Black Ops 3 Campaign Prequel Comic confirmed

Well, we are getting a comic, but not the way we were expecting.

Hopefully, this means they'll wait till the Zombies panel to announce a Zombies comic book?

Source: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/07/01/comic-con-dark-horse-deploys-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-comic-book

CODSDCCAC-FC.jpg

"A prequel to the highly-anticipated game, the Call of Duty®: Black Ops III comic book series follows an elite group of soldiers as they wage a secret war across a futuristic war-torn world transformed by technology," Dark Horse detailed in a press release. "In the bullet-ridden first issue, the team infiltrates Tashkent, Uzbekistan to take down a double agent . . . but as they close in, they uncover something much more sinister at hand."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark Horse Comics? I will do some research but this is definitely a sign that their may be a zombies comic, there is no way they would get the rights to do a COD comic without doing zombies!

I'm a huge comic book fan, and I'm super excited for this!

Dark Horse is a legit comic publisher that primarily takes existing franchises, and then makes comic book series for those franchises.  Taking a popular video game like Call of Duty, and then making a comic series for it is right up their alley.  For example, they did an excellent job with the comic book for The Last of Us, which was a prequel story that's continuity linked right into the game's last DLC content.  If you are interested in checking out some Dark Horse comics, then I'd personally recommend jumping on Fight Club 2 right now.  As far as indy comic publishers, they are right behind Image and IDW.

Larry Hama writing this series is also something to be very excited about.  Larry Hama is a legendary comic book writer who is best known for his 155 issue run of G.I. Joe back in the 80's and early 90's.  He was also the main writer for the Wolverine solo series during the early-mid 90's when the comic industry was booming.  That's the comic series I grew up with that made me fall in love with comics and that character.

I think this project is in great hands.

- Mix

What I don't like is that the comic is out 2 days before the game launches. I don't know if a lot of people will care even, what happens in the comic series once the game drops, when they know the outcome. I wish they released it in the run-up to the game's release to generate more hype. We surprisingly don't know very much about the campaign either, which could lead to more surprises in the comic, but not if it starts coming out right around the corner of the games' release. 

There MUST be a zombies comic as well.

I'm calling it, pre-order bonus' will be comic book copies.  Either that or collectors edition has special comic book.

Honestly CoD cannot even mention comic book without people thinking of zombie's loading screens.