MrTEPDuck

More Verrückt-style Teamwork!

MrTEPDuck    3

Obviously with the inclusion of proper full on objective based Easter Eggs since Der Riese, zombies has always had a team element to it where you work together for rewards (perks, weapons, etc) however the teamwork aspect has more or less be there from the start.

Now before you go calling me Captain Obvious because zombies is a co-op based game mode, what I'm referring to is actual, helping one another out teamwork. In the original Natch Der Untoten map, I always found myself playing with randomers online. And without fail, everything single game, everyone would open the box room, open the stairs and then huddle together in the corner upstairs while you all riddled the undead with endless amounts of bullets.

But Verrückt, for me, has always felt like the closest to what zombies should be like in terms of teamwork. Whereas with Easter Eggs it's an optional side quest, in Verrückt the first thing you need to work on was getting the power turned on so you could open the door up in the centre of the map to let your buddies join you on your side of the map (unless, you know, they open all the doors on their side too).

I surely can't be the only one who wants to see this sort of thing return? And I mean in such a way where the teamwork is mandatory. Buying all the doors yourself because the other two players on the other side refuse to waste their points (even worse when they turn out to be able to hold out longer without the box than you can).

Here's my pitch:

- Players paired up into two sets of two randomly.

- One set of players are within the actual map itself.

- The other set are trapped somewhere (similar to the Crazy Place in 'Origins' perhaps?)..

- The power cannot be turned on until all four players are together (maybe there's a set of four switches that all players need to press at once to get out of the starting room?).

- Players within the main portion of the map need to fix and calibrate a teleporter somehow (maybe they have to build parts of it or find certain things, maybe even a little game that you must do to calibrate it so it's operational - a game like this http://moh97.us/flow/ or perhaps the good ol' fashion Call of Duty "tap X for a while".

- Meanwhile, the trapped players are working to prepare the teleporter on their end (maybe in the same way, maybe differently - depends on what they come up with).

- Then when one side has finished their objective they must wait for the others to finish theirs so they can press a 'Ready Up/Activate' button that sends the teleporter into life.

- Then all four players are reunited and the starting room now has a permanently active teleporter (like the doors to the Crazy Place) that you can just step in and out of.

END NOTE: Maybe the trapped players could repair the teleporter and the other two need to fix and set up the power to activate the teleporter. That way there could be two different maps (say Verrückt and Origins) that are connected by a single teleporter? And the two sets of two need to scour their map for the necessary components to complete their objective. That way you can have two maps in one! Kind of like what TranZit tried to do by having the Natch Der Untoten easter egg.

This is just a suggestion of mine that I really think would be a fun, mandatory thing to do. Especially if it's not too challenging an objective but does need to be completely to do pretty much everything you'd want on the map - e.g. perks, box, etc. 

Thoughts and suggestions would be nice! :)

• Like 1

qwest    0

Loved the idea when it premiered in Verrückt. However, I wouldn't  like it in every map but once in a while I think it would be something nice to see as a sort of refresher.

This is another issue I had with BO2: 

Every map, with the exception of origins and MOTD, does not require you to open a single door (with points) to get to the meat of the level.

In tranzit you just needed the turbine to escape. 

Die-rise you had the elevator to jump to the second half of the map. 

Buried had you fall down and gave you the ability to access just about EVERYWHERE. 

Even MOTD only required you to open a door or two to access so much of the map.  

In the older days, you had to BANK your points before you could get out of anywhere. 

In nact you spent the first 6 rounds earning points before even opening the door (classic "first to 2000" rule of course. 

In verruct you had two possible locations to spawn in, with one buddy, whom you had to deal with until the group got to the other side to join up. 

In Shi-no-numa and der-reise there was the typical origins way: Where one could open up either door path to get to the same place where most of the map was with other branches on that. This was also the case in Moon. 

Ascension had a unique concept shared with COTD and somewhat nuke town zombies in which you could open a door up to one of two major areas of the map, vital to progress. 

Shangri-la actually had two routs, but didn't have any main areas of anything. The only two areas of interest, at least to me, would be the bridge, and the power room. Everything else in-between was useful filler. (No typo, each and every perk is appreciated) 

From my experience, the best method for the SECONDARY map (meaning the hidden or DLC one that comes out on release) is to give players a bit of a harder time. Separate them again like in Verruct, then force them to truly work together from each side of the map to get their friends through. Of course, in solo one could also get through without the help of the other side, but it's not as fun. 

Once the two groups actually meet up all hell breaks lose: 

Workbenches on one side of the map correspond with parts on the other. 

One side has juggernog, the other has wonderfizz. 

The box is where the two meet up obviously. 

Plus, imagine a greif map like this, where you'd have 2 of each team needing to cooperate to get to the good-stuff: But watch your back! Your "teammates" could turn on you at any point!

MrTEPDuck    3

Loved the idea when it premiered in Verrückt. However, I wouldn't  like it in every map but once in a while I think it would be something nice to see as a sort of refresher.

​Oh no, every map would be a bit ridiculous but I felt every now and again, to shake things up, it would be nice. In fact a different way to start each map would be great. The first one like normal, the next like Verruckt, another somewhat like Moon but perhaps with more of a reason to be there rather than "Quick, run to the teleporter!". It would be great to not start every map the same. As much as I adore zombies, when starting up a new game I feel quite bored already because all the interesting stuff takes time to get to.

From my experience, the best method for the SECONDARY map (meaning the hidden or DLC one that comes out on release) is to give players a bit of a harder time. Separate them again like in Verruct, then force them to truly work together from each side of the map to get their friends through. Of course, in solo one could also get through without the help of the other side, but it's not as fun. 

Once the two groups actually meet up all hell breaks lose: 

Workbenches on one side of the map correspond with parts on the other. 

One side has juggernog, the other has wonderfizz. 

The box is where the two meet up obviously. 

Plus, imagine a greif map like this, where you'd have 2 of each team needing to cooperate to get to the good-stuff: But watch your back! Your "teammates" could turn on you at any point!

Exactly! Teamwork for a common goal and to shake things up. It just makes me feel like this way you won't join a random game with two friends, a stranger and yourself and have the two friends doing all they can to work together but with no one else.

Yes! This as a grief map would be so unique and interesting to place!

Verruct needs to return as a grief map. Shi no numa?

It really would.Struggling to revive your team mate because the centre door isn't open yet; it'd be awesome!