Sign in to follow this  
Stop Mocking Me0

Less then 48 hour hype thread

Well here it is! Finally, after 2 years and a few months from Origins, we get call of duty's black ops's 3's reveal trailer for the beloved zombies mode. 

We've been through the loss of Zelinsqui, the failure that was BO2, the even bigger failure that was exo zombies, and the mother of all failures: Extinction. 

This is truly going to be the grand finale to the cod series. How will all the shit go down? Who has been right and who has theorized wrong? At least 1 of our questions will be answered in less then 48 hours! WHO IS HYPE?!

(Also feel free to post something you want to see in the reveal trailer, as a bonus add on one thing, out of everything from previous zombies titles you'd like to see return) 

I really want a FREAKING HUGE map. Yes tranzit was bad, but it was because it was BIG and did'n't actually have much in it. I want a BIG map with LOTS-A things to do! (Oh, and the ability to revive across the map somehow, like maybe teleporters, maybe a SUPER extended down-to-dead gap (more time bleeding out), maybe automatic tombstone, I don't know there's a lot of ways to answer it. ) 

And for the 1 thing I'd like to see return: The wonderfizz, that NEEDS to become a critical gameplay element! 

InfestLithium    495

You don't want a huge map.

Unless that map is filled with empty space with fog or chihuahua-looking creatures, then I think a big map isn't such a bad thing. Look at how Call of the Dead and Origins turned out: great maps full of interactive elements.

Really it's 99% because of the denizens... Not even the fog, the fog I could live easily with, but a blinding little rat-reject clawing me, slowing me, and blinding me every 5 seconds? What the hell was treyarch thinking? 

Rissole25    378

Mocking's right, the map size isn't the problem, it's what's filled in the map that's the problem. If TranZit had hidden radios (especially in fog), little pieces of paper like Der Riese, character building/story revealing quotes and maybe a good Wonder Weapon it would at least be decent.

Mocking's right, the map size isn't the problem, it's what's filled in the map that's the problem. If TranZit had hidden radios (especially in fog), little pieces of paper like Der Riese, character building/story revealing quotes and maybe a good Wonder Weapon it would at least be decent.

Exactly. The map just needed more. Add another new perk with tombstone, leave PaP open once you first open it since it was still a death trap spot in later rounds anyway, make the buildables useful beyond round 10 since no one ever used the trap or turret (for the zombies), add some more wall weapons and maybe have the weapons change randomly each time the map starts, and add a real wonder weapon or two. Nothing too powerful since its an easy map but something interesting like the shrink gun for Shangri La. 

And lastly, and most importantly, add some story to the map. If you had a good EE, some kind of hidden messages and radios around the map and not just on one TV, and some story related objects scattered around that somehow tied in, then the map would have been awesome. The lack of story made the map feel empty. This is a map that had Nacht in it, zombies with mysterious collars on, and a secret lab. And the fact that they were given no story beyond guessing is a shame. Imagine having a Peter style corpse in one of the cars in the fog that had a radio message about working there. Or hidden film reels/VHSs/DVDs scattered around the fog that could be played in the lab on one of the monitors and showed a scientist experimenting on a subject who eventually became the Avogadro. Something. 

You added those things to the map and I think it would have been a really good map. The size wasn't the issue. Its issue was that it was empty and the new things they added didn't have an impact on the series beyond galvaknuckles which were a great melee weapon found in a somewhat secret spot, and using the shield on your back which was the only real useful buildable. 

• Like 1

Awards

Slade    270
  • A well written story
  • A well designed map: i.e. no more stupid design gimmicks that weren't thought through at all, like tranzit's useless buildables or its extremely annoying way of getting to pap, size doesn't really matter
  • You finally spelling Treyarch right

That's about it.

Matuzz    217
  • No large maps. They cause players to split too far away taking away the feeling you are working together as a team.
  • Original characters.
  • Nazi zombies.
  • Edit: New content instead of reskins from old maps.
Edited by Matuzz
  • Like 1