The most important feature which should be included.

Hi, 

I hope there are many new and innovative gameplay features in the new BO3 Zombies. But the most important thing Treyarch needs to implement is a system, which deals with all the leavers in public games. Because in mostly all the the public games people just leave whenever they bleed out. This is very frustrating when you just want to play with 4 people. So there should be a system which punishes leavers. For example a lower priority matchmaking where leavers get matched together or you simply lose xp whenever you leave a game.

I really hope tryarch implements something against all the leaver.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

What about the people who actually have to quit the game because something important comes up?

Of course there are mad folks who leave because they got down, but how would you create something that punishes those who leave because they are bad and leave those who just quit the game because of more important stuff than a video game?

What about the people who actually have to quit the game because something important comes up?

Of course there are mad folks who leave because they got down, but how would you create something that punishes those who leave because they are bad and leave those who just quit the game because of more important stuff than a video game?

​I think the best and most innovative feature that could help deal with this is an integration of a social networking feature into the main menu/lobby.  where you could post something like "looking for high rounds 4 player co-op on origins msg for invite" and other people in pre game lobby could browse and message for invites or what not.  that way it would be easier for people to team up and start a private match, whereas you would still have the public lobbies for more casual informal games where someone leaving wouldn't be that big of a deal...

Perhaps a penalty of a X minute wait if you leave.  With next gen technology, or at least Xbox one, when one's power is cut, a solo game still stays active because it's being played on a server, not the console. (Based off of Exo-Zombies) If this is the case. Why not implement a outage-set mode where if one's power cuts off they have until a new player is found to turn the game back on. If they don't then they're simply kicked from the game and a new Player take their place. If they do cut the power back on they're put back into the game. This way the player can leave, but the game can continue on. While there is no 4th player the host can choose: -Continue with 3 players (which will not be counted on the leader boards) or -Resume game with: (Name here) which will show a list of available players looking for lobby's. If one finds one they like they can invite them. If not, they can wait for 4th player to rejoin or for someone new to come up, 

When a new player joins, they are offered a choice: Resume or Reset. 

Resume will put the new player in the missing players body, where as reset will give the player X amount of points when the new round begins and 1:30seconds of cloaking if it's past round 10 which keeps zombies away. 

​I dont think something important comes up every time you play and if that is the case you never play a full game anyways so it would be ok if you get in the same matchmaking as all the other leavers who also dont play the game until the end.

• Moderators

I never said that happens in every game.

Why would those be punished for things they can't do anything about.

Just accept the fact that you have to play with your buddies if you want to get to a high round and play with randoms and potential "leavers" if you just want to have some quick fun.

If you don't want to deal with people who leave mid-game play with your friends.

Zombie matches can last forever and something can always come up forcing someone to leave the game.

Punishing people for leaving public matches is just stupid and won't solve anything.

We really need to use the technology next-gen allows for. 

Games on cloud servers could potentially loose the need for migrating hosts at all (unless one leaves the game on purpose). 

It also could mean the end of one's internet being a factor effecting lag. (As cloud servers would be held online already, there would be lag from the host to the game, but it'd be better then everyone else lagging and the host perfect). 

• 1 month later...

Considering the fact that BO3 will have a progressive XP system in place for zombies then that is your answer right there. If people leave it should affect their rank, even taking some of their XP away thus punishing people without actually being overly aggressive and it means people who have to leave due to unforseen circumstances understand the rules and can accept this as a fair punishment.

People leaving games in BO2 was because they didn't want to be deranked. This new XP system should technically encourage people to stay in games now hopefully or face a drop in XP.

Completely agree DBZ, an xp system is a great opportunity. If you just spent an hour and a half playing one game, where your team got to 25, you won't want to lose all of the xp you earned in that time. 

Just make it so that all xp is given at the end of the game, and you gain absolutely nothing if you leave. 

Another way to do it is just to take away a set amount of xp from anyone who leaves a game. BO2 was quite annoying only because the rounds stopped counting, so if they went to BO1's system I wouldn't even mind.

I see two possible solutions to this.

1. Similar to an idea listed above, use the already existing report system in mp but instead change it to a reputation system of some sort. Have options like, "left when downed" or "not a team player/selfish" (doesn't have to be these, I just came up with generic phrases). A few reports won't do you any harm per say but after a while, if a lot of people start sending in reports of a player leaving after quitting about the same player, that then shows up somewhere next to their username when they join a matchmaking lobby.

2. Go in the opposite direction, have better incentives to stick with a match all the way through. This can be easily done through the new ranking system. It still leaves out those who don't mean to quit yet are forced to, but at least they won't be directly punished for it.

1. Similar to an idea listed above, use the already existing report system in mp but instead change it to a reputation system of some sort. Have options like, "left when downed" or "not a team player/selfish" (doesn't have to be these, I just came up with generic phrases). A few reports won't do you any harm per say but after a while, if a lot of people start sending in reports of a player leaving after quitting about the same player, that then shows up somewhere next to their username when they join a matchmaking lobby.

2. Go in the opposite direction, have better incentives to stick with a match all the way through. This can be easily done through the new ranking system. It still leaves out those who don't mean to quit yet are forced to, but at least they won't be directly punished for it.

Well you can't really do #2, as you would just reward people for staying in games, be it they make it to round 40 or 4. 

I guess when you really get down to it, people will leave regardless. Tragic... 

Well you can't really do #2, as you would just reward people for staying in games, be it they make it to round 40 or 4. 

I guess when you really get down to it, people will leave regardless. Tragic... 

I still think a reputation system is very much viable however.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

Oh reasonable people will stay. 

See here how it is: 
If you don't punish players for leaving then a good, but self-absorbed player (A) who realizes that the worst player in the game (D) is going to prevent him from getting to a high round, then he'll leave on round 10ish to find a lobby with no player Ds. 

If you PUNISH players for leaving then a player with a bad player will sit though it, unless met with a REALLY bad team player A will stay where he is.

As for the reputation, imagine you're playing with the MOST ANNOYING player ever, he's like 6 years old and keeps stealing the parts you need for your staff. Then when you leave him because he's on the other side of the map, he gets SUPER pissed and when the game ends, lists everything he can about you being a bad player. You can do the same to him, but what does he care. 

Then this happens again and again, because regardless of if you're on PSN or XBL, there will be little asshole brats. Then YOU are stuck with the short end of the stick and look just as bad as the little shit to begin with.  

Then maybe they could have a team that investigates players when they start collecting a lot of reports on them, it's not a perfect system but it's something. And I've played zombies for years but I didn't come across that many annoying little brats, a fair share of course but that's spread out over a long amount of time. Maybe if you start reporting people frequently that gets marked as suspicious activity too. I doubt any of this will be incorporated anyway, but oh well.

I'd love to see a re-join feature. If you lose connection to a game, you can join the match again right from the menu. If it's possible on a technical side you'll get all your weapons/perks etc back too. Although you become void of leaderboard rankings of course. 

I was really hoping this feature would exist in BOII since Zombies was made under the multiplayer engine.

Edited by BEYOND

Hope you guys know there is currently a penalty for leaving games right now in AW just no one seems to notice it ever. Though I agree there should be more of a penalty for leaving mid game (its really annoying because in MP there are a bunch of challenges that actually state you must have a full lobby in TDM to get them). But there are times in which people I know have blackouts or something goes wrong with their net and they get cut off. Does that mean they should get penalized for it?? The system currently doesn't possess the technology (or even the pc versions) to tell whether the person got thrown out due to network issues or if they just cut off the system themselves.