Sign in to follow this  
Stop Mocking Me0

Maxis's ending: Canon?

Now, this is just me, but look at the video bellow: 

This is what happened when four completed the 3 easter eggs as a follower of maxis. 

And THIS is the ONLY 100% confirmed zombies gameplay we've seen so far from the BO3 reveal trailer

Now the most prominent thing we can take from the teaser is the EYE color. For those who don't know, different eye color means a different demonic announcer. (The guy who calls out "Insta-kill" "HAHAHAHA"(When the box moves) and "NO TREAT FOR YOU". ) Blue means richtofen is the controller, Red means the zombies are under what we believe is the devil's control,

Now, Yellow is currently associated with Samantha maxis as we see in the trailer. The ORIGINAL demonic announcer from WAW, most of BO1, and Origins and nuke town in BO2. 

Orange is the color of LUDWIG Maxis (or just Dr. Maxis) who is one of the two sides of the war in BO2, where you got to choose either maxis or Richtofen to take control of the zombies. 

Now the zombies IN the trailer are Yellow-ish but that's also pretty close to Orange. Either way, if the events of THIS game take place AFTER the events of Buried (where I think they should) this means maxis is either in control of the aether, or has saved samantha and SHE is in control of the aether. I should also mention the orange-dust-filled background which would also connect to this  theory, as in buried when maxis took control, everything went orange as well. 

Of course, there's still the possibility this map takes place in the olden-days of the 1950s. But with the futuristic weaponry (which 99% of BO3 appears to be) I don't think this is the case. I know the box and wall weapons can pull weapons from different eras, but still, at least some of the weapons are from the same era as the map. If we're using 2065 in 1945, I just can't see us using more-then-century-old-weaponry alongside massively improved weaponry unthought of by the current era. 

None the less, this DOES extinguish almost 100% of the idea that the RICHTOFEN ending is cannon... SO... there's that... 

My two cents at least, what are your thoughts on this? 

Edited by Stop mocking me0

I don't think anyone won. No matter what happens I think we return to a sort of equilibrium where Sam is in control. Also this could be set in the past where Sam is in control or maybe further in the future where the events of Buried are just kind of ignored.

Well... No... Because if they were ignored, we'd have blue eyes. If Richtofen won we'd have blue eyes. 

Either maxis won, some other event arose that brings sam back to power, or this game's not set in the future. 

Did you read what I put? I said if nobody won and Sam ended up back in control we would not know who won. There is always the possibility Richtofen won, just because of an image of a zombie that is thought to be set in the past and also it has yellow eyes which does not mean Maxis won, none of this shows Maxis won yet.

As much as I've lamented the use of the word of canon, one can't think that one ending is any more or less real than the other. If you think both happen, then good. Neither, also good. But to simply pick is to just be choosing a favorite.

Also, for the record, the only reason Richtofen's zombies have blue eyes is because he reverted them to their original state. Maxis went his own way with orange.

The trailer shows yellow eyes. (For some reason a lot of people aren't able to tell the difference much between yellow and orange? I suspect perhaps the issue might be varying monitors made by different companies?) So all that tells us is that this has something to do with Samantha. Something significant? Can't tell. Keep in mind that Nacht and Verruckt, both pre-Samantha, also had yellow eyes.

Did you read what I put? I said if nobody won and Sam ended up back in control we would not know who won. There is always the possibility Richtofen won, just because of an image of a zombie that is thought to be set in the past and also it has yellow eyes which does not mean Maxis won, none of this shows Maxis won yet.

​Did you not read what I wrote: 

-3 Outcomes:

-Maxis won and gave his control to samantha

-Other event that caused sam to take power

-Not set in the past. 

MMX: What evidence is there that Blue is the normal color's state? 

Also, if origins is in the same universe as buried and kino, then Samantha appeared long before Nact and Verruckt. 

Kinda contradicted yourself there, as either the yellow eyes are the natural state, or Samantha appeared before Shi-no-numa. 

Here's what I think

If Maxis Wins: Maxis Enters Agartha and loses his memories as he becomes one with the New Maxis. Which is Why he desperately wants to reach samantha even though he knows he has no daughter by that name. It's a part of him that craves to be reunited. World outside collapses and Richtofen's soul is transferred to the new reality

If Richtofen Wins: Richtofen banishes Maxis but he ends up in the Origins Universe. Richtofen gains control of Samuels Body but perhaps the world is doomed anyways..and they end up once again in Agartha.

If No One Wins: Richtofen and Maxis end up in an eternal battle in which no one survives and no on listens to their instructions. They spend Billions of years locked in a war that has no progression. The earth dies out and the Universe Ends as well as their eternal struggle. A new Reality is born from the old reality where things are the same yet different. In this reality Origins Occurs and both entities are reunited with their counterparts. Thus richtofen sometimes seems out of character, and Maxis once again searches for a daughter that doesn't even exist

I like smiths view of it. Also the zombie is from the past its a project nova zombie is it not? Also MMX means the blue eyed zombies in Origins are there normal state hence why Eddy also says it in the end cutscene.

Spider3000    140

I don't think anyone won. No matter what happens I think we return to a sort of equilibrium where Sam is in control. Also this could be set in the past where Sam is in control or maybe further in the future where the events of Buried are just kind of ignored.

​Completely agree. I think the events of Buried will be ignored.

Awards

A project nova zombie? What are you talking about? I've lost track...

That's one way to look at the eyes I guess... 

Have you not seen the post where people were trying to figure out where this zombie is from? It is either a nazi zombie or a project nova campaign mission zombie.

Rissole25    378

I just want both to be canon, and it can easily be done.

Maxis: Richtofen's soul in a zombie eventually transfers into Samuel via him eating it.
Richtofen: Richtofen didn't get rid of Maxis again (he failed killing him via teleporter in Der Riese, failed to delete him in Moon, what's to say he doesn't evade Richtofen again? He's crafty), so Maxis returns and gains control of Aether while Richtofen is stuck in Samuel.

Or if we want to go with a Deus ex machina, 115 somehow cause both timelines (Richtofen and Maxis) to merge.

End result: Maxis is in control while Richtofen is stuck inside Samuel.

Edited by Rissole25

Ugh, so many possibilities, and didn't I hear somewhere we were getting a rebooted story?

Awards

Tattoo247    118

Lol you're going to hold close to that bus driver theory until the game releases aren't you? ;)

It's clear to me, that Maxis indeed was the "victor" in the events of BO2. Having little use for the world in it's current state, he has either A: Reversed time to the point where he can thwart Richtofen for good (perhaps this is why Origins ending favors Der Riese from what little we get to see outside).or

B: He has adopted another timeline entirely to his control, basically to do the same thing, either stopping Richtofen from discovering the MTD, or to just destroy him completely.

I cant wait to see where this goes, I'm just glad Samantha is back in whichever way she will be presented.

Lol you're going to hold close to that bus driver theory until the game releases aren't you? ;)

​I mean we have a map that teases Chicago, and I doubt pre-apocalyptic Chicago is going to be the setting. But post-apocalyptic Chicago makes more sense with the picture then WW2 era Nazi-zombies. Maybe we'll have nazi zombies in Chicago, maybe that's the process maxis was hinting towards: Turning regular zombies into his own personal army of nazi zombies. Maybe we'll have 2 maps, one for the future Chicago, and one for a Der-reise re-make set in WW2. 

Point being Chicago seems more likely to me then nazi territory. 

• Like 1

DaveLo07    172

Also MMX means the blue eyed zombies in Origins are there normal state hence why Eddy also says it in the end cutscene.

​The zombies in Origins have orange eyes. The templar zombie eyes are a deep purple,not blue. In my opinion the quote from Eddy 'I told you before, their eyes should be blue' is simply him stating the colour of the eyes when he is in control hence Samantha's response 'It's my turn Eddy, I can do whatever I want'.

In Origins they have yellow eyes and blue eyes. Then there are the whitish blue eyes from the generator ones. I had to argue this to mocking ages ago, if you just go and actually play the map you will see blue eyes.

DaveLo07    172

My bad, the eyes are yellow not orange. But I have played the map recently and didn't notice blue eyes. Are you saying some of the regular zombies have blue eyes, or the zombies in the crazy place?

The templar zombies you find in the tombs where you put the gramophone or the main chamber have blue eyes. In the crazy place they have those white energy eyes.

Infected115    5

....been awhile since ive been here, but i feel zombie season approaching lol been googling bo3 zombie info since the trailer release. well last night i came across a piece of possible storyline info, seeing this topic made me decide to share.

this isn't any of my info nor do i believe this to be valid but if it right (or maybe its old), but the "Origins" endscene will be the play out here. in a youtube video i saw he talked about leak info comming from a 'reliable' sorce via reddict post but it sounds like BS

Edited by Infected115

Awards

Matuzz    218

I'm pretty sure the next game will not continue Maxis nor Richtofen side. They both ended their own story arcs. When Maxis won he destroyed the world only to be reunited with his daughter and when Richtofen won and becaome god and made the world his own torture chamber to fulfill his minds sick desires. Each were endings of that realitys world. Even if Treyarch would continue either side it would be just tacky and pretty lame to go "hey this is the real ending not the one you got!"

In zombies the time is shattered. Black Ops II zombies story ended in Buried. Origins was another reality, another start. Black Ops story reality was left in cliffhanger. Will Black Ops III continue Origins or Black Ops reality or start yet again new one will be seen. As for Black Ops II reality I don't thing they will continue that because it was kinda conclusive ending and because the double arc makes it also unpractical.

• Like 1

BennetsGreen    13

my understanding in the zombies storyline is that time is being melded together so everything can change and will continue to change in an unrealistic sense. but the fact that time travel has happened plus the fact the broken rift has screwed time itself,  it will always be distorted now. which means anything can happen.

i also think they left us with ALOT of clues in the dice summit.... like richtofens name on the blue print... but his picture scribbled out? in my opinion they could go both ways at the same time with this... they could have a map set after buried, and map set just after origins.

i have a feeling the ending of buried made origins possible.

Awards