Site Speed

Speed of site  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Tech Admin

We have made a couple of changes and we have also applied the most recent update for the software, me personally I'm seeing big speed improvements - still got work to do but I want to know if everyone else is experiencing faster or slower or just the same in regards to speed?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a tad slow for me, and it's the same over 3 different browsers. Not major but when I click the bookmark to open the site it takes around 5-10 seconds to open, then when I press on links it takes around the same to open a new page. Sometimes quicker but still a bit sluggish. It's getter better each day though.

Mobile site is still unusable for the most part though.

Edit: Just realized that the additional 5 second load up speed was down to me using a VPN and when disabled the site loads up in 3-5 seconds. My bad. :P

• Tech Admin

Sorry for the downtime earlier, this was planned rather than not being planned.

Effectively what we did is rebuild our Apache service and installed a couple of modules, apache is basically what makes the http service run - improvements have been made to this service.

We also upgraded PHP at the same time to give us improvements in how the php extension is dealt with.

Overall the results speak for themselves.

This is the speed at which the main index is fetched at

dcb30a0382138e5f1bbb767c56732a5c.png

That is a significant increase from what we did have before the update.

We still need to make improvements in the speed at which the forum is accessed, however this has also improved significantly but still not perfect.

989bf9c0521a02816efc1faf74e6d880.png

We are working to improve things further and we aim to bring response times down to 1s to 2s ASAP.

Edited by Hells Warrrior
  • Tech Admin

Ok, so a little change has been done, and we are now at the following

f982cec51cf6d1d256241db993a52c1c.png

The page load time is averaging 5s at the moment, but I'll get this down with some SQL optimisation but everything is going in the right direction now, the Yslow marks us down because we don't use a CDN to serve static content.