Black Hand Smith

The Truth about Voodoo

Yeeeeeaaah......I Highly doubt the Zombies will be about Voodoo..... Like...I REALLY REALLY doubt it..

Yes...we saw a picture of voodoo....doesn't mean Black Ops 3 zombies will have anything to do with Voodoo. Tacitus also refered to a Moon crater yet Tacitus had nothing to do with The Moon. 

Green run was once thought to hold great meaning to the location of the new zombies map. But in the end it was just a name and the actual town was just a random town

I believe our new perk will indeed be called voodoo something. Perhaps Voodoo is just a metaphor for how Samantha controls everything. but definitely. The main story for Black Ops 3 zombies will not be about Voodoo

Infected115    5

to be honest, its WAY to early to rule out ideas. And on a side note, Voodoo and Zombies go hand and hand..look up alil Voodoo and youll see its right up this alley, putting people under trances, controlling them...doesnt sound familar?

Awards

to be honest, its WAY to early to rule out ideas. And on a side note, Voodoo and Zombies go hand and hand..look up alil Voodoo and youll see its right up this alley, putting people under trances, controlling them...doesnt sound familar?

​Which is why I believe it is a metaphor for something else. It's not voodoo that is bringing the dead back to life. It's still 115. 

The thought of Voodoo being the new 115 is ridiculous. I bet my money on it

It looks like a map name. Voodoo which has that skull image as the map icon like the wheel for Tranzit. Theres no way all this voodoo stuff is just for a perk, no reason it can't be an of the dead map, especially since Blundell is director of zombies now so there roles may have switched a little.

NaBrZHunter    491

@Black Hand Smith has a point, though, and I agree in both preference (what I want to see-or in this case, hope to not see) and what may or may not be. Voodooism creates zombies via ritual. We already have a well-established process by which zombies are made and controlled, specifically, reanimation through the electromagnetic heavy metal element properties of 115. Control is attained through use of the MPD, an advanced peice of radio technology. 

Substituting that with superstitious potions, words, and dolls is a step way down, IMO. 

I am very familiar with voodoo Zombiism, and studies have shown that the active ingredient used in the potions is from a poisonous Caribbean fish. However, whether it actually works the way they claim it does is uncertain. What it *has* been known to do, in some cases, is to put a person in a state that is considered 'clinically dead.' When in actuality, they are closer to what you might call 'hibernating'. When they revive, they actually return to normal. 

In essence, voodoo zombies are not technically 'undead,' rather, poisoned and hypnotized, and historically nonviolent, if I'm not mistaken, merely enslaved.

Up until this point, the zombies we have know have, in the words of Nikolai 2.0, been certifiably 'stumbling, rotten, filthy corpses.'

Thats why as a one off map it would work as opposed to an actual map. There is no reason that all of these ideas cannot become scientific with simple explanations. Even if they are not, explain how Mob of the Dead was not a step down from zombies when it is one of the most liked maps and is also based mostly on hell as opposed to scientific ideas such as teleporters.

NaBrZHunter    491

Thats why as a one off map it would work as opposed to an actual map. There is no reason that all of these ideas cannot become scientific with simple explanations. Even if they are not, explain how Mob of the Dead was not a step down from zombies when it is one of the most liked maps and is also based mostly on hell as opposed to scientific ideas such as teleporters.

Haha, that I cannot do. There's a reason I don't even own it. (Though I probably will. For fun and even some of the best 'eerie' gameplay, it is a good map.)

Otherwise, I was extremely disappointed by it. 

Mob of the Dead was enjoyed by a large amount of people and is viewed as the best map of BO2, even if I do not think so, it would make sense to do something like it again. If someone told me there was going to be Alcatraz with hell symbolism i would not be fussed but they way they executed it is why it was so good.

NaBrZHunter    491

Oh, as I said, by all means, yes, the map was excellent, and I'm sure a mass of people enjoyed it. I do tend to be the oddball out, though. Some folks swear up and down there has been Satanic influence from the start, but I disagree, and coming from the approach that Der Riese was indeed 'where it all began,' I can't help but hope it stays strictly scientifically based. 

Now, I understand that it has always been influenced by the Nazi Occultism, but even that was more on a scientific level than magical/supernatural. You might call it 'mystic science,' which has ties to everything from gunpowder to medicine. 

Whats killing me, though, is what happened to Peter at SNN, and who are the two bodies at Der Riese? Especially the one hanging in Maxis' office?

I think I know who that body is, or at least one of them. If you made another topic for that I would put my thoughts on it.

Infected115    5

ok, rewind..i didnt mean voodoo was gonna be the cause lol im sure itll still be 115..i just mean like its too early to say the maps will have nothin to do with voodoo or shit like that. i was just mainly using voodoo as a comparison to how the zombies are controlled by Sam or Ed, just reminded me of voodoo

Awards

BennetsGreen    13

Yeeeeeaaah......I Highly doubt the Zombies will be about Voodoo..... Like...I REALLY REALLY doubt it..

Yes...we saw a picture of voodoo....doesn't mean Black Ops 3 zombies will have anything to do with Voodoo. Tacitus also refered to a Moon crater yet Tacitus had nothing to do with The Moon. 

Green run was once thought to hold great meaning to the location of the new zombies map. But in the end it was just a name and the actual town was just a random town

I believe our new perk will indeed be called voodoo something. Perhaps Voodoo is just a metaphor for how Samantha controls everything. but definitely. The main story for Black Ops 3 zombies will not be about Voodoo​

you can't be serious??? green run was the name of the route that people working at the hanford site travelled by bus on. the place where transits set is the hanford site, washington

Awards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Run

The fact that it mentions Tranzit itself is what kind of gives it away that there is an obvious connection as well. I feel like there is a lot to do with those map names that people have not properly explored yet.

BennetsGreen    13

i couldn't agree with you more. there is ALOT of real life history to those maps.

Awards

I believe our new perk will indeed be called voodoo something. Perhaps Voodoo is just a metaphor for how Samantha controls everything. but definitely. The main story for Black Ops 3 zombies will not be about Voodoo​

you can't be serious??? green run was the name of the route that people working at the hanford site travelled by bus on. the place where transits set is the hanford site, washington

​And how much of the story actually revolved around Hanford? They weren't even involved in what was happening. That's like making a map in a concentration camp and not having a single Nazi as a Zombie. 

But its not, all maps have a story that is unrelated to the actual apocalypse part. E.g. der riese with wunder weapons.

But its not, all maps have a story that is unrelated to the actual apocalypse part. E.g. der riese with wunder weapons.

​Ascension story: A russian scientist is trapped in the Aether and needs to be rescued after he was betrayed by a fellow scientist who was influenced by samantha.

Call of the Dead Story: 4 actors are stranded in Siberia after George Romero's new film goes terribly wrong. They also help 4 stranded time travelers by collecting a strange vril artifact from a long abandoned 935 ship where experiments on mind control were tested

Shangri-la Story: Deep in the Himalayas 2 Explorers find themselves trapped in a time loop as our 4 heroes try to save them and collect the focusing stone from a 115 mining facility.

Moon Story: All stories come together as you discover 935's ultimate achievement. Griffon Station. Learn how richtofen goes mad and how samantha came into power as you watch your own planet be destroyed by missiles. Earth didn't even have time to react to the sudden destruction of the world.  

Tranzit Story: 4 Survivors must survive in a zombie infested Bus route as the world around them Crumbles and light a tower. While listening to the voices.

Die Rise Story: 4 Survivors must survive a zombie infested building as the world around them crumbles and light a tower while lisitening to the voices

Buried Story: 4 Survivors must survive a zombie infested underground western town as the world around them crumbles and light a tower which means Maxis Gains control of the undead........

Yeah that is the parts of the story linked to the zombies and stuff, theres lots of other aspects that do not pertain to the zombies that you didn't mention since you did a basic outline. I don't know what your trying to prove, this post is completely unconfirmed and is speculation as well. Green Run was literally the location of Tranzit, thats why it held importance.

BennetsGreen    13

Green run had a massive link to nuketown. The Hanford site is where they made most of the ingredients for atomic bombs and other nuclear weapons. The Hanford site is one of the most polluted places in the u.s.a.. Hate to say it but you need to bite the bullet and realise your wrong.

die rise wS actually related to what the Chinese refer to as the Great Leap Forward. A political movement that ended in the starvation of 1000's of people. 

As as for voodoo and zombies, even George a ramero admits his idea of zombies came fromin Haiti and it involves ALOT of voodoo. In The actual process they apparently give the victim a drug that turns them into a dead state, they are buried as the dead would be, then a few days later dug up and as the drug wears off they come back to life, but not the same as before... More like a zombie slave

Edited by BennetsGreen

Awards

Green run had a massive link to nuketown. The Hanford site is where they made most of the ingredients for atomic bombs and other nuclear weapons. The Hanford site is one of the most polluted places in the u.s.a.. Hate to say it but you need to bite the bullet and realise your wrong.

die rise wS actually related to what the Chinese refer to as the Great Leap Forward. A political movement that ended in the starvation of 1000's of people. 

Yeah that is the parts of the story linked to the zombies and stuff, theres lots of other aspects that do not pertain to the zombies that you didn't mention since you did a basic outline. I don't know what your trying to prove, this post is completely unconfirmed and is speculation as well. Green Run was literally the location of Tranzit, thats why it held importance.

​It may have a link to nuketown....but does it have any link to Zombies?. The Hanford site literally adds nothing to the map Tranzit, in fact had tranzit been located anywhere else in the U.S nothing about the map or the story would have changed. That's what I am trying to get at. Something may BE THERE...but at the same time, be IRRELEVANT to anything going on

BennetsGreen    13

actually town is based off an actual demolished town just near the Hanford site... The bank is the only building that still stands there, but it is IDENTICAL.  Il get photos today and post them. This may sound nerdy but I spent 2 weeks around the Hanford site when I was living in seattle. It's very very fucking scary how much that place screams zombies just by being there haha. 

Edited by BennetsGreen

Awards

BennetsGreen    13

As for tranzits connection to nuke town and zombies, what did maxis send to the earth?? Atomic weapons containing 115. Where do you get ingredients to make atomic weapons??? The handford site!

Awards

Wait so when did we mention Nuketown in the things that were quoted, im confused now?

As for tranzits connection to nuke town and zombies, what did maxis send to the earth?? Atomic weapons containing 115. Where do you get ingredients to make atomic weapons??? The handford site!

​The Hanford site was established in 1942 and was on American Soil. Group 935 was in partnership with the Nazi's. Hanford would have never sent resources for 935 to make weapons.