RequixEclipse    103

Zombie Companion App Ideas?

Wouldn't be cool if Treyarch incorporated Zombies in a Companion App? It's obvious there is going to be an app for Black Ops 3. Im hoping Treyarch is able to provide Zombie stats, rank, leader boards, and possibly a checklist for Easter Egg/Story progression. Presently Call of Duty Companion Apps tailor to in game Multiplayer progress, Clan Competition, as well as Player/Clan customization. 

If you were designing this specific feature what would you incorporate and why?

Lenne    412

Thinking of Unity and I instantly scream: NOOOOOOOOO!

If it really only is for checking stats, though then it is fine.

• Like 1

The Clay Bird    173

I would love it.  be able to check my stats on the go, maybe view character info, story related stuff, gun stats, etc. etc.  I love stuff like this

For then companion App I would link it to your game and each time you accomplish something so can collect a notebook page containing zombies Intel. That way the app allows you to access secret storyline info on the go and on your console. 

NaBrZHunter    488

For then companion App I would link it to your game and each time you accomplish something so can collect a notebook page containing zombies Intel. That way the app allows you to access secret storyline info on the go and on your console. 

Here's the thing about 'accessing intel:' if they do it too cut and dry, they're going to end up like AWEZ. We're all here to discover, decode, visit, revisit and theorize random bits of Intel in the form of images, radio logs, and letters that can only be found when you dedicate time to playing each map or logging into the in-game terminal. Granted, much of it is online these days; but that's not Treyarch's work. That's CODwiki, etc. I agree that an app with leaderboards, skill statistics/achievements, weapon lists and stats would be simple and fun. But not for Intel. I hope they do NOT do the 'unlocked new story' feature the way AWEZ did. 

Edited by NaBrZHunter

Zelkova    6

I am personally sick of them constantly doing these silly app things. Not everyone possesses a smart phone. Excluding the population that heavily play the game yet lack such a device that actually costs a good amount of money monthly is kindof annoying. It also seems like a very poor idea for marketing as it can turn people off.

• Like 1

Matuzz    217

If it would have companion app it would be made by Beachhead Studio that are absolutely incompetent in making something that isn't completely broken. So best option would be no app.

Companion apps are just gimmicks which make it annoying to just play zombies how you normally want to play it. I couldn't care less how many people own a smartphone, they don't want to use it to connect to a game on another console it is way to over complicated and a waste of game developers money.

Zelkova    6

Companion apps are just gimmicks which make it annoying to just play zombies how you normally want to play it. I couldn't care less how many people own a smartphone, they don't want to use it to connect to a game on another console it is way to over complicated and a waste of game developers money.

That wasn't my point. If you own a smart phone then you have to pay a lot of money as its required by all phone companies. Thus it excludes a large portion of the population who would otherwise be playing the game.

• Like 1

The Clay Bird    173

speak for yourself!

i personally have really enjoyed AW's companion app.  use it to check our clan levels, clan wars info, and profile info.  I guess I just don't see the downside to a companion app to check stats, customize characters, etc.  I remember with one of the past Cod's (maybe MW3?) you could change your classes on the app and then they'd be ready to go next time you log in.   There's a lot of cool stuff that can be done with apps imo

• Like 1

I am speaking for myself lol I did say "I". Why all of the sudden am I not allowed to have my own opinion on it and why was I the only one you guys quoted when other people have said the exact same thing.

Spider3000    140

I think a companion app for checking Zombies stats would be cool. I never used any other companion apps before, because I don't play multiplayer nearly as much as I play Zombies, but if the app had Zombie features I'd definitely download it.

• Like 1

Awards

I am speaking for myself lol I did say "I". Why all of the sudden am I not allowed to have my own opinion on it and why was I the only one you guys quoted when other people have said the exact same thing.

You did say that "they don't want to use it" meaning people in general with smart phone aren't interested. I think some wanted to point out that they would be interested. I'm not that big on apps but have used some in the past. Fallout Shelter is fun and its supposed to unlock something small when people get the game. And GTA's app was alright for passing time in the bathroom. So they could come up with something interesting to tie in with zombies. Like letting you check your stats and compare them to your friends. Would be cool to beat a friends high game and send them an alert on their phone through the app showing them. That way you can annoy them while they are away from their system, like if they're at work. Rub it in a little.

• Like 1

Awards

Lol I meant I. Fallout Shelter is fun but I wouldn't say it is a companion app, it is like a separate game at the moment.

The Clay Bird    173

Lol I meant I. Fallout Shelter is fun but I wouldn't say it is a companion app, it is like a separate game at the moment.

yeah that is why i said speak for yourself, because in the previous post your wording implied that all smart phone owners don't want a companion app, and that is simply not true.  Don't knock it until you've tried it, I have gotten a lot of use out of companion apps.  Smartglass, CoD apps, etc

Why do you assume I haven't used them before? I would not make an opinion on a companion app if I had not used one before for any game. 

Also yet again when did I become public enemy number 1 about this subject. I am not the only guy to say something bad about the app yet I am getting replies about it.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

InfestLithium    498

Also yet again when did I become public enemy number 1 about this subject. I am not the only guy to say something bad about the app yet I am getting replies about it.

Who said you were public enemy #1? The only replies you're getting are the ones you first initiated in this comment:

You cannot speak on the behalf of a VAST amount of people who own a smartphone. You are trying to formulate an opinion for other people. And those exact people are replying to YOUR comment by saying they wouldn't mind using a BO3 Companion app. That's called hearing the other side of the opinion.

You have a tendency to believe everyone who isn't in support of your opinion is out to hunt you down. And that isn't the case. Please don't make it seem that way.

Yeah... we don't really need a companion app. If it's for checking stats and such, cool, but I just can't see that many people using it. Idk. Then again, I don't play as much as I used to, maybe some people really want this.

The Clay Bird    173

Yeah... we don't really need a companion app. If it's for checking stats and such, cool, but I just can't see that many people using it. Idk. Then again, I don't play as much as I used to, maybe some people really want this.

think of it this way.   most people 10 years ago would say the same thing about smart phones in general  "i mean yeah checking email and surfing the web and playing games on my telephone would be cool and such, but i just don't see that many people using it"

That honestly was the popular sentiment before the iphone came out.   yet here we are and smart phones are the norm, as they have proven to be immeasurably useful.  a companion app might also be just as useful, but to dismiss one just because "we can't see that many people using it" is a poor viewpoint that restricts progress and innovation

I blatantly said that I made a mistake in what I wrote and meant it as my own opinion. Also can I have it explained why when I made my opinion, everyone commented on it but everyone else who shared the opinion, I saw a lack of comments on that? That is why I said about being a public enemy, because it was just weird that everyone commented on my thing and not others. I don't think anyone is hunting me down at all, it is just a metaphor...

I think your first post got comments because you did say "they" instead of your own opinion. And you admitted that was a mistake so no biggie. It just sounded like you were speaking for others so some felt it warranted a rebuttal. Clay even put that sentence in bold in his reply. I replied because you asked "Why can't I have an opinion?" when no one was saying you couldn't but disagreeing.

And I think that's why your comments get replies. You tend to ask "Why?". You did so on 3 of your last 4 posts on this thread. So people tend to answer when someone asks why. I think the whys and the "they" mistake are why you got so many replies and others didn't. Don't think anyone is against you.

Awards

I don't think anyone is against me? I only wanted to give my opinion in the first place.

RequixEclipse    103

I don't think anyone is against me? I only wanted to give my opinion in the first place.

Your opinion is valued just as much as every one elses. They all add to the over all idea and make a good discussion. We are all going to have our own opinion and that's a good thing. Otherwise this community would be a pretty boring place lol.^_^