Sign in to follow this  

Blackout Zombie Map?

So @TheNathanNS just posted this in chat:

The exciting thing for people may be that zombies is being worked on. But in the top right picture there is a file. Blackout. Could this be the name of one of the zombie maps in the next game? Blackout is a cool name and kind of relates to the whole Black Ops genre. But it also could relate to World War 2 when houses would turn out their lights and plunge England in darkness so that bombs could not be dropped on them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(wartime)

I could not find anything related to Chicago but to be honest I am expecting more than one map in the next game. So is this one of the zombie map names? Is it a code name type thing? Or it could even be something unrelated but after saying about zombies, I would be surprised if it isn't related to it.

Spider3000    140

I'm hoping we'll see a little clip at E3 to do with Zombies, even if it is 10 seconds.

• Like 1

Awards

TheNathanNS    34

I'm hoping we'll see a little clip at E3 to do with Zombies, even if it is 10 seconds.

​Yep.

I was excited for the 2 seconds of zombies from the first trailer.

Spider3000    140

​Yep.

I was excited for the 2 seconds of zombies from the first trailer.

​It was literally just one Zombie breaking down one barrier.

And it even got me hyped too.

Awards

To assume that blackout means WW2 is jumping the 4 sharks... Blackout is more commonly linked when a massive power failure occurs. This could be anything from a MP map, to a weapon, ability, perk, to gameplay mechanic, to boss.  If it is related to zombies, it would make the most sense to take place in a functioning modern city, which would blackout durring the apocalypse. 

To assume that blackout means WW2 is jumping the 4 sharks... Blackout is more commonly linked when a massive power failure occurs. This could be anything from a MP map, to a weapon, ability, perk, to gameplay mechanic, to boss.  If it is related to zombies, it would make the most sense to take place in a functioning modern city, which would blackout durring the apocalypse. 

It was an idea dude. I was literally putting my ideas about it down. Your theory makes sense but it doesn't make more sense then mine at the moment. We have a possible name and that's it. Also it isn't an MP map since vonderhaar said about zombies.

The youtube link leads to some music, its on his twitter.

Tattoo247    118

Oh NOW it works. I was on my WiiU pad and it wouldn't open another tab, so I felt stupid for trying to click a screenshot link, but wanted to display my stupidity for your humor. And yea when was the code name announced?