about campaign well I believe they did announce quite a while ago when the game was first revealed, and they also showed 4 player co-op gameplay at E3.

To clarify, the campaign is four player co-op on PS4, PC and XB1. On PS3 and 360, it's limited to two players. That's why I'm worried that Zombies could be limited to only two players as well on last-gen consoles. It's unlikely that it will, but we've had no confirmation on anything else related to the last-gen version of Black Ops 3, so it's something to consider. 

Edited by gfn21