Why PS4 getting DLC first is a Good Thing ( Edited )

For many years now Xbox has received DLC First before anyone else. However all that changes Today. From this point forward Playstation 4 will get DLC First. So how is that a good thing? Well, let me explain.

Call of Duty is full of children in the community. Always camping, saying dumb things like, Reznov is Mason's dad or Misty got bitten by a zombie. Marlton is Dead. However that is all about to be a thing of the past. You see, Children need to ask their parents to buy them a console so they can Play Cod and it's DLC First. So naturally Most of them went and had their parents buy them an Xbox One. Now that PS4 got DLC first. Children will be trapped on the Xbox One while many adult gamers buy a PS4 using their own money. Most Parents will not fork over $400 to buy their kids a second console. 

We always complained about kids ruining the community. This is the opportunity we have been waiting for. Children will lose interest in the community and over time we will see less people making stupid remarks on youtube about Weasel writing the comic book, or Misty being Dempsey's Daughter. Activision makes games while just putting anything in it because they know there are thousands of children who will buy it. Eliminate the children and Activision will have to start working Harder to keep their sales up. This means making better Cod Games than MW3, Ghosts, and AW.  Right now things may looks Dark for many of you. However by the time this all Ends, we will be a stronger, Smarter, and Greater Community than ever before I guarantee it. This is the Dawn of a New Era

Edit

We have also received some great news. Youtube channels will be greatly effected by this change. So many channels out there who make very poor content and having these absolutely terrible theories. To name the perfect example of a terrible youtube theory., Maxis created the zombies because he wanted samantha's game to be real ( Cringe). Now that many youtubers boughtan Xbox one for the DLC and for their youtube channels only the Strong will survive. They will either have to wait a month to be able to cover the game in which case everything will be solved by then and people will lose interest in their channels. or get a PS4. Now, I'm sure there are still going to be people who will fork over $400 to keep their channel alive however it is always better for many bad channels bite the dust than for all the bad channels to remain active and spread stupid theories across the zombies community. Terrible content destroys everything hard working theorists and story analyzers work so hard to accomplish. 

Edited by Black Hand Smith
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. This is the single most load of rubbish I've ever read on these forums. Parents shell out 120 dollars a year for A GAME when you factor in DLC. If the brats want a PS4, they will get it. 

2. This will kill the biggest thing CoD has going for it right now, which is pro competitive play. How many of those elite teams you see at the X-Games and the world championships will switch to PS4? All the big names? They're going to lose a majority of their viewership thanks to this. Spoke to a few of my friends who're on the pro circuit that said their team would withdraw completely if it switched to PS4. Can't imagine a world where CoD has PS4 branding all over it and they allow the championships to be played on Xbox.

1. This is the single most load of rubbish I've ever read on these forums. Parents shell out 120 dollars a year for A GAME when you factor in DLC. If the brats want a PS4, they will get it. 

2. This will kill the biggest thing CoD has going for it right now, which is pro competitive play. How many of those elite teams you see at the X-Games and the world championships will switch to PS4? All the big names? They're going to lose a majority of their viewership thanks to this. Spoke to a few of my friends who're on the pro circuit that said their team would withdraw completely if it switched to PS4. Can't imagine a world where CoD has PS4 branding all over it and they allow the championships to be played on Xbox.

Mlg is the most overblown event ever. Because of MLG we have all these kids going around calling themselves call of duty pros while quicks scoping and trying to act cool by doing 360 no scope trickshots. 

Cod of will be better off without MLG people like Optic this and nade shot that. 

Mlg is the most overblown event ever. Because of MLG we have all these kids going around calling themselves call of duty pros while quicks scoping and trying to act cool by doing 360 no scope trickshots. 

Cod of will be better off without MLG people like Optic this and nade shot that. 

​CoD championships are so far beyond MLG now. Treyarch has their own competitive system built in that their titles' that determines everything. 

You sit here and say MLG is bad for Duty but without MLG Duty wouldn't be where it is today. You have no idea how big the competitive community is to the franchise. The fucking X-Games made it an event for christs sake. Nobody in CoD championships does trick shots or any of that stuff. You're living in the past. Treyarch embraced the hell out of the community, Vahn calls himself good friends with a lot of pros, then Acti alienates it. With none of the big name teams in championships, it will create a smaller competitive fan base and this franchise will continue to sink, as it has. Sales will continue to drop. 

Writing is on the walls. 

This is a pretty weak argument, honestly. Xbox fans are angry and upset, and rightfully so. Meanwhile, Sony fans are excited, which is also alright. Personally, I'm not a fan of this, since I've been playing CoD on Xbox since WaW. Maybe it was my own fault for expecting the dlc again, but I can't help but feel just a bit disheartened. 

Whereas before, people who had Play Station knew they were getting DLC late so in some ways it was fair, they had warning. But Xbox people get told this two months before the beta? Now I am frantically trying to get money together for a PS4 by at least november. Don't say that I don't "need" the game either, I don't but I sure as hell want it. Same goes for the whole "oh we had to wait" no, no you didn't. You had a choice and didn't choose it, a lot of people here who are fans of cod zombies obviously want the DLC early, is it fair that they get it late as well? The fact that they have done this and not made it equal is really bad, nobody ever deserved DLCs late and the fact that this happens is so depressing. 

I love how some xbox people kept their mouth about one console getting DLC early shut for all these years right up until Activision switched partners with Sony and now timed exclusives are suddenly "morally bad and everyone should get the DLC early".

Timed exclusives were always shit.

Edited by Slade

Is that in reply to me? When have I once said that Xbox should get DLC early? I am just annoyed at the reaction of PS4 people, I have barely seen anyone be happy about it and all I see are people saying that Xbox players deserve it when they don't.

I love how some xbox people kept their mouth about one console getting DLC early shut for all these years right up until Activision switched partners with Sony and now timed exclusives are suddenly "morally bad and everyone should get the DLC early".

It's mainly because people on both sides expected it to happen. Like to the was a given. I mean, it's been this way for 7 years. That's why there's such an outrage. Do I agree with the hate? No, not really, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit upset. 

lol losing one mlg team mean nothing at the end of the day. You like making money playing video games? Adapt or get a different job. It's evolution, video games style.

Remember that MW2 pc boycott? How did that work out lmfao. The only people that are upset, are those that assumed. There is no substitute for 3arc zombies, so everyone that likes zombies is still going to buy the game. 

Faux outrage all over the place.

lol losing one mlg team mean nothing at the end of the day. You like making money playing video games? Adapt or get a different job. It's evolution, video games style.

Remember that MW2 pc boycott? How did that work out lmfao. The only people that are upset, are those that assumed. There is no substitute for 3arc zombies, so everyone that likes zombies is still going to buy the game. 

Except when you pull out OpTiC alone you're talking about hundreds of thousands of viewers....

Except when you pull out OpTiC alone you're talking about hundreds of thousands of viewers....

Sets the stage for another team to get those viewers. Is Optic popular because of them, or because of COD. We will find out if they back up their claims. 

Maybe getting a new job will make Optic realise what they had.

Sets the stage for another team to get those viewers. Is Optic popular because of them, or because of COD. We will find out if they back up their claims. 

​I can't wait to see faze, nadeshit, and Optic Asshole get eliminated. Less burden on the community

​I can't wait to see faze, nadeshit, and Optic Asshole get eliminated. Less burden on the community

​You continue to shade the people who keep the community alive. 

No other team will do what OpTiC does. It's not just the players, it's the quality of content, their social media presence. They're fanboys, nobody else will "get those viewers". OpTiC is popular because they're OpTiC. They were a strong presence in CoD4, WaW. Before the "boom" And before Social media made it easy to get popular.  I guarantee you no Clan is ever what Op is. 

LeBron didn't win the MVP this year, but he's still the best player in the world. 

It doesn't matter, like I said CoD is slowly going down the drain.

Edited by RedDeadRiot

It's mainly because people on both sides expected it to happen. Like to the was a given. I mean, it's been this way for 7 years. That's why there's such an outrage. Do I agree with the hate? No, not really, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit upset. 

​The part that I don't get is why Activision would think it's an "exciting time" and "great news for the community" to piss off half of the fans just to make the other half excited?  It seems like a net zero at the very best, and more realistically a net negative. BO3 had a bunch more preorders for xbox, but still a ton for PS4. Why not keep the status quo?.  Now xbox preorders will likely flatline. A lot of people bought xbox one's because of cod DLC exclusivity, and realistically how many are going to switch to PS4?  i cant imagine more than maybe 2%.  I'm not mad about it, because a month isn't that long, and in the grand scheme of life it is a miniscule detail.  it's just really confusing to me from a business standpoint

Anyway, I really do hope that they keep it to DLC packs only, and not AW's shitty give all additional updates to xbox first and not ps4 and pc. Paid DLC packs i understand, but the other stuff should just roll out all together at once

Edited by the_clay_bird